Everyone needs to take a step back

Flamma

Reaction score
I am super happy we won. I said that if we beat seattle I feel we can beat anybody in the playoffs. and I still believe that.

I keep seeing posts where the Rams are scared to play us, We're definitely moving on to the NFCCG, etc. There is still a game to play people. I understand the excitement, and optimism but Gurley, Donald, Suh, Goff are no joke. They could easily blow the Cowboys out of the stadium.

I feel more confident in this game than if the Cowboys were going to the saints, but it is on the road, and the Cowboys will still need to execute.

Yeah they're no joke, and either are the Cowboys. We may lose, but we're not getting blown out anymore than they are. Goff is not elite and Suh has the speed of a Honda Civic with four fat girls in it. They're human just like the Cowboys. Jared Goff will be seeing something new next week. We aren't the Cardinals or 49ers.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm only optimistic because we've been trending up the last 6+ weeks, whereas the Rams have hit a few bumps in the road.

That, and the Cowboys style of play virtually guarantees us to be in it late. That's all you can really ask for in the playoffs - a chance!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yea, true.

I just think you could switch both those QBs and the results would basically be the same for each team. They're both excellent at playing in their systems, but neither could thrive in, say, Dallas' system.

we will find out. Goff has 1 playoff game under his belt and played poor.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I will only get excited if we make it to the NFCCG because we haven't been there in 25 years.

Not going to tell you how you must feel All I can say is I get excited heading into every game. I don't worry about protecting myself from my own feelings of disappointment or the thrill of winning. I have long accepted the fact that in sports that there is 1 of 2 outcomes and you best learn how to deal with both. I would not claim that this game is in the bag and we are SB bound, this is going to be a tough game and I look forward to this team having the chance to going out and earning a trip to the NFC Championship game.

Blackrain

Reaction score
As I have said 100 times it all depends on the Oline . Garrett rested them in the Giants game and they came to the post season in top 10 form Tyron looked like his old self .

Can we win in the trenches against Donald and Suh ??? This needs to happen so we can run and possess the ball keeping there high flying offense off the field .

If we win the toss take the ball posses it for most of the 1st qtr and score . Go on 4th down if necessary we want them to play from behind and Dak has to run more , no sacks no TOs no penalties and if its not there get positive yrds with your legs .

Need very mistake free game to compete Should give us a pretty fair chance . We can not afford to turn the ball over and go down early that = disaster GO COWBOYS!!!!!

LA is the next best thing to playing at home !!

GenoT

Reaction score
I am super happy we won. I said that if we beat seattle I feel we can beat anybody in the playoffs. and I still believe that.

I keep seeing posts where the Rams are scared to play us, We're definitely moving on to the NFCCG, etc. There is still a game to play people. I understand the excitement, and optimism but Gurley, Donald, Suh, Goff are no joke. They could easily blow the Cowboys out of the stadium.

I feel more confident in this game than if the Cowboys were going to the saints, but it is on the road, and the Cowboys will still need to execute.
Yet another “Tap The Brakes” thread.

How original...

:clap:

BrassCowboy

Reaction score

Well all is ok cuz we don't play the game so we can say we are gonna win superbowl now if we want, but yeah high expectations can turn into long downfalls

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Rams are the better team. But this was the best possible matchup for us. We’re going to need stud over or so and to play otherwise as well as we did v. SEA to steal a game here.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
And if they beat the Rams, we’re back to hearing all the “scared to play the Saints” posts. :rolleyes: Unless the Eagles get lucky then it’s “3rd time’s the charm” (last time I heard that was from Marv Levy right before SB27) Chill and let the boys play the game.

Blackrain

Reaction score

Dude screw taking a step back this team has already exceeded my expectations we are playing with house money . 10 wins and a home playoff win that's as good as we can ever hope for with losing Witten, Big Fred and having no WR to start the season .

We are at the point anything can happen good or bad but nothing worse than we have been through in the last 15 yrs so if people want to profess a SB lock IM on board lets ride this like we stole it till the wheels fall off . Its all good and sure nice that fans have something for once to get overly excited about .

IF it bothers you that fans are overjoyed with there predictions CLIMB UNDER YOUR WET BLANKET AND WAIT IT OUT don't rain on our parade before its over

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So? They're 13-3, and have the best RB in football (Sorry but Gurley being 1st team all-pro makes him better), one of the best young coaches. This is not going to be an easy out. None of them will be.

You're right that this will not be an easy game, and that if Dallas does manage to win there will not be any easy games going forward, but being first team All-Pro doesn't necessarily mean Gurley is better, it just means enough voters felt he had a somewhat better 2018 than Zeke. At the end of the day there isn't a notable edge either way. Reasonable people can make a reasonable case for either.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the game is not played on paper its played by players on a field I don't know whats going to happen all I know is we have a chance you don't get weak teams in the playoffs they are all good I just hope they take full advantage of this opportunity because u don't get them every year any more in the nfl

Whyjerry

Reaction score

I agree 100 pct. I could see the Rams rolling Dallas but there is a case to be made that if the weather is not good (potential for rain this weekend) and Dallas can get pressure on Goff the Cowboys can easily win this game. I see the Rams as a soft team. I see Goff as a guy that will wilt under pressure. I also see that KC game when their offense was unstoppable. The Dallas secondary has been bad the last couple weeks. Have to be better against the Rams.

Dallas needs to start strong and get that weak LA crowd out of the game. If the Rams come out blazing and Goff has a clean pocket - Dallas is going to get blown out. If they can knock Goff around and play well early - Dallas is going to win a close game.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
So? They're 13-3, and have the best RB in football (Sorry but Gurley being 1st team all-pro makes him better), one of the best young coaches. This is not going to be an easy out. None of them will be.
It’s a joke and actually rather funny. Remember Pac-Man Jones saying this (It’s the Rams dude) when he was here, on Hard Knocks when asked if we could beat them? He later got suspended and they beat us.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score

Gurley is not the best RB in this game. Gurley makes a lot of splash plays by the design of the Offense. They live on the outside, get him in space and he is fast so he can out run a lot of LBers to the edge. But he is not the work horse that Zeke is. He doesn't do the dirty yards very well. He is a good RB, not saying otherwise, but if I am building a team from scratch and my two choices were zeke and todd, I take Zeke 100% of the time. And with our speed and power at LB, I don't think he will be able to consistently beat them to the edge this game and he will take a pounding by being turned inside a lot. I am not overly concerned with their running attack and if we can get pressure on Goff consistently, he will be rattled. I think they will struggle to score 17 points this week. I just hope we can score 18 :)