Everything Grape - The Wine Thread

BillyBates

Reaction score
My wife and I have tried a old vine zinfandel LODI from Eddie Plongerheid vineyards. its comical name ''Plungerhead'' obviously a play on his name along with a 30s barber shop quartet style man with a plunger affixed to the top of his head was what brought me to purchase it.(15 $)..go figure lol.
on the back it refers itself as being a part of the ''laid back guys stand out wines'' I haven't a clue what this list maybe or simply advertising ploy?.
but back on point I'm am not a wine person. but I have to say this was a very tasty and enjoyable Zinfandel. I rarely if ever go back for a second glass. the bottle almost lasted through dinner.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
My wife and I have tried a old vine zinfandel LODI from Eddie Plongerheid vineyards. its comical name ''Plungerhead'' obviously a play on his name along with a 30s barber shop quartet style man with a plunger affixed to the top of his head was what brought me to purchase it.(15 $)..go figure lol.
on the back it refers itself as being a part of the ''laid back guys stand out wines'' I haven't a clue what this list maybe or simply advertising ploy?.
but back on point I'm am not a wine person. but I have to say this was a very tasty and enjoyable Zinfandel. I rarely if ever go back for a second glass. the bottle almost lasted through dinner.

A great Zinfandel is like great potato chips. It's really hard just to eat / drink one!

rynochop

Reaction score
These are the recipes I use. I double it though.

Apple Pie Moonshine
img_7221-300x277.jpg

Ingredients

• 1 750-milliliter bottle of 190-proof Everclear or high-proof vodka if that's all you can get.
  • About 1 cup of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum (two cups tastes pretty good also... just saying).
  • 1 gallon apple cider
  • 1 quart apple juice
  • 3 cups brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 10 cinnamon sticks
  • 1 large stock pot
  • 6 mason jars (quart-sized)
This recipe comes together very quickly. Simply combine the cinnamon sticks, apple cider, and apple juice in the large pot. Bring it all to a mild simmer and add in the sugars.

Continue to stir slowly for about 5-10 minutes until all the sugar is dissolved. At that point, turn the heat off and allow the apple cider mixture to cool down to room temperature.

Allow it several hours to reach a lower temperature. If you add in the alcohol too soon, the higher temperature will evaporate some of the alcohol content.

Once the mixture is at room temperature, stir in the Everclear and one to two cups of rum.

At that point, you are ready to jar the apple pie moonshine in the mason jars. These make excellent Christmas gifts, hint hint! Don't be afraid to put a cinnamon stick in the jars either.

This is basically the greatest Christmas drink ever invented, and goes great with a few apple slices to munch on as well! The shelf life isn't much of a concern, because you'll drink it well before it goes bad!

As the apple pie moonshine ages, the cinnamon and sugar blends out the alcohol taste to an almost undetectable level. Again...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Peach Pie Moonshine

Ingredients
  • 2 - 64 oz bottles white grape peach juice
  • 2 - 15 oz cans sliced peaches in heavy syrup
  • 2½ - 3 cups granulated sugar
  • 6 - 7 cinnamon sticks
  • 1 750 ml bottle everclear
  • 1 750 ml bottle peach schnapps
Instructions
In a large pot, bring juice, peaches w/ syrup, sugar, and cinnamon sticks to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Take out the cinnamon sticks Let cool to room temperature, then add the peach schnapps and everclear. Stir well, then pour through a strainer layered with a cheesecloth to strain out the peaches and any bits of the cinnamon sticks. Ladle into jars. Peaches can be divided between the jars. Yields 12-14 pint-sized jars and 6-7 quart-sized jars
May have to try the apple pie..do you need to refrigerate it? I'd imagine a quart would put you on your behind.lol
I've also wanted to try and make homemade lemincello..I've never even had it but sounds good

Hardline

Reaction score
May have to try the apple pie..do you need to refrigerate it? I'd imagine a quart would put you on your behind.lol
I've also wanted to try and make homemade lemincello..I've never even had it but sounds good
I refrigerate it