Everything Hinges On Lights Out Defensive Play

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Yeah, we have a great defense
But there were many who doubted their capabilities to stop the combination of Herbert and Kellen Moore. Including some Cowboys fans who believe Kellen Moore would have a "revenge game" against the Cowboys and have Herbert and the Chargers offense going up and down the field easily scoring all night on the Cowboys defense.

starfan1

Reaction score
Consider the defenses they each faced. Very equal.
consider the offenses our defense has faced lol. see how that works? I give credit to the defense when due and they can be ferocious after the QB but looking at the OL rankings Im not seeing stellar competition there either

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But there were many who doubted their capabilities to stop the combination of Herbert and Kellen Moore. Including some Cowboys fans who believe Kellen Moore would have a "revenge game" against the Cowboys and have Herbert and the Chargers offense going up and down the field easily scoring all night on the Cowboys defense.
I said we'd need 24 points to have a chance at winning. I figured we'd give up somewhere in the neighborhood of 20.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Last week was boring ... I am glad we squeaked on out, and the Church of Dakstians are back and helping add excitement to the board again!

Gurgle Gurgle

Redline360

Reaction score
Most expected Dak to play a good game especially after the dumpster fire last week. Chargers have a terrible defense and had the worst passing defense entering the game.

What is concerning is the OL getting dominated by one of the worst defenses in football. But hey any given sunday...

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Some one said our defense did a good job of containing the run 2.3 yards per rush compared to our 3.7. But we still had enough pressure on Herbert to make him uncomfortable.
D doing good job lately vs run. Need it for Philly matchups

Creeper

Reaction score
The Chargers OL is banged up so I am not anointing the defense just yet. After all, the 49ers game was just over a week ago.

I think the problem with the offense is the offensive line. Dak was flushed out of the pocked about 10 times last night, maybe more. He was also the Cowboys leading rusher. There is no room for the RBs to run. This is the problem and it needs to be corrected. They will not beat good teams unless they can open some holes and get some running room for the RBs. With such bad pass blocking and no running game, the offense is going to struggle, or the QB is going to get hurt.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The defense has played lights out 4 of 6 games this season.

The 2 they didn't we lost easily.

This offense is ugly, boring, and not pulling their weight.
So we better get ready for a loss soon, defense plays good then they let us down

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's because our defensive pressure MADE him over throw his receivers.

Dak over threw our guys too.... so let's not conveniently leave that part out.
I don’t get you guys. Why when you say something about anyone Dak gets thrown into it? I never said Dak didn’t overthrow anyone. What was said is our defense played lights out and it didn’t. Herbert had two of his worst throws with came with no pressure. You guys make excuses for everyone but your own guys we watched the same game you saw the same thing I saw. Herbert was bad but he’s the golden child so I expect his excuse to pile up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Chargers OL is banged up so I am not anointing the defense just yet. After all, the 49ers game was just over a week ago.

I think the problem with the offense is the offensive line. Dak was flushed out of the pocked about 10 times last night, maybe more. He was also the Cowboys leading rusher. There is no room for the RBs to run. This is the problem and it needs to be corrected. They will not beat good teams unless they can open some holes and get some running room for the RBs. With such bad pass blocking and no running game, the offense is going to struggle, or the QB is going to get hurt.
It’s almost like Dak expects his line to protect for him all the time. Gotta use those legs this offense is going to allow you to drop back and pass.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The very same defense that some Cowboys fans on this forum said would get lit up by Kellen Moore and the Chargers offense?
Well, if Herbert isn't uncharacteristically off on a couple throws, are we even in the game late?