Twitter: Evidence now also shows accuser plotted to extort Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott on previous oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
If I did nothing at all here? I wouldn't take 2 games. Right now he's being labeled a woman beater. That's a strong title that is hard to shake. Tire's only one way o shake it and that's if you fight this until the end.

And four independent individuals looked at all this evidence, there is nothing new here, they seen all this and still concluded that there was a preponderance of evidence that he caused the injuries to her....she may be a horrible person for all I know but that still doesn't change the injuries to her...

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
And four independent individuals looked at all this evidence, there is nothing new here, they seen all this and still concluded that there was a preponderance of evidence that he caused the injuries to her....she may be a horrible person for all I know but that still doesn't change the injuries to her...
There's sworn statement about a fist fight with another girl which could have caused some bruising.

Sydla

Reaction score

The four people aren't that independent. And in fact, one of the panelists, came under some pretty heavy criticism for her findings in a previouos NFL case, BountyGate. Mary Jo White got heavy criticism for her statements and findings on BountyGate, which as you know, was overturned on appeal.

They say the "preponderance of evidence" is in their favor. But as of now, it certainly doesn't look like it does, unless they are sitting on far more damning evidence, which I guess is possible.

tideh20heel

Reaction score
The four people aren't that independent. And in fact, one of the panelists, came under some pretty heavy criticism for her findings in a previouos NFL case, BountyGate. Mary Jo White got heavy criticism for her statements and findings on BountyGate, which as you know, was overturned on appeal.

Throw in a NJ pol, Victim advocate, and an ex Commander. Sounds like a real objective group. Next time just have the hearing at a Mara family BBQ and let them decide.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like someone with an ax to grind. This is why we should always demand proof and not just take someone's word for it.

And that's what the people who's job it is to vet this information did.

Those not qualified to make those decisions? They did something else.

Something which will now blow up in their faces, and the face of the man who signed off on all of it.

robbieruff

Reaction score
I am not an attorney, nor do I fully understand the in's and out's of the CBA -- so, take my view as simply that, a layman's opinion. For me, taking the 2 game suspension is tantamount to admitting I am guilty, and for that reason, I would be inclined to fight this in whatever avenue is available. This has the look and feel of a landmark case that could weigh heavily in the next round of CBA negotiations.
I think we unfortunately have our answer from last year's precedent. Brady swore he would take his case all the way to Supreme Court if necessary. Things looked good for him after he won first foray in legal battle with judge siding with his core arguments (Godell abuse of power, procedural missteps, process problems, etc.). League appeals and appeal judge says that hands are tied cuz players (via incompetent NFLPA) signed current CBA and its language granting commish unchecked powers to discipline. Brady says he does want to creat a distraction and accepts punishment which Pats parlay into a chip on their shoulder SB ring. Karma!

Players accepted that CBA language at the time as a deal with the devil for less strenuous camps and practices (to "limit wear and tear and injuries"...how's that working out btw???). The legal aspects of this seem quite clear: commish has power to discipline as he sees fit and Zeke has given them some broad opportunities due to other off field BS...in other words, they can make this suspension about anything they want to a certain extent without any due process...thus the recent threats of how the bar fight incident didn't factor into this disciplinary decision and that the league has more bullets in its chamber if needed...so play nice Zeke!!!

That stated, I think Zeke's best bet is to stir so much crap up about the shady nature of his accuser and her not so clandestine "agenda" of blackmail and scorn-driven vendettas that the court of public opinion sways the league office. Moreover, if Jerry does get involved legally he could have his resources tie this up in courts for years with one damning revelation about the league office and its questionable practices and abuses of power...on and on. Shoot, Zeke may be on his 3rd contract by the time this case gets resolved. Lol. By then, taking six games off might be required veteran rest! ;) okay...I know getting a little cheeky with that last comment.

Gonna be interesting to watch how this unfolds.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So her word is out the window then.

So all that is left is the non-circumstantial evidence to go on.

Anyone seen any of that yet?
:huh:
Not me.
Then again, I suspect we're only aware of a small fraction of the "evidence"

Meanwhile:popcorn:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Yeah....its just where we are at. They both made huge mistakes being with each other to begin with. They were attracted to each other so it wouldn't shock me if they both are scum. All this stuff does is prove she's not credible and she's a piece of crap. But you can argue that there is just as much evidence out there to prove that Zeke is too........

And for that.......I disagree with the decision to give him 6 games. Its he said/she said and I don't trust anyone in this case. But they decided to trust her and not Zeke.....that's the one aspect I don't understand.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
There's sworn statement about a fist fight with another girl which could have caused some bruising.

I believe that's Zeke's and his lawyers contention, the maybe defense, maybe she ran into a table, maybe she fell down some stairs, maybe she got into a bar fight....

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
The four people aren't that independent.

There are conflicts I can find with three of them, but despite that why are these people even qualified to make a judgment? Peter Harvey is probably the most qualified, but he was a prosecutor so is predisposed to looking for a guilty verdict. Houston has no qualifications what so ever that I can see. Tonya Lovelace would have such an implicit bias that she should have never been on the panel. Mary Jo, was an attorney dealing with Wall Street so I see no expertise in criminal violence cases.

Peter Harvey, a former attorney general for New Jersey (living in a Division rival state) former prosecutor, so predisposed to try and convict (they should have had a defense attorney to balance him out)

Kenneth Houston, former player for Division Rival Commanders

Tonya Lovelace, CEO of the Women of Color Network, Inc (obvious bias exist since she work for a woman's group)

Mary Jo White, former U.S Attorney dealing with SEC. No real conflict.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Yes there were four people that reviewed the evidence. Were they given all the evidence? Was the information stacked in a particular fashion that lead them to believe a certain way? What were their instructions on how to review the evidence before them?

Obviously we do not know the answers which means no way to know if there was an agenda driven by the NFL to find Zeke guilty.

What we do know the NFL operates in a vacuum, is not forth coming with information and are very inconsistent. And have appeared to be agenda driven.

links18

Reaction score
If this was being tried in criminal or civil court, the charges would most likely be dismissed. The "extortion" texts, coupled with the earlier texts from Tiffany threatening to ruin Zeke, paint a pretty compelling argument of a woman scorned. Again, it doesn't mean he didn't commit DV. Unfortunately, this isn't being handled in criminal or civil court, but by the NFL and the "protect the brand" CBA language. I don't condone Zeke's off-field behavior in any fashion and believe there is something to these charges. That said, if I am Zeke, I am relentlessly going after Goodell and the NFL.

They wouldn't be dismissed. On what grounds? The trier of fact is free to believe what they want. This is powerful evidence putting her claims in doubt, but the judge or jury are free to decide that other evidence overrides it. And apparently, this is what the NFL did. Of course, the fact that the NFL has an interest in looking like it is tough on DV will likely color how it evaluates evidence and therein lies the problem.....

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Yeah....its just where we are at. They both made huge mistakes being with each other to begin with. They were attracted to each other so it wouldn't shock me if they both are scum. All this stuff does is prove she's not credible and she's a piece of crap. But you can argue that there is just as much evidence out there to prove that Zeke is too........

And for that.......I disagree with the decision to give him 6 games. Its he said/she said and I don't trust anyone in this case. But they decided to trust her and not Zeke.....that's the one aspect I don't understand.

I agree, both are at fault and both seem to have serious issues......right now the Zeke camp is going with the character assassination defense which was expected, I don't know what the league has but apparently they have all this information that Zeke's camp is throwing out.....We'll have to wait to see what exactly the league has and how 4 separate people that looked at all this information concluded unanimously that her injuries were indicative of abuse...

Status
Not open for further replies.