News: Ex-Cowboys say Bears less Hollywood than Cowboys

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By Michael C. Wright | ESPNChicago.com

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- While complimentary overall of the Dallas Cowboys, three former members of that organization now with the Chicago Bears considered the atmosphere there "Hollywood" compared to their current locale.

Asked about the biggest difference between the Bears and Cowboys, Ratliff didn't hesitate.
"Football, first-class organization," he said of the Bears. "Just to put it bluntly, and it's not a shot -- if they take it like that, so be it. Here, it is all about football. You can really just focus on your craft. Focus on what it is you do. And no matter what's going on, you never forget what you're here for. That's a good thing."

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/10085780/ex-dallas-cowboys-say-chicago-bears-less-hollywood

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
As for the differences between the Bears and Cowboys organizations, DeCamillis said "there, it's a lot different from the standpoint of just the things that go on. It's a little bit more like Hollywood, and here it's a little bit more, probably a little tamer. But they're both great organizations, and both have had a lot of storied tradition and championships. That's the main thing."

WPBCowboysFan;116781 said:
This is the only meaningful thing in that whole article. The rest is just
stirthepot.gif
s0901.gif
and is fit to have the lever pulled on it.
pain-smiley-face.gif

Doomsay

Reaction score
Measured responses by all of them actually, despite the stupid headline. Marty B is our biggest concern of the three IMO.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Measured responses by all of them actually, despite the stupid headline. Marty B is our biggest concern of the three IMO.

Haven't we heard this before the last few years about the country club/Hollywood atmosphere at Valley Ranch? It might be overblown but since it crops up now and then maybe there is a smidgeon of truth in it.

remdak

Reaction score
Is there anybody on this forum who disagrees with the headline? It's the truth, no matter whether you think it affects the teams performance or not.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Jerry likes the Cowboys being thought of as Hollywood I bet.

That kind of stuff is right up his alley.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Haven't we heard this before the last few years about the country club/Hollywood atmosphere at Valley Ranch? It might be overblown but since it crops up now and then maybe there is a smidgeon of truth in it.

Oh, I don't think its in doubt. It's always been big. Everything in TX is big. :)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I missed that.

NFL.com's Albert Breer asked James, who spent nine years in Dallas, what the difference is between playing for the Texans and playing for the Cowboys.

"It's the organization as a whole, and that starts with (Texans owner) Bob McNair and his approach," James said Wednesday in Detroit. "He's not on TV every week. I mean, it is what it is. He's around, and it starts with that guy. With the owner, that trickles down to everyone, from the players to the equipment manager. You really gotta see it to believe it."

DragonCowboy

Reaction score

I didn't see that before, I think. That's definitely scary and doesn't bode well for this team. I gotta say though I don't buy anything Ratliff says about focusing on football. The guy clearly milked it just to stick it to Jerry.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
No doubt about it.

But we all know this is true. Bradie said almost the exact same thing last year.

Of course it's true.

The pressure to succeed in Dallas is different than in Chicago..sorry.

And not everybody is going to succeed under those spotlights.

Many times I think this team would play better if it didn't always have to look over its shoulder at the Aikman/Smith/Irvin era.

brymatt94

Reaction score
Hasn't "Hollywood" always been connected to this organization though? Its not a recent development.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score

The stuff about Jerry was funny. He's really happy when his ugly mug is on TV.