Twitter: Ex GM Lombardi: Tua failed 2 teams physical

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yes because I want upside..

I’d rather take a risk then go with Dak and get a non difference maker.

This team has played it safe for a long time now and have nothing to show for it.
Non difference maker with the second most wins since coming into the league. Yeah he sucks

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Non difference maker with the second most wins since coming into the league. Yeah he sucks

Yeah I got to watch the games though and I don’t make a lazy statement like he has won the most games when he was playing in a way that was conservative.

If you want to be lazy and generalize and brag about stats that were padded against the worst teams in football then go ahead..

4 years and Dak has 1 playoff win.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah I got to watch the games though and I don’t make a lazy statement like he has won the most games when he was playing in a way that was conservative.

If you want to be lazy and generalize and brag about stats that were padded against the worst teams in football then go ahead..

4 years and Dak has 1 playoff win.
So he’s one away from Romo in a quarter of the time. Cool.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So he’s one away from Romo in a quarter of the time. Cool.

Yeah but Romo is a superior player and lifted the team while Dak just tries not to lose games for the team and can’t elevate guys around him.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Not if you believe Dak is your quarterback. The Cowboys supposedly will make him the highest paid player in the NFL. Dak is 27, Tua will not be needed. Especially if he is damaged goods. That hip injury is frightening.
Do they believe that? We've been hearing for a long time they are soooo close on a contract yet nothing has happened. Maybe they are waiting until after the draft to see what happens...

garyv

Reaction score
Well! ........now what (LOL)

http://theredzone.org/Blog-Descript...ovailoa-fails-two-teams--physicals--ex-GM-Lom

Tua Tagovailoa fails two teams' physicals, ex-GM Lombardi says
Apr
4/9/2020 7:07:57 AM
|More

Former GM and NFL analyst Michael Lombardi says two teams have told him that Tua Tagovailoa failed their pre-draft physicals, Hal Habib of the Palm Beach Post reports.

In what could either be prophetic or a smokescreen, former NFL general manager Michael Lombardi said on his podcast that two teams have flunked former Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa in their pre-draft physicals.

Cooper Rush said it's a false rumor

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Do they believe that? We've been hearing for a long time they are soooo close on a contract yet nothing has happened. Maybe they are waiting until after the draft to see what happens...
Like I said before if Tua is there at 17. This board will explode. I actually want it to happen. This Coronavirus has me sitting at home bored. :D:eek::omg:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Let me guess...New England..and Cleveland...maybe Miami. All of them praying a QB falls. Must still be on the pay roll. :popcorn:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ouch this is kind of not what you want to hear when you draft your QB.

“And he’s brittle,” Lombardi continued. “You can’t deny it. You can’t deny it.”

More from the Article:

Beyond his well chronicled hip injury.

Here are the previously reported and undisputed injuries, according to Forbes:

— Broken left index finger (March 2018; no games missed)

— Sprained right knee (October 2018; no games missed)

— Left high ankle sprain (December 2018; surgery; no games missed)

— Right high ankle sprain (October 2019; surgery; 1 game missed)

— Dislocated right hip with posterior acetabular wall fracture (November 2019; surgery; missed final 3.5 games)

But Mike Lombardi, who worked for the San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Oakland Raiders, Cleveland Browns and New England Patriots front offices and is plugged in among some scouts and personnel departments, recently unloaded on Tagovailoa’s injury history and reported previously unknown information about multiple broken wrists.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...injury-failed-physical/ar-BB12m0Df?li=BBnbfcL
And yet with all of these injuries proving Tua is one very brittle over-rated QB, many here want him?

Unbelievable.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah but Romo is a superior player and lifted the team while Dak just tries not to lose games for the team and can’t elevate guys around him.
What has Romo won again? Nothing? You are correct.

Gaede

Reaction score
So crazy how much 'new' information comes out two weeks before the draft