Video: Ex-NFL Player Reaction: Is it right move for Dak to play out his contract?

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Notice all the Ex-WRs are the ones most adamant about keeping a decent QB?

Can tell who is impacted the most. Keyshawn thinking about the Quincy Carter years when he answers this question. LOL
And this is why I pound the drum around here about how stupid the rigid approach of "Win a Super Bowl or pack your bags" stance is around here...

Your post highlights one of the main points that CONVENINETLY gets side-stepped around here...

Real GM's with REAL jobs on the line dont take trailblazer risks like letting a decent QB go because they lose their job AND they lose the locker room.

Speaking of CONVENIENT...seems convenient that Lamb mysteriously got into a spat on the field with the QB in a playoff game. Seems like a set up so posters can say the WR group isnt going to complain if you let Dak go. Seems so designed.

But yeah...main point is...real GM's dont make crazy moves because they could lose the locker room AND their job. My guess is everyone on the team believes in Dak and wouldnt want to risk their career while the team looks for a Brady/Mahommes.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's right. It isn't so And I never said anything like that. That's one of the problems on this board is people make up stuff to object to and mucks everything up.

But anyway...since it is a dak thread, I will clarify my position on Dak and QB game. The defense got ran over hard. The offense didn't do ANYTHING for almost 3 qtrs.

Dak singlehandedly giving green bay 14 pts in the 1st half...finishes off the annihilation. That just can;t happen from the superstar QB "MVP" runner up 30 million dollar man.

It's my opinion he lost his cool when CD had a fit...tried to force it to him. Shows a HUGE fault in his game, not sure can be fixed.
1 pick six. Not responsible for 2 TD's.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
LOL..

the point is, you were claiming that the teams Dak has played on are anything like the teams Chad played on and the problem was we 2”were just trying to find the QB. Why did you do this? To elevate Dak.. This ain’t that era buddy and Dak walked into a SB-ready roster.

To summarize. What I said is Dak would have essentially been like Chad Hutchinson in that era, why:

The players surrounding Chad were trash. The whole franchise was in disarray and in a massive rebuild and it was still the 2002 DB rules.

Dak without Zeke during his suspension with the same amount of years as Chad, who took time off for baseball, was straight garbage. He was also straight garbage without Cooper and was setting Quincy Carter records of futility without him. These are basic facts.
Plus, they weren’t running an offense that would even cater to Dak’s skills-set, they were running traditional drop backs from under center.

Put Dak in the same context, he’d suck. He has NEVER operated on a team like that era of football, when Dallas was starting guys like Henson and Carter.
No I actually wasn’t, I was actually speaking on how hard it was for the cowboys to find capable quarterbacks for a long period of time and how it’s been a long time between dak and Romo, nearly 2 decades that the team has had to search for the next guy. You being absolutely obsessed with anything Prescott ( and not an insult but it’s borderline weird) made it all about dak and his talent or lack thereof.

And I’m not sure why you keep lumping me in with someone who props dak up, I’ve said I’m fine with the franchise moving on from him countless times, I’ve also said numerous times that he sucked when he’s played like it. I’m even keel on dak, praise when it’s due and criticism when it due. Fair.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I want Dak off the team. I refuse to cheer for him. He won't get us to the Superbowl. So its just get rid of him and start clean.

This is Jerry's fault. He is so clueless on how to build a winning team. I do think they will cave in and sign Dak eventually to being the highest paid QB. That's because Jerry and son won't know what to do with all that cap space.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tom Brady threw 3 interceptions in a playoff game. FOUR different times. I suppose at some point you would have cut him.
Depends on how many playoff games, and how many of those ints resulted in TDs.

I'm reporting you for stat abuse.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I remember that press conference and I did glean a ton of football wisdom from the carpetbagger.

And yet...he's wrong. He's always had questionable taste in QBs - his weak spot IMO - and over-indexed on intangibles over talent. So I think he's wrong.
Parcells QB philosophy was based around playing in the NorthEast winters in a different era when you could clothesline dudes.
He is also the guy who promoted Tony Romo. --tho yes at the advice of the QB Coach.

When anyone on this board thinks they know more football than Parcells they need to visit a therapist.

Flamma

Reaction score
You’ll care how long it takes to find another capable QB after a number of bad seasons. A lot of fans will appreciate what we had in Dak when they experience what could be year after year of futility. The Jets haven’t had a viable QB since Joe Namath. KC went almost 50 years trying to replace Len Dawson. Washington has been struggling for years trying to find a franchise QB. Glad some of you don’t run the team.
I can't speak for anyone else. If I don't think our team can win a championship, I don't care if we're 12-5 or 5-12. My expectations go beyond the regular season. Clearly we're not set up to win. If nothing changes except the QB, then we'll probably see the same results with better draft picks.

khiladi

Reaction score
No I actually wasn’t, I was actually speaking on how hard it was for the cowboys to find capable quarterbacks for a long period of time and how it’s been a long time between dak and Romo, nearly 2 decades that the team has had to search for the next guy. You being absolutely obsessed with anything Prescott ( and not an insult but it’s borderline weird) made it all about dak and his talent or lack thereof.

And I’m not sure why you keep lumping me in with someone who props dak up, I’ve said I’m fine with the franchise moving on from him countless times, I’ve also said numerous times that he sucked when he’s played like it. I’m even keel on dak, praise when it’s due and criticism when it due. Fair.
So we should go by the example of a franchise in complete disarray at the time Chad Hutchinson was drafted? How many QBs have gotten past the divisional round of the playoffs in the last 20 years, meaning farther than Dak in less tries?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can't speak for anyone else. If I don't think our team can win a championship, I don't care if we're 12-5 or 5-12. My expectations go beyond the regular season. Clearly we're not set up to win. If nothing changes except the QB, then we'll probably see the same results with better draft picks.
I don’t care to be 5-12. It may not bother you and some other fans but it would bother me. You have no chance at 5-12. You’re hopeless.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Parcells QB philosophy was based around playing in the NorthEast winters in a different era when you could clothesline dudes.
He is also the guy who promoted Tony Romo. --tho yes at the advice of the QB Coach.

When anyone on this board thinks they know more football than Parcells they need to visit a therapist.
You need therapy for being so reflexively servile that you expect others to behave as obsequiously.

Name the great QB Parcells drafted or groomed? I can review Parcells QB selections from Phil Simms to Hostetler to Bledsoe to Romo without ad hominem. Can you? Doubtful.

Now...try not to be lame and worship at Parcells' alter...and give me a reply that is on subject.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
So we should go by the example of a franchise in complete disarray at the time Chad Hutchinson was drafted? How many QBs have gotten past the divisional round of the playoffs in the last 20 years, meaning farther than Dak in less tries?
You are free to go by whatever example that fits your reality, I’m going by the franchises actual history the last time they had to search for a franchise quarterback. We got incredibly lucky we found Romo and just as lucky lightning struck again with dak. There are teams who go decades searching for quarterbacks.

You speak of a franchise in complete disarray as if this current regime isn’t the same one that was in power back then, granted a much better place now than then but certainly not above being right back into that same spot. Now all that said I’m fine moving on from dak as I’ve now said plenty of times.

There’s just not a world where any serious football person says that dak is the same talent wise as a chad Hutchinson.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's right...1 P6. What happened with the other interception? Give starting yard marker and result please.

(Yes sir..I know.... Dak doesn't play defense.)
The result, was the same as the other 6 TD's the defense gave up.

Must have been Dak's fault we lost the coin flip to start the game. So you might as well count the first TD as well.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

Must have been Dak's fault we lost the coin flip to start the game. So you might as well count the first TD as well.
Don't you ever get tired of coming up with excuses for Dak? He was absolutely awful that game. Yes, the defense was bad, but Dak did absolutely nothing to help the team stay in the game or allow the defense to clamp down.

- Punt
- Interception
- Punt
- Interception (Pick 6)

There's your offensive possessions before the game is already out of hand 27-0.

It's clear, the entire team has to help carry Dak. If he is expected to put the team on his shoulders and keep them in a game, he folds. This is who you want to pay $60 million?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Don't you ever get tired of coming up with excuses for Dak? He was absolutely awful that game. Yes, the defense was bad, but Dak did absolutely nothing to help the team stay in the game or allow the defense to clamp down.

- Punt
- Interception
- Punt
- Interception (Pick 6)

There's your offensive possessions before the game is already out of hand 27-0.

It's clear, the entire team has to help carry Dak. If he is expected to put the team on his shoulders and keep them in a game, he folds. This is who you want to pay $60 million?
Yet Jerry insists on keeping him. I suppose that’s Dak’s fault, like every other problem the Cowboys have.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If you give up the ball close to their endzone...it makes it easier for them to score.

The fact that I have to explain it to you...while you and yer "bud" clamor for respect...I mean really....do you HATE people THAT BAD?

The first one was a STUPID DUMB ASH pick six that should NEVER have been thrown by a QB you (and yer "bud") SAY is a real "leader".

The 2nd was ALSO a throw that should never have been made...not an instant pick 6 but an EASY score by opposing offense.

YOU...and yer "bud"....claim to be militarily where details MATTER. Where people that screw up effect the whole team.

Yet you give Dak so much lee way...that I'd say you are bots or trolls or duplicate accounts.
You...6 AND port...think people are stupid. We are not.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet Jerry insists on keeping him. I suppose that’s Dak’s fault, like every other problem the Cowboys have.
Please ....name names of people that said "every problem is dak's fault".

You can PM me if you are afraid.

Come on bro you can do it....tell me who said "EVERY PROBLEM IS DAK"S FAULT"

PM me...I won't rat you out.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
You need therapy for being so reflexively servile that you expect others to behave as obsequiously.

Name the great QB Parcells drafted or groomed? I can review Parcells QB selections from Phil Simms to Hostetler to Bledsoe to Romo without ad hominem. Can you? Doubtful.

Now...try not to be lame and worship at Parcells' alter...and give me a reply that is on subject.
Notice how no one engages with me on the issue of losing the locker room or wasting other star players careers looking for a QB.

These are things legit GM's have to deal with.

All the talk of "we could have had the same results(not winning a SB) if we had a guy on a rookie deal" isnt how this works in real life(assuming this is real).

No one wants to talk about those two very real issues the real GM's have to deal with.

Then add into it that all the same negative posters focus on team stats to define a player and hate on them...real GM's couldnt do that.

Dak's salary demands are frustrating...but every team has the same issue if they want a good vet QB and all teams have the same math tricks.

Personally...I only let Dak go if he and his agent are being selfish. Im not low balling him, though. The talk about cut vet QB's for rookies is just ingredients for losing a locker room unless everyone inside the locker room thinks the player has glaring issues. I dont think Dak's "yips" are real but more designed and I dont think Dak's lack of reading defenses is as bad as is suggested.

Maybe Kurt Warner or some other QB scout needs to break down every single Dak Playoff game and tell us how slow he was or what bad decisions he made routinely. I will take Dak's reg season stats and low turnovers and ask the other facets of the team, including coaching, to pull some weight....while also hoping Dak is reasonable in contract negotiations.

Im all for moving on from Dak if consultants, scouts and coaches say he has flaws and he and his agent are being unreasonable.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Please ....name names of people that said "every problem is dak's fault".

You can PM me if you are afraid.

Come on bro you can do it....tell me who said "EVERY PROBLEM IS DAK"S FAULT"

PM me...I won't rat you out.
There is a consensus here that Dak is a problem. No member of the Dallas Cowboys in the last three seasons performed at their position as well as Dak Prescott performed at his. The Dallas Cowboys problem is a poor FO, a lousy coaching staff, and 52 guys who stink compared to Dak Prescott. Dak Prescott is the only player that keeps the Cowboys relevant and idiot fans want him gone. Some suggest making Trey Lance QB1. Great idea. Let’s see how that goes. I’m all in for that.