Extend Parsons tomorrow

Cmac

Reaction score
I agree on the dollar figures. But let’s be real. Micah is getting paid as a pass rusher and will be the highest paid defensive player when he does eventually get a new contract.
.....and the board will turn on him as soon as he gets his money. Wait for it. Just wait for it.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
I would like to see the stats on if any superbowl winners have had the highest paid player at a position on their roster when they won a SB. Talking about impactful positions, not punter.

There is definitely a sweet spot there in being able to spread around the money.

One reason I was massively against Dak and Zeke's contracts.

phildadon86

Reaction score
10 years, $250 million fully guaranteed, incentives to make more. Thoughts?
Parsons isnt signing a new deal anytime soon. First of all he cant. Second of all he knows that the cap is going to skyrocket in the coming years and he will probably have a DPOY under his belt as well. He is going to play his way into the highest defensive player contract in the history of the NFL and he knows it.

It doesnt make sense for him to sign anytime soon.

blueblood70

Reaction score
10 years, $250 million fully guaranteed, incentives to make more. Thoughts?
NO way on 5 yr rookie deal its not even possible league riles after 3 years but why lets see what he does going further, we will have room most likely zekes cut and we have cap room so we will see but im not on board on 5yr player to go after yr 3..

but Kudos for spending Jerrys money, lol

tromofan

Reaction score
Do whatever you have to JJ. This is a generational player. The more you wait, the more he commands.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It would take the Pat Mahomes deal to extend Micah.

I don't see them doing anything for 2 years.
But when he is extended he will be the highest paid defender in football.

shabazz

Reaction score
.....and the board will turn on him as soon as he gets his money. Wait for it. Just wait for it.

disagree. If he gets paid and starts mailing in his effort THEN they will turn on him. He seems to have too much character and pride from what we’ve seen and heard so far.

Demarcus Lawrence did exactly that and the fans rightfully reacted.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Like Denim said you can’t extend him yet.

But this gets asked time and time again and im going to ask the same question. What incentive is there for him to sit early? The longer he waits the more he gets paid.
And the more he plays the more injury prone he becomes. Got to be smart with Micah's next contract and weigh all the pro's and con's before putting ink to paper.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Yep he’ll break the bank when it comes his time...just probably not for this team

Cmac

Reaction score
disagree. If he gets paid and starts mailing in his effort THEN they will turn on him. He seems to have too much character and pride from what we’ve seen and heard so far.

Demarcus Lawrence did exactly that and the fans rightfully reacted.
You musk know the guys personally or are you watching just like most of us?

shabazz

Reaction score
You musk know the guys personally or are you watching just like most of us?

I don’t have to know somebody personally to hear the words they have spoken and understand what motivates them and to see how a player has performed AFTER a new fat contract.

I assume you must have voted for a candidate without knowing them personally but doing so based on the words they have spoken and the actions they have taken….see how that works?