Twitter: Extension Elliott looking for would exceed Gurley's 4yr $57.5 million deal

NotForLong

Reaction score
So no credit to Dak and Romo would have got us a Super Bowl. Gotchya :rolleyes:
No . . . Here's an Honest Question . . . Is it mandatory that you have to wear a safety helmet to keep from hurting yourself?

Ill put it this way . . . The Oline and Zeke took the league by storm . . . so much so that Flawed QB Dak excelled. . . Romo would have Dominated.

Because based on experience alone. (Audiables & Reading Defenses) that's not even mentioning Actually QB skillz.

Ill sum it up like this.

Romo is Quoted as saying even when Dez is covered he's open . . . The Rookie Dak was unaware of this

rynochop

Reaction score
I'm sure they will have a lot of clauses for his possible/probable? off field issues.

I'm for extending him four years, there's plenty of cap space, and space that they can create

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Remember he was apparently a Quincy supporter as well. If not then a reminder how awful that era was. Sounds fishy to me :)

th

Wrong, but what's new?
:facepalm:

aria

Reaction score
No . . . Here's an Honest Question . . . Is it mandatory that you have to wear a safety helmet to keep from hurting yourself?

Ill put it this way . . . The Oline and Zeke took the league by storm . . . so much so that Flawed QB Dak excelled. . . Romo would have Dominated.

Because based on experience alone. (Audiables & Reading Defenses) that's not even mentioning Actually QB skillz.

Ill sum it up like this.

Romo is Quoted as saying even when Dez is covered he's open . . . The Rookie Dak was unaware of this
You have ZERO idea of how we would have done with Romo, it’s all hypothetical. If you want to get real, you should acknowledge that fragile Romo would have most likely never even made it half way through the season.

Or I can play your game and say “there’s no way Romo would have made it through the season”.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I’m not reading all your posts, nor do I care to, the post I referenced was in this thread in which you said Zeke deserves all the credit and you made zero mention of the O line until I brought it up.
?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So they already know all about Moore’s plans, very impressive! If this offense still runs through Zeke with little change, which is what the article implies, then why should we pay a RB that much money only to be ranked in the bottom half of the league offensively?
Bottom of league offensively?
You mean leagues leading rusher or 4th ranked rushing offense?

You must be talking about our 15th ranked QB and 22nd ranked passing offense ?

NotForLong

Reaction score
You have ZERO idea of how we would have done with Romo, it’s all hypothetical. If you want to get real, you should acknowledge that fragile Romo would have most likely never even made it half way through the season.
You have Zero idea that would have happened its all hypothetical.

See how that works.

If you can't honestly say that 2016 team would have been better with Romo . . . then you are just being difficult for no reason.

Its simple Math. Add a Superior talent = Better Team

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Zeke, how about you act like an adult off the field, and honor your contact on the field.

Little Jr

Reaction score
"This statistical model IS NOT A PREDICTION, IT WAS AN OUTPUT AS RESULTS. It's not predicting what will happen in 2018, IT ALREADY HAPPENED"

Hilarious. EPA - EXPECTED points added. Statistical models ARE PREDICTION MODELS that attempt to fit actual outcomes based on complete data. That's what statistical modelling is. You suggest is it correct because you have "results" - that's just plain ignorance to statistical modelling.

More generally, you need to compare statistical models to reality.

Is Cole Beasley more valuable to the team than Ezekiel Elliot? Any reasonable person knows the answer to this question.

Finally, I'll note that Elliott's value is far more than the #s he puts up. How'd it go for Bease when Elliot was suspended? 12 catches for 137 yards with 0 TDs. That's some value!!!!
With Zeke Beasley avg 2.6 rec for 19.6 yds a game. Without Zeke he avg 2 rec for 22.8 yds a game. Bad example to prove a point.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Does he want to be paid huge money? Of course he does.

Is he probably the best RB in the NFL? Yes, he is.

Should we give him all that lovely money? No, we should not.

A QB is more than half your offense so if you get an above average one you have to pay them the farm. A RB has a short lifespan at the top of their game and have much less impact anyway.

No...a QB is not more than half your offense. He has probably the biggest impact (on average) more than half of the plays, but he is still one of 11. Each of the offensive lineman have an impact nearly 100% of offensive plays. Receivers and TE's have an impact way more than 50% of the plays (routes, blocking, shifting, and rarely running). The RBs have a huge impact more than 50% of the plays (running, receiving, blocking).

LittleD

Reaction score
1. Where was 2010 mentioned?
2. I was commenting on the rise of QB contracts that has been going on for about a decade now which caused every QB deal signed moving forward to be franchise breaking deals.
3. When you say Romo forced Franchise record extensions he was simply asking for market value for a QB. He took less total salary than Joe Flacco. On the same token, do you also think Prescott is forcing the Cowboys for a Franchise record extensions or is merely asking what the market is dictating for a starting QB?
4. I'm not comparing salaries in that one should be paid less cause of a contract signed years ago. Merely was talking about the rise in QB contracts that made every new contract given to a QB a new record due to every team handing out the next biggest deal like it was candy corn.
5. Dak, when he re-signs will be given a Franchise record extension not only for the QB spot, but the highest paid player in franchise history. Did he force the Cowboys to do that? Hell, even if he took a super discount at 25mil per, it still would be a Franchise record extension. Is he a fool too to be asking for top QB pay?

Even with DeMarco, he wanted to get paid, and there's nothing wrong with that. But when a team hands you an insulting offer, after you were a huge catalyst in why the team won as many games, I don't blame him for bouncing.

Zeke is close to being in the same boat. He plays a large part in this offense, and well wants to get paid what the market is now dictating for elite RB's. Now of course he isn't an UFA now, but extending him early can provide cap benefits in terms of spreading out the bonuses.
Hell, the #2 in charge even stated Zeke would get paid more than Gurley, so I'm sure his demands aren't out of the blue for the team. The only disruption for the team was that they wanted to get to Daks and Coopers deals first since they only have 1 year left till they are UFAs.

Only for injury for 2020. If he blows out his ACL next week, but is cleared before March of 2020, they can cut him without any cap hit or guarantees.

If he decides to sit out and not play, I wouldn't pay him anyway. He's an infantile headcase.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not anything he wants. Why frame someone elses position in a way that is so divisive?
Pay him like the best RB in the league if the team believes he is.

Now is when he has the most leverage.
Doesn't mean he has absolute power but in the current CBA this is as good of a time as any from a leverage perspective. Right before camp when its hardest to replace him.

Because the collective agreement said you can keep guys around on the rookie scale for 5 years. Why would anyone lose that kind of cheap pay? We burned the 4th pick in the draft in order to have that ability. Outside the 1st round is only 4 years.

Those are the rules, that is the agreement he signed. Maybe he gets testy with one year left, but two is ridiculous.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You have Zero idea that would have happened its all hypothetical.

See how that works.

If you can't honestly say that 2016 team would have been better with Romo . . . then you are just being difficult for no reason.

Its simple Math. Add a Superior talent = Better Team
What would have been better maybe 14-2 instead of 13-3. Still would have gotten knocked out by the packers. And how do I know this. Romo has never thrown for 300 yards in a playoff game. Dak did. Result would have been the same. Move along it's over. Romo had 3 great chances in 06, 07, and 14, he still didn't capitalize I don't know why you would think 2016 would have been any different.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Pay the man. Give him a 4 year deal with 2 guaranteed. Pay him more than gurley with an off the field clause in the contract. Let's go already he's led the league in rushing 2 out of 3 and would have been all 3 years but the suspension killed it.

aria

Reaction score
Bottom of league offensively?
You mean leagues leading rusher or 4th ranked rushing offense?

You must be talking about our 15th ranked QB and 22nd ranked passing offense ?
Overall offense bottom half of the league.

Leading rusher due to most carries which is even more reason for concern as far as longevity goes.

As far as passing goes, we didn’t have Coop for the first 3rd of the season and we sure as hell didn’t have a competent OC which is why we had to rely so heavily on Zeke.