Twitter: Extension Elliott looking for would exceed Gurley's 4yr $57.5 million deal

LittleD

Reaction score
Oh... well then. Ain't that grand?
Still don't have Beli, or Brady so... I guess I'll remain silly.

Yes, Jerry has saddled us again with the likes of Garrett and his unproven OC. More
ineptness on the horizon.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
$14 million per for one of the most dynamic offensive players in the league isn't unrealistic.

If the Cowboys didn't value the position enough to pay that they had no business picking him at #4.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Yeah... this is why I choose not to stress while all this is happening.
Nothing I can do about it.

Yep, we get so wrapped in crap we have no control over.

My opinion on this is you don't give him top dollar one to two years early. You are doing him a favor be redoing his deal early. You get him the average of the top 2-3 RB salaries right now with a significant guaranteed portion and if he isn't interested let him hold out or whatever he plans to do. When the money stops coming in it is a lot harder to play hardball.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

This guy is the most plugged in of any insider I've seen. 99% of the stuff he posts you can write in stone. I'm assuming the two he's referring to are Dak and Zeke, not Cooper.

A damn shame.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
That’s not how professional sports works. They aren’t slaves anymore. They can holdout for renegotiations..
Lets not use the word slaves in stories in NFL personnel stories.
A slave (anywhere) is not comparable to a pro athlete making millions yearly.
I know that is not in your heart, matey, but there are better nouns to use.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The statistical model does not match the actual outcomes.

Also, comparing pts per catch to run is just stupid.

"Also comparing pts per catch to run is just stupid"

The X axis clearly states how many plays were run meaning it was a total amount not a per catch or run amount. But you didn't know how to interpret the X axis, exactly like I said.

You're the liar.

Checkmate
There you go again. Lying and hoping people think you are right.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
"Also comparing pts per catch to run is just stupid"

The X axis clearly states how many plays were run meaning it was a total amount not a per catch or run amount.

Checkmate

Comparing points based on runs vs. catches is the issue. Receivers will nearly always be higher on that metric as they are getting the ball much farther from the LOS. It really is pretty simple. Too bad you are having such a hard time understanding it.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Comparing points based on runs vs. catches is the issue. Receivers will nearly always be higher on that metric as they are getting the ball much farther from the LOS. It really is pretty simple. Too bad you are having such a hard time understanding it.

Checkmate dude, just give up lmao. You've already dug yourself a deep enough hole.

Your reply has nothing to do with the conversation, which is to be expected with you.

The difference in depth of target should be made up with the volume of the league leader in carries by 15%.... it wasn't. Because why? Running backs don't matter!

cowboyec

Reaction score
media scouts ripped Dallas for drafting 2 RBs...maybe they knew this was coming.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lets not use the word slaves in stories in NFL personnel stories.
A slave (anywhere) is not comparable to a pro athlete making millions yearly.
I know that is not in your heart, matey, but there are better nouns to use.
Sorry but that’s how professional athletes were often referred to before Free Agency as a “ Slave of ownership “ as teams owned exclusive rights to them. No disrespect intended.

I was responding to a comment that the player was under contract and he should just shut up and play which sparked my comment.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I don’t really care about the amount. Zeke is probably worth what ever he’ll get, but given his past inconsistencies with conditioning, I just see this ending poorly

superonyx

Reaction score
No, you shouldn't violate either. But one is worse then the other. But nice try there.

And yah, if Zeke is trying to maximize his dollars, this is what he should do. If he is willing to hold out. RB's kinda get the short end of the stick based on their readiness as they come into the league and lack of longevity.

But as a business owner, you have to make decisions on where to save money and how to build your roster. From my seat, if you have the most expensive line in the NFL, then you don't pay the RB. RB's are cheaper, easier to find, and can be had in later rounds. You can also get great production out of a stable of a few backs. You also spread out the risk that way instead of putting all your eggs in one basket. IF he gets hurt, or if the idiot gets suspended then you are screwed.

See Zeke and see Gurley.

Top WR's are much harder to find and so are QB's. Gotta pinch somewhere.

This is why I was against using the 4th overall pick on a RB in the fist place. But if you ARE going to invest that kind of capital. Once in 10-15 year high pick...……………..then you better take advantage of that rookie cap for all 5 years.

If Zeke wants to pull a Leon Bell type move, then just trade him. You could get amazing value. I have no issue there. But I would not make him the highest paid back 3 years into a 5 year deal.

But I have a feeling that Jones will. So you "pay Zeke anything he wants" guys are probably going to get what they want.

On a side note, I also think we have the weapons the QB going forward to start really producing in the passing game. Time to begin the transition from a run first offense to more of a high octane passing attack. I would not become too pass happy at all, but I don't think you need a Zeke anymore. Perfect time to trade him.

Then there is the fact that is an immature, complete moron, not a leader type player. Cares only for himself. This would HIGHLY factor into my decision. Quite frankly, from a off the field angle, he doesn't deserve it.
There are no "pay Zeke anything he wants guys".
Why do you need to misstate others opinions in order to justify your own?
There are more "top" WR's in the league than RB's. I would rather give Zeke 16M per over some of the WR making this amount.....Like we offer Sammy Watkins..

If you think the defenses don't give extra attention and game plan to stop a guy like Zeke, or Barkley then your idea of a group of Jags will save you a couple of bucks. I believe my eyes, ears and mind and I know that a franchise level guy in a skill position changes the entire defense from the line to the secondary. Very few guys in the league are at the level you need to account for. Zeke is one of those guys. It goes beyond a stat sheet. This game is more complicated than chess. You have to account for the hurting a few guys can put on you on any given play.

They will sign him. They didn't commit the 4th overall pick to have him lead the league in rushing every year, and produce at a level he has just to watch him sit and end his career on another team. They don't want that kind of stink on this franchise.