Twitter: Extension Elliott looking for would exceed Gurley's 4yr $57.5 million deal

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Sign a contract and play it out. Tired of players holding teams hostage. You knew what was going on when you signed

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There are no "pay Zeke anything he wants guys".
Why do you need to misstate others opinions in order to justify your own?
There are more "top" WR's in the league than RB's. I would rather give Zeke 16M per over some of the WR making this amount.....Like we offer Sammy Watkins..

If you think the defenses don't give extra attention and game plan to stop a guy like Zeke, or Barkley then your idea of a group of Jags will save you a couple of bucks. I believe my eyes, ears and mind and I know that a franchise level guy in a skill position changes the entire defense from the line to the secondary. Very few guys in the league are at the level you need to account for. Zeke is one of those guys. It goes beyond a stat sheet. This game is more complicated than chess. You have to account for the hurting a few guys can put on you on any given play.

They will sign him. They didn't commit the 4th overall pick to have him lead the league in rushing every year, and produce at a level he has just to watch him sit and end his career on another team. They don't want that kind of stink on this franchise.

Nonsense....……...Im talking about legitimate #1 WR's. Teams lack them and they are more important to an offense.

RB's are as necessary, those just the facts. You see RB by committee all over the NFL working great.

Zeke wants to be the highest paid back in the NFL. Are you trying to say that's not "whatever he wants" when he wants it?

" a couple of jags to save a couple of bucs". LOL

Who is exaggerating now?

Zeke off the field has proven that he is ONE step away from 9 games or a year long suspension. Hes also a moron that doesn't get it. Funny how you Zeke guys never want to talk about that. For me, its a huge issue. If this guy was a stand up citizen, we probably aren't having this conversation.

Talk about winning the most carries title all you want, THIS WAS NOT a great season for Zeke. TD's way down, efficiency down, short yardage down. He was middle of the pack of that in efficiency.

Like ANY other back besides Barkley, this guy needs a top end Oline to be great. RB's simply are waste to pay huge money.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
D. Prescott (rusher)

lol
Dak passed for almost 3,900 with 22 TDs and only 8 INTs behind a porous makeshift Oline which allowed him to get sacked 56 times while surrounding him with no #1 WR talent the first half of the season and no #1 TE talent the whole season. Oh, and the Oline coach was replaced halfway through the season, as was the O-Coordinator by the end of the season. Yet, you're not impressed with Dak's performance considering the circumstances he had to deal with?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Foolish statement.

Stephen has already said they've budgeted for a Zeke extension. This is simply about the sides agreeing on numbers. Has nothing to do with your silly two years left theory.
Just watch and see who is the foolish one.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Sign a contract and play it out. Tired of players holding teams hostage. You knew what was going on when you signed
Too add to this his contract despite being 3 years old is top 3 in fully guranteed money and he even has next year protected for injury (he gets a season ending injury this year and his total is almost 35 million dollars while only playing 2 full NFL seasons.......).

superonyx

Reaction score
Nonsense....……...Im talking about legitimate #1 WR's. Teams lack them and they are more important to an offense.

RB's are as necessary, those just the facts. You see RB by committee all over the NFL working great.

Zeke wants to be the highest paid back in the NFL. Are you trying to say that's not "whatever he wants" when he wants it?

" a couple of jags to save a couple of bucs". LOL

Who is exaggerating now?

Zeke off the field has proven that he is ONE step away from 9 games or a year long suspension. Hes also a moron that doesn't get it. Funny how you Zeke guys never want to talk about that. For me, its a huge issue. If this guy was a stand up citizen, we probably aren't having this conversation.

Talk about winning the most carries title all you want, THIS WAS NOT a great season for Zeke. TD's way down, efficiency down, short yardage down. He was middle of the pack of that in efficiency.

Like ANY other back besides Barkley, this guy needs a top end Oline to be great. RB's simply are waste to pay huge money.
There are 20 ish WR's who are #1 WR level.
Name me 20 back close to Zeke?
Being the highest paid RB isnt whatever he wants. I'm sure he is wanting QB money. Thats giving him whatever he wants.

Yes you want a few JAG RB's. Maybe led by a bust like Tevin Coleman for $5M per season. You pretend you can just throw together a committee and non miss a beat.

You chose to ignore the reality that Zeke does something to a defense that jags like Coleman do not do. This is the part you and all the zeke haters just can't understand or choose to ignore because its uncomfortable.
Do a quick google search and watch all the defensive players and coaches on Cowboys week talk about how they need to gameplan to hold Zeke in check. There is enough interviews at this point where they all mention the same thing. Zeke is the guy they fear. You are not going to get this with your committee.

NotForLong

Reaction score
What would have been better maybe 14-2 instead of 13-3. Still would have gotten knocked out by the packers. And how do I know this. Romo has never thrown for 300 yards in a playoff game. Dak did. Result would have been the same. Move along it's over. Romo had 3 great chances in 06, 07, and 14, he still didn't capitalize I don't know why you would think 2016 would have been any different.

Let me see if I follow your Logic Tony would not have thrown for 300 yds (because he never did). . . Yet Dak an inconsistent rookie was able to because
There are 20 ish WR's who are #1 WR level.
Name me 20 back close to Zeke?
Being the highest paid RB isnt whatever he wants. I'm sure he is wanting QB money. Thats giving him whatever he wants.

Yes you want a few JAG RB's. Maybe led by a bust like Tevin Coleman for $5M per season. You pretend you can just throw together a committee and non miss a beat.

You chose to ignore the reality that Zeke does something to a defense that jags like Coleman do not do. This is the part you and all the zeke haters just can't understand or choose to ignore because its uncomfortable.
Do a quick google search and watch all the defensive players and coaches on Cowboys week talk about how they need to gameplan to hold Zeke in check. There is enough interviews at this point where they all mention the same thing. Zeke is the guy they fear. You are not going to get this with your committee.
Wow Superonyx dropping Super Knowledge

aria

Reaction score
Another RB by Committee?
Next year has a very deep draft at RB. Save the money and the HUGE headache of Zeke this year, pick up Ajayi and go RB by committee this year.

You saw how the Rams did with a journeyman RB when Gurley went down. With our O line and a competent OC, there’s no reason we should regress. I’m not saying he’s not the best option, he clearly is, but he’s not worth it IMO and no RB’s are, especially ones with character issues.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Checkmate dude, just give up lmao. You've already dug yourself a deep enough hole.

Your reply has nothing to do with the conversation, which is to be expected with you.

The difference in depth of target should be made up with the volume of the league leader in carries by 15%.... it wasn't. Because why? Running backs don't matter!

Go re-read my post showing how our O tanked during Zeke's suspension.

CWR

Reaction score
I wonder is Zeke got suspended for a couple games would he still be considering a hold out? Smh. He narrowly escapes yet again being disciplined by the league and just as Cowboy nation breathes a sigh of relief Zeke pulls this crap.

I wanted him in the draft and have been a fan since day one, but the constant stress he provides is exhausting.

I'd love to know what we could get in trade. Im not saying I'd pull the trigger but there is obviously an acceptable return.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Sorry but that’s how professional athletes were often referred to before Free Agency as a “ Slave of ownership “ as teams owned exclusive rights to them. No disrespect intended.

I was responding to a comment that the player was under contract and he should just shut up and play which sparked my comment.

Yes, but those who made references to slaves have no sense of proportion and no filter for hyperbole. Remember when the super rich and celebrated Prince labeled himself a slave? What a horrible mischaracterization.

And, its a given you meant no disrespect.
So let's talk football, good lad.