Twitter: Extension Elliott looking for would exceed Gurley's 4yr $57.5 million deal

superonyx

Reaction score
keep looking......he has to play this year or keep sitting....cowboys own him for 2 more years and literally nothing he can do about it....want to make some money? Come play, and then lets trade him end of year for a couple of 1sts and be done with it....
After he gets his new contract will you repeat this garbage next time a player holds out?
You won’t like it but the man will get a new contract.
This isn’t a surprise by Zeke and his agent. The FO new they were screwing with him when his side tried to get this done without missing any time. They may not of expected Zeke to sack up like he did.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak isn't too far behind.
I would 100% agree if Dak was sitting out and demanding top QB pay last year, Coach, like Zeke is doing this year. Dak is simply demanding market value while showing up to work while only under contract through this season. Zeke on the other hand is being super greedy demanding not only market value but overall top RB pay while still under contract for 2 years, especially when he knows that Amari, Jaylon, Byron and a few other key players also have their contracts due by the end of this season. Big difference in my book. Zeke is simply being super greedy.

If Zeke wants to hold out, let him but start looking to trade his rear end asap. Let's see how good he's going to have it playing for another team while running behind a lesser Oline and weapons around him. He for sure won't be as good and especially won't get the off-the-field fame and sponsor recognition he gets in Big D while wearing a star on his helmet.

aria

Reaction score
keep looking......he has to play this year or keep sitting....cowboys own him for 2 more years and literally nothing he can do about it....want to make some money? Come play, and then lets trade him end of year for a couple of 1sts and be done with it....
“A couple of firsts”? Lol, I know there’s a lot fo delusional fans but this is up there.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would 100% agree if Dak was sitting out and demanding top QB pay last year, Coach, like Zeke is doing this year. Dak is simply demanding market value while showing up to work while only under contract through this season. Zeke on the other hand is being super greedy demanding not only market value but overall top RB pay while still under contract for 2 years, especially when he knows that Amari, Jaylon, Byron and a few other key players also have their contracts due by the end of this season. Big difference in my book. Zeke is simply being super greedy.

If Zeke wants to hold out, let him but start looking to trade his rear end asap. Let's see how good he's going to have it playing for another team while running behind a lesser Oline and weapons around him. He for sure won't be as good and especially won't get the off-the-field fame and sponsor recognition he gets in Big D while wearing a star on his helmet.
I agree! Salud!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good luck trading a RB that wants top dollar in today's NFL. Going to take a team with a lot of wiggle room with their cap and looking to get up to the minimum salary level.

Even if he is the best RB, the need for that is limited with possible trade partners. Most wouldn't spend a 1st on a RB, let alone trade a 1sr for one.

khiladi

Reaction score
Zeke gave nothing vs the Rams in our biggest game. If he wants to be paid as the best rb, then show up. Emmitt always showed up in the playoffs vs tough defenses.

Dak couldn’t do jack squat outside of one scripted drive to begin the game, in which Zeke ran 4 out of the 6 times and Linehan got Cooper wide open in the slot and all Dak had to do was throw a basic slant. The next series, they threw it THREE times in dink
And dunks and ran it once. The next series Zeke runs five yards on a known running play and Dink and dunk Dak goes 0-2 trying to force the ball to Amari Cooper. The next series, Zeke touched the ball four times and got them into Rams territory, but slow anticipation Dak took an eight yard sack pushing them out of FG range. Zeke averaged 8 YPV on three carries and also caught a dump off he took 12 yards. The very next series to start the third, again three and out, with two of them Dak going 0-2.

The only time Dak moved the ball afterward was soft prevent defense and busted coverage , where the Rams were burning time off the clock. Blaming that on Zeke not running outside, especially considering how pass heavy Dallas went is a joke.

Dak getting paid over thirty million when he can’t even make defenses sit back in cover 2 zone is what’s a joke..

Last edited:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
LOL...….HIS ACTIONS killed it. Zeke just missed getting suspended again. Its clear the fool hasn't learned. He is more likely to get suspended again then to fulfill any kind of new contract. And the next suspension will be bigger.

You don't reward stupidity. Do you do that for your kids? They refuse to take out the trash and scream at their mother and you buy them a new car? Nonsense.

You just don't care because its not your money. Bottom line.
Its not your money either. Its about putting the best team on the field. Its a football team and grown men not raising children. Jimmy johnson said it best when his best players could do certain things because they were better and he is there to win.

aaev84

Reaction score
Where is Dak considered exactly among his position? You mean the guy who completed 70% of his passes with Cooper in the lineup, while playing behind a broken down OL that couldn't protect him.
Uh huh... Like I said where OBJECTIVELY is Dak compared to other Starting QBs in the NFL? Not subjective. Dak is somewhere between 10 and 20 among most analysts. How many QBs make 30M+?

LittleD

Reaction score
His money is.

That's not what he wants.

He wants 4 years + Bonus $$$.

The 2019/20 money is already gtd and will get rolled into the new bonus.

So it will be at least a 4 yr / 60-70 million deal.

35-40 will be bonus $$$.

Avg base will be at least 8-9 million per.

I'm sorry but, who the heck cares what he wants. He's under contract he signed and owes us and the team two years of service for that contract.
I would not even approach him about an extension until next summer and then think about trading him or cutting him after next season. You don't pay
RB's second contracts. You keep drafting new ones.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I'm sorry but, who the heck cares what he wants. He's under contract he signed and owes us and the team two years of service for that contract.
I would not even approach him about an extension until next summer and then think about trading him or cutting him after next season. You don't pay

I agree .

We need to keep Zeke the next two years and draft the next best thing from college .

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
and that's why he's holding out.

LittleD

Reaction score
and that's why he's holding out.

No worries...Let him sit. We have 3 other RB's on the team and there will be others who will be available before the 1st game. Someone will take the bit
and try and grab a starting gig. Zeke can sit on his couch for all I care and pay his fines and lose his game checks.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
No worries...Let him sit. We have 3 other RB's on the team and there will be others who will be available before the 1st game. Someone will take the bit
and try and grab a starting gig. Zeke can sit on his couch for all I care and pay his fines and lose his game checks.
and we can lose games while he does. But hey it's just one more wasted season. No worries.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Holding out with 2 years left doesn't make sense.

I think it has got to do more with the team , more than it has to do with the contract .

DuncanIso

Reaction score

The contract is signed by both parties.

Zekes money is still gtd for 2019 and 2020.

It just gets added to the new deal.