Twitter: Extension Elliott looking for would exceed Gurley's 4yr $57.5 million deal

Jipper

Reaction score
“A couple of firsts”? Lol, I know there’s a lot fo delusional fans but this is up there.

not really....if you get a team that has an extra first it could be feasible....guy has been on of the top 5 players in the NFL each of the last 3 years

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Its not your money either. Its about putting the best team on the field. Its a football team and grown men not raising children. Jimmy johnson said it best when his best players could do certain things because they were better and he is there to win.

So your just a casual fan then? Don't put much thought into how its really done or what you would do?

"Just pay them all, its not my money"!!! LOL

Maybe just leave the detailed conversations for the big boys?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So he'll sit for 2 years ?

Come on now.
If he doesnt show up by August 6th, he losses a year counting towards FA. The fact is that he would have to retire. If he sat out 2 years, he would still have two more years of playing before he could become a FA.

Zeke has absolutely zero leverage other than the fact that he is disgruntled and that they need him on the field. Personally, I would go out and sign Ajayi and let Zeke rot until he shows up. Or I would start looking for a trade partner.

aria

Reaction score
not really....if you get a team that has an extra first it could be feasible....guy has been on of the top 5 players in the NFL each of the last 3 years
I would bet my mortgage no team would give up two firsts for him and then have to pay him the money he wants along with his extra baggage, especially when next years draft is supposed to be loaded with RB’s.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He only makes 3.8 this season.

ONLY 3.8 million. LOL

Such a meager sum. Hes basically an overpaid, drunk, fool that doesn't give a @#$% about his teammates or the team.

What would he do if there was no football?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would bet my mortgage no team would give up two firsts for him and then have to pay him the money he wants along with his extra baggage, especially when next years draft is supposed to be loaded with RB’s.

I agree. Zeke is a great back, but people around the league understand that good RB's can be had later in the draft. I think someone gives up a first and 3rd and that's about it. And then there is the idiot factor. Why would anyone trade for a drunken fool that is one bar night away from a 9 game suspension?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The exercise is to pick one if you cant. Incapable or don't want to?
But they can structure the contracts to pay them all. Next year another 15m will free up in terms of witten, sean lee, and ty craw. They can also always restructure some bigger deals to create space. You just act like my wife that makes up fairy tale scenarios in their mind.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
So your just a casual fan then? Don't put much thought into how its really done or what you would do?

"Just pay them all, its not my money"!!! LOL

Maybe just leave the detailed conversations for the big boys?
I explained in my first post how I would pay zeke to minimize exposure to the team if he gets suspended again etc. You just don't like zeke. Never supposed to be emotional when talking business little boy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But they can structure the contracts to pay them all. Next year another 15m will free up in terms of witten, sean lee, and ty craw. They can also always restructure some bigger deals to create space. You just act like my wife that makes up fairy tale scenarios in their mind.

Just interested in who you value least in that list. At some point you have to make hard decisions. Are you going to answer the question or take your ball and go home?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
ONLY 3.8 million. LOL

Such a meager sum. Hes basically an overpaid, drunk, fool that doesn't give a @#$% about his teammates or the team.

What would he do if there was no football?

Why do people treat Zeke like he's stupid?

He's playing on 3.8 million this season. No more Bonus money.

He does have a 5th year option, that is paying 9 million.

BUT

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/04/fifth-year-option-nfl

"Fifth-year options are guaranteed for injury only between May 3 and the start of the following league year. As such, they’re not entirely risk-free, but as long as the player remains healthy, a team could exercise his fifth-year option, then cut him before his option year gets underway without being on the hook for his salary. When the league year begins, the player’s fifth-year salary becomes guaranteed for skill and cap purposes, as well as injury."

His new deal gives him 2019 and 2020 money, plus a new bonus, plus a new base.

Give Zeke some respect.

LittleD

Reaction score
The contract is signed by both parties.

Zekes money is still gtd for 2019 and 2020.

It just gets added to the new deal.

Not if he doesn't show up. He gets fined and for each game he misses, he loses a game check. No guarantee if he breaks the rules.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I explained in my first post how I would pay zeke to minimize exposure to the team if he gets suspended again etc. You just don't like zeke. Never supposed to be emotional when talking business little boy.

Very true, I don't like Zeke. I don't like to see morons succeed when they don't deserve to.

LOL...….and you just said to spend the money, who cares its not yours? Is it ever yours little boy? Maybe another 40 of Hennessy my man. Chug a lug.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Just interested in who you value least in that list. At some point you have to make hard decisions. Are you going to answer the question or take your ball and go home?
Zeke is the least valuable just due to the position that's obvious. But what's the point of drafting a guy 4th overall have him go all pro then not pay him. Seems like a waste of the 4th overall pick. If we don't pay him then it's a wasted pick and we should have drafted Ramsey. But you probably don't like him either. Because you know the typical down south excuses

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Not if he doesn't show up. He gets fined and for each game he misses, he loses a game check. No guarantee if he breaks the rules.

He's not going to play without a new deal.

He is only GTD the 3.8 base this season.

If he gets hurt, the team could cut him before 2020 and get out of the 5th year option.

LittleD

Reaction score
He's not going to play without a new deal.

He is only GTD the 3.8 base this season.

If he gets hurt, the team could cut him before 2020 and get out of the 5th year option.

Fine...he can lose that 3.8 base too. We have 3 RB's on the roster and get more in final cuts before the games. Behind our OL, almost any RB could succeed. Zeke should stay on whatever island he's partying on right now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why do people treat Zeke like he's stupid?

He's playing on 3.8 million this season. No more Bonus money.

He does have a 5th year option, that is paying 9 million.

BUT

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/04/fifth-year-option-nfl

"Fifth-year options are guaranteed for injury only between May 3 and the start of the following league year. As such, they’re not entirely risk-free, but as long as the player remains healthy, a team could exercise his fifth-year option, then cut him before his option year gets underway without being on the hook for his salary. When the league year begins, the player’s fifth-year salary becomes guaranteed for skill and cap purposes, as well as injury."

His new deal gives him 2019 and 2020 money, plus a new bonus, plus a new base.

Give Zeke some respect.

Did you really just ask that question?

Why do they act like he is stupid? Respect Zeke?

Have you missed the last 3 years of constant stupid moves? Did you watch the video of him slurring around drunk at the concert with that trash chick? Did you see him push over the security guard? How about the claim that he beat his GF? You respect that? How about pulling a chicks top off in public? Getting suspended for 6 games? Not learning from your mistakes?

Stupid? Respect?

Dak is smart, I respect him. Cooper is smart, I respect him. Witten I respect. Not some fool drunk that doesn't care about himself or the team.