Twitter: Extension Elliott looking for would exceed Gurley's 4yr $57.5 million deal

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“The running game has no correlation to winning”

Just get rid of him and sign any average RB

:popcorn:

This post suggests that, in your head, what some dude on a message board thinks about the importance of the RB position has some correlation with what Zeke’s agents’ expectation should be for his second contract. Which is amusing.

Also, you’ve gotten the effectiveness of the running game argument wrong, again. So, lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Stephen Jones is not going to cave in and extend Zeke this year. That is a guarantee. So don't complain when Zeke acts up and refuses to honor his currently signed contract but instead stays at home and hurts the team.
This is strictly business. Of course it has a potential to hurt the team but I respect his boldness. He’s smarter than I thought.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Of course the cowboys will.
Was Carson Wentz being a drama queen when he just resigned a new contract after 3 years?

You may not like it but the cowboys will pay him. Give it a couple weeks and Zeke will be in camp with a new deal.
He is the straw that stirs the drink.....
Seriously doubt it. Stephen Jones has taken over the team nowadays.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Stephen Jones is not going to cave in and extend Zeke this year. That is a guarantee. So don't complain when Zeke acts up and refuses to honor his currently signed contract but instead stays at home and hurts the team.
Cheapskate Son probably thinks his RB by Committee could work . Lol

Big Daddy will swoop In to save the season if necessary.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They let Demarco Murray walk since his contract was up. Since Zeke is still under contract for 2 more years, Cowboys could easily get two 1st round picks and a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him if they needed to trade him.
Sure, trade him. Not going to help this season.

John813

Reaction score
I've said the same thing, but do you honestly believe the Cowboys will give in to Zeke's demands and pay him like the highest paid RB in the league that he's asking for even though he is under contract for 2 more years? Sorry but it's not happening. Zeke is acting like a drama queen.

I think they will, for better or worse.
But I didn't think they would sign him this offseason. Especially after that Vegas issue. While Zeke is no Dez, he may not be too far off maturity wise off the field. Who knows, just going off offseason articles on him throughout the years.
I agree he's acting pouty, especially if he skips till the 6th.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm betting Stephen has a bigger say nowadays.
I thought you said he’s taken over?
Jerry’s no longer involved? Lol

You guys shift wherever to support your opinion.
Gonna need to get up a little earlier than that when you step up to the plate with me AC. You should know that my friend.

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Therein lies the problem. There’s no guarantee the Cowboys will pay him in 2 years. He wants his money now. Pretty bold and smart move I’d say instead letting us pound him in the ground the next years and then decide we don’t want to pay him,
Yea. I 100% get why Zeke would hold out and I don't blame him.

Saquon will end up doing the same thing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think they will, for better or worse.
But I didn't think they would sign him this offseason. Especially after that Vegas issue. While Zeke is no Dez, he may not be too far off maturity wise off the field. Who knows, just going off offseason articles on him throughout the years.
I agree he's acting pouty, especially if he skips till the 6th.
Pouty??

Strictly business. He wants to get paid now.

Prescott a couple weeks ago said there’s enough to pay everyone. Why should he let the Cowboys run him into the ground and then turn him out to pasture like we did Murray?

Pay the man , trade him or let him walk. It’s our call.

But be prepared for the consequences this season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I thought you said he’s taken over?
Jerry’s no longer involved? Lol

You guys shift wherever to support your opinion.
Gonna need to get up a little earlier than that when you step up to the plate with me AC. You should now that my friend.
I bet you Zeke will not get entended until next year.

John813

Reaction score
Pouty??

Strictly business. He wants to get paid now.

Prescott a couple weeks ago said there’s enough to pay everyone. Why should he let the Cowboys run him into the ground and then turn him out to pasture like we did Murray?

Pay the man , trade him or let him walk. It’s our call.

But be prepared for the consequences this season.

Potentially skipping camp.
I get it. But you don't have to skip camp in order to get paid. You see Dak or Cooper skipping camp?

Let him walk now when he's under contract for two more years?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You’d think the Daksters would desperately want to keep Elliott?

Do they really want to see our soon to be highest paid QB in Cowboys history look like chump change without Zeke?

Are they really prepared for the potential disaster and probable struggle?

Cheapskate Son might be but I’m bettin Big Daddy isn’t. Lol

On the flip side this might be that opportunity for Dak to prove his greatness if Elliott sits. Oh the drama:)