News: Ezekiel Elliot Mysteriously Absent for Friday Camp Conditioning Test

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I don't blame Zeke at all. The man deserves this payday.
I hope he does not play another down until he is compensated for what this team asks him to do. JASON GARRETT....has been stealing from the Cowboys since day 1. He is the REASON we need top 5 players at every position to be competitive. Jerry has chose to ride with Jason...and this is EXACTLY what happens when you don't have a coach who is a difference maker. Doug Pederson won a Super Bowl with Nick Freaking Foles...that is a coach/organization that can call players bluff...because they have proven they can scheme lesser players to accomplish great things. Jason needs the best to win...and the best cost money!!!!!!!!!

dallas72

Reaction score
Zeke holding out ..scared to pay someone w his offseason habbits..too immature..

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Zeke deserves his. All this talk about his character didnt stop us from giving him the ball 381 times. This offense needs him more than he needs this offense.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
we will see who folds first but Zeke deserves the pay bump.

Not at this moment at start of camp, no. Cowboys deserved Zeke to not go awol vs the Rams when they needed him. Let him sit, rather see Pollard/Weber get 1stt team reps anyways.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Why even have contracts? He was the 4th player taken. We had a great Oline. He signed his contract knowing he could be great. It’s a contract. Too bad so sad. You’ll get yours when it’s time..which isn’t now. I wouldn’t pay the guy with two years with his issues. You have to be smart with this many guys needing to get paid

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I don't believe in all my time as a Cowboy fan wanding these boards have I see a fanbase so vehement toward a player who is clearly the best player on the team.

I can remember players that generated such acrimony, but they were not the best player.

It causes me to wonder how many of you stand up at your job and play hardball to get the most money you can?

That's Dak.

This is a different time. Never have I seen people act like a player did something to them personally like this before.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
That's just not how it works in the NFL.
Yeah that is because everyone plays the game the way the players dictate it and not according to what both parties agreed to in the contract.

Of course players are gonna clam up and refuse to honor their contract in lieu of more money because it works, teams cave and give them the money.

Make them honor their word while they negotiate or they pay up

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He should play at least this year. Complete your contract. If you don’t want to play under the 5th year option then fine. You seemed to be all smiles when drafted and handed that fat signing bonus.

Exactly. That he is doing this with 2 years left is a disgrace. The guy is an idiot.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I don't blame Zeke at all. The man deserves this payday.

So does Dak and Amari and Byron Jones and La’el Collins. Ok Collins not so much, but the point is he has two years left on his contract. He needs to get in line. And holding out isn’t going to get this done any faster.

Hope Jerry fines the heck out of him.

Trendnet

Reaction score
Yeah that is because everyone plays the game the way the players dictate it and not according to what both parties agreed to in the contract.

Of course players are gonna clam up and refuse to honor their contract in lieu of more money because it works, teams cave and give them the money.

Make them honor their word while they negotiate or they pay up

Why only concern with the players and not the owners side of the contract?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Not at this moment at start of camp, no. Cowboys deserved Zeke to not go awol vs the Rams when they needed him. Let him sit, rather see Pollard/Weber get 1stt team reps anyways.

Agreed. The Cowboys hold all the cards here. Let's see Pollard or Weber light it up behind this all-pro line; even sign a guy like Jay Ajayi to just put more pressure on Zeke. If he's not here by August 6 the Cowboys "own" him through 2021.

Elliott wasn't going to play in the preseason anyway and he knows the offense, so he's really not doing a thing except racking up daily fines. The daily Zeke watch is going to be the biggest non-story going on for the next few weeks.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Meaning of Life mysterious?
Jack the Ripper mysterious?
Bermuda Triangle mysterious?
Or Who the Hell ate an entire bowl of broccoli in this crowded room, mysterious?
i think it's just mysteriously mysterious kinda of a mystery.