News: Ezekiel Elliot named Offensive Rookie of the Month

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I was watching inside the nfl last night and Brandon Marshall was yelling about being sick of Dak and Zeke.

This year is turning into 07 where we started off as a feel good story and Romo led the way, then slowly the media overexposed Dallas, Specifically Owens and Romo and built it up hoping to get to tear it down and then of course they did.

It feels the same to me. All espn talks about everyday is Dak, Zeke and Romo and people have become sick of it and clearly other players around the league are sick of it also.

I wish the national stories and obsession would go away. Its not good for the team over the course of the season. I understand why they do it but still its not good for our team.

as soon as they start reading their own hype, it spells doom for this team. The Browns game is no gimmie.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I was watching inside the nfl last night and Brandon Marshall was yelling about being sick of Dak and Zeke.

This year is turning into 07 where we started off as a feel good story and Romo led the way, then slowly the media overexposed Dallas, Specifically Owens and Romo and built it up hoping to get to tear it down and then of course they did.

It feels the same to me. All espn talks about everyday is Dak, Zeke and Romo and people have become sick of it and clearly other players around the league are sick of it also.

I wish the national stories and obsession would go away. Its not good for the team over the course of the season. I understand why they do it but still its not good for our team.

It will die down against our next few opponents but we did just beat the Bengals, Packers, and Eagles in consecutive weeks.

Nobody had us winning all 3.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I get your point because a significant portion of the media does not give equal coverage for any particular entity--sports related or not. It's not in their self-interest in providing comprehensive information. Sustained or increased public interest is the sole goal. They can achieve that goal regardless whether the public has positive or negative feedback to broadcasted or published stories.

However, how the constant media discussion impacts the team is within their control. Garrett has built a culture that seems (to me) teflon coated. Negative or nonsensical crap doesn't stick to the team very well or not at all.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
It will die down against our next few opponents but we did just beat the Bengals, Packers, and Eagles in consecutive weeks.

Nobody had us winning all 3.

It's hard to win in the NFL let alone rip off 6 wins in a row.

superonyx

Reaction score
yea, I thought Bosa was over rated...I'll chalk this one up as one in the loss column for me...Jalen Ramsey on the other hand...

But on a more serious note, this has to be good for Ohio St recruiting, not that Urban Myer needed any help.
I'm with you on Bosa. I just didn't see him having much of an impact at this level. He was controlled last year in college. I thought his ceiling was Greg Ellis not JJ Watt.
Good for the Chargers. Better for us because I still prefer Zeke.