News: Ezekiel Elliot sued again for yet another dog attack

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
This really isn't as difficult as you're making it.

Pit bulls and chows head the list. Chows are known to turn on their owners w/ no provocation.

Once again, how do people not know this about dog breeds?

Labs tend to be friendly and not aggessive. Retrievers also.

Hounds tend to want to hunt and are often aggressive towards their prey, but not humans.

Breeds have tendencies.
Of course breeds have tendencies. That is literally why they exist.

You are oversimplifying it to a great degree, though.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
LOL, The first paragraph in your source...

"There can be a lot of media-perpetuated fear surrounding the aggressiveness of certain breeds. It’s important to note that the goal of this article is not to perpetuate some of this fear-mongering. In truth, any dog can become aggressive in certain situations. There is a strong argument for the aggressiveness of any individual dog having more to do with nurture than it does with nature.

With that said, there are breeds with a higher propensity for aggressive tendencies, whether that is due to breeding practices, instincts or simply anatomy. Care must be taken to properly socialize and train these breeds under the direction of a confident handler that can assert their dominance. Given the proper environment, these breeds can flourish into loving and gentle companions."

I see you apply the same reasoning process to dogs, as you do football.

Thanks for the chuckles, Rocky.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is an internet message board. We make the facts
That's my biggest frustration about these boards. I don't mind if people indicate they are giving an opinion or offering possibilities. That's reasonable in a discussion. But it frustrates me when people express things as fact when they clearly only have information that supports an opinion or a possibility.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You have no actual data to back up your opinion that you are stating as fact.

Here is a fact. Labs, which you said were usually friendly, lead the pack in dog attacks at 13%. You cannot assume whether a dog is friendly or aggressive based on their breed. True that if you get attacked by a pit bull they will likely do more damage, but that doesn't mean they are just psycho killers roaming around...unless someone raises them to be.

This doesn't say much unless you point out how much of the dog community is made up of labs. Is this disproportionate to the size of the lab demographic? Pit bulls make up roughly 5% of the dog population, yet lead dog bites in multiple states

https://blog.dogsbite.org/2009/07/pit-bulls-lead-bite-counts-across-us.html

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You really are a simpleton.

I wanted YOUR take. I should have known you were just regurgitating your two minutes of googling, and didn't really have your own take.

ps. Lazy is spending a couple minutes "educating" yourself on the internet and pretending to know what you're talking about.
It was my take but you wanted verification. Grow a pair boy.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
This doesn't say much unless you point out how much of the dog community is made up of labs. Is this disproportionate to the size of the lab demographic? Pit bulls make up roughly 5% of the dog population, yet lead dog bites in multiple states

https://blog.dogsbite.org/2009/07/pit-bulls-lead-bite-counts-across-us.html
I wasn't trying to say that labs are overly aggressive or anything, just that he was just applying his own experiences which doesn't always match data. You could also make a case that more pit bull bites are actually reported due to their ability to cause harm to the extent it would require medical attention.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It was my take but you wanted verification. Grow a pair boy.
Wrong again Rocky.

Your take was "Some dog breeds instinctively are aggressive from the day they are born".

I asked you which breeds, and you had to google it. The link you posted doesn't even support that claim.

You can't even follow along with your own reasoning. lol. If you were a dog, you'd be a basset hound.

You're definitely a cat person.
Not that there is anything wrong with that. :D

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Wrong again Rocky.

Your take was "Some dog breeds instinctively are aggressive from the day they are born".

I asked you which breeds, and you had to google it. The link you posted doesn't even support that claim.

You can't even follow along with your own reasoning. lol. If you were a dog, you'd be a basset hound.

You're definitely a cat person.
Not that there is anything wrong with that. :D
The only reason I posted a link is because I knew you would argue against whatever I posted. :facepalm: Get a life.