Twitter: Ezekiel in the lab

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the offensive line is good, Zeke will be fine. He's not going to run for an 85 yard TD, but we don't need him to do that. Besides that, he's probably going to be in a rotation. He's not carrying the ball 20-30 times.
These runs do not happen very often, even 50 yard runs. Not even for the top RB's on any team. However, some fans think it should happen every play and get angry when it doesn't. Then vent.

Just keep the chains moving, that is all that is needed, with the occasional 10 to 20 yard runs, or even a pass.

shabazz

Reaction score
I missed seeing these videos from every summer lmao. Lots of grunting and work and never changed the product on the field. I hope I'm wrong but I don't have much hope for the current RB room as it stands. If they produce it'll be the online dominating.
The grunting and sound effects are the most important part of these videos

jwitten82

Reaction score
Zeke is here to
  • short yards impact ( red zone and 1st downs )
  • pass protection
  • leadership/mentoring
Someone posted concerns about his speed and/or 10+ yard runs. If this is our expectation of him, we are in serious trouble but as mentioned, there are still ways he can help this offense.
Lol Zeke is our lead back, that's how bad they handled the RB position this offseason. He had back to back seasons where he has averaged under 4 ypc, he's done

jwitten82

Reaction score
Lol our strategy for this coming season for the running game is, "I hope Zeke has one more season in him"
And our strategy for the run d is, "I hope Mazi makes the jump this season "

The same people defending these moves will be the same people crying at the end of the season about our lack of run game and run D

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Lol our strategy for this coming season for the running game is, "I hope Zeke has one more season in him"

The same people defending these moves will be the same people crying at the end of the season about our lack of run game and run D
Or blame the coaching.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Who's strategy are you talking about? McCarthy was very clear that he would have a limited role within RBBC, not full-time. Of course, he isn't the back he once was but he's not here for that anyway. You also mentioned in another post "he's done". Why would you say that?

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...tt-2024-dallas-cowboys-running-back-committee

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/14-what-are-realistic-expectations-for-zeke
Kurt Daniels: I think the production the Cowboys will get from Elliott in 2024 will look pretty similar to what he provided the Patriots in 2023. A season ago, Zeke averaged 13.8 touches and 56.2 total yards per game. He topped New England with 642 rushing yards while his 313 receiving yards ranked fifth. In addition, thirty-six times he took the handoff when there were 3 or fewer yards to go and on 27 of those attempts he either got the first down or scored. That scoring department, though, is where Dallas might be expecting more. Elliott had only three rushing touchdowns last year after posting 12 in 2022 with the Cowboys. That's where the team really is expecting (and need) him to make a difference.