Twitter: Ezekiel in the lab

Praxit

Reaction score
...weren't the trash cans about 6' last time he practice this?

Now you have couple of Deuce Vaughns plugging the middle... ;).

nathanlt

Reaction score
Maybe he's been humbled and has something to prove, to himself more than anyone else. His last play as a Cowboy was embarrassing. Hopefully, he'll use that as fuel.
Yes, more than anything, his last play as a Dallas Cowboy needs to be rewritten in his mind. That's got to be a big reason for him wanting to return to Dallas. I personally think it is not worth it. This is the first offseason I can think of in a long time without much hype for the fall. :confused:

TheDank

Reaction score
I’m fine with Zeke at the price we brought him back for. He honestly looked pretty good with the Pats last year. I really just wish we’d drafted Jaylen Wright or another home run threat to pair with him.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Who's strategy are you talking about? McCarthy was very clear that he would have a limited role within RBBC, not full-time. Of course, he isn't the back he once was but he's not here for that anyway. You also mentioned in another post "he's done". Why would you say that?

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...tt-2024-dallas-cowboys-running-back-committee

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/14-what-are-realistic-expectations-for-zeke
Kurt Daniels: I think the production the Cowboys will get from Elliott in 2024 will look pretty similar to what he provided the Patriots in 2023. A season ago, Zeke averaged 13.8 touches and 56.2 total yards per game. He topped New England with 642 rushing yards while his 313 receiving yards ranked fifth. In addition, thirty-six times he took the handoff when there were 3 or fewer yards to go and on 27 of those attempts he either got the first down or scored. That scoring department, though, is where Dallas might be expecting more. Elliott had only three rushing touchdowns last year after posting 12 in 2022 with the Cowboys. That's where the team really is expecting (and need) him to make a difference.
Yeah, you’re right. Rico Dowdle is going to shore it up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s not about appreciation. We can appreciate what Zeke did without him being on the field. What don’t you people get about that.

Appreciation doesn’t win football games.
And bashing players DOES win football games?

Come on man...what difference does it really make? I think being appreciative is being a better human, but that's just me. I never said it wins games.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it can. The OL was the issue last year. They will be much better this season. I think the RB group is really really bad right now.
If the o-line is better it AUTMATICALLY makes ANY RB we have better.

The o-line MUST block better, MUST create holes and actually maybe pancake downfield once or twice on occasion. We also desperately need better scheme. Everyone seems to know what we are doing, along with no blocks. That might work with our powerhouse 90's team but not anymore. Some cleverness is required.

I remember a couple years ago it was fashionable to bash zeke with "any average back will do". Now suddenly not, goal post moved.

HungryLion

Reaction score
And bashing players DOES win football games?

Come on man...what difference does it really make? I think being appreciative is being a better human, but that's just me. I never said it wins games.
It doesn’t make you a bad human to point out facts about Zeke’s on field performance.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It doesn’t make you a bad human to point out facts about Zeke’s on field performance.
Point out facts? From when? And for what purpose? We had such a GREAT team and Zeke destroyed us?

Pollard had a half yard more each carry last year but he never gets blasted.

Yes...zeke is the reason we sucked. Okay. Such wicked football acumen wow!

The guy that played injured and did everything asked of him...is the guy you want to bash. Okay...carry on.

CWR

Reaction score
I agree. Chances Vaughn has something are small but he has to be better than last season. I remain a little hopeful with him. HL is just a large man. I see him as one of the biggest second year step up guys. Rico is our best but he is not a bell cow type. I truly think the analysics team is further poisoning Jerry’s mind. This RB group is downright awful. Consider also that we say Dak needs a good running game to be most effective. It’s beyond stupid.
Funny because I just watched "Money Ball" yesterday. That said I can't believe Jerry would actually listen to someone to that extent. You're probably right, but he only half *** listens. Great freaking movie though.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I’m fine with Zeke at the price we brought him back for. He honestly looked pretty good with the Pats last year. I really just wish we’d drafted Jaylen Wright or another home run threat to pair with him.
"Looked pretty good with the Pats last year".

By what metric or alternate reality did you get that from?

He was by far the worst starting RB in the NFL last year. His numbers for YPC and rushing TDs were 150th and 48th which is worse than all other starters and a lot of back ups.

Seriously, did you really watch him play in NE? You couldn't possibly come to that conclusion if you did. NE got rid of him for a reason. If he "looked pretty good" they would have kept him.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Looked pretty good with the Pats last year".

By what metric or alternate reality did you get that from?

He was by far the worst starting RB in the NFL last year. His numbers for YPC and rushing TDs were 150th and 48th which is worse than all other starters and a lot of back ups.

Seriously, did you really watch him play in NE? You couldn't possibly come to that conclusion if you did.
How good was the team and specifically the o-line.
What threat was QB?

Or...is it JUST the RB responsible?

This should be GOOD! It's a TEAM game. Until it conveniently isn't.

Hater Alert issued.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Funny because I just watched "Money Ball" yesterday. That said I can't believe Jerry would actually listen to someone to that extent. You're probably right, but he only half *** listens. Great freaking movie though.
Much better book. Give that one a read.

Reactions: CWR

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In the lab...
Best shape of his career...
Something to prove...

All jokes aside, he does appear to be leaner here.

STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL SLOW LIKE ALL the other videos out there that he's ever posted!! He looks leaner because he cut that mop off his head

sacase

Reaction score
Point out facts? From when? And for what purpose? We had such a GREAT team and Zeke destroyed us?

Pollard had a half yard more each carry last year but he never gets blasted.

Yes...zeke is the reason we sucked. Okay. Such wicked football acumen wow!

The guy that played injured and did everything asked of him...is the guy you want to bash. Okay...carry on.
They haven't liked him even when he was the best back in the league for 3 years. He could put up 1500 this year and they will still bash him. They just don't like him.

Hes always been humble, quiet, a team player. People love him in the locker room. Plays hurt. Does everything asked without complaint.