Twitter: Ezekiel in the lab

Flamma

Reaction score
Interestingly, these were the standards by which 80s and 90s RBs were judged but you are right, you rarely see runs today.
I don't think we saw them that often in the 80s and 90s either. That's highlight material specifically because it doesn't happen often. It would be nice to have a wire to wire RB, but not necessary.

I remember at some point in the 1992 NFC championship game, or the super bowl against Buffalo, I can't remember which. Emmitt ripped off something like a 38 yard run. The next statement was, that's the longest run given up by that team all season.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I don't know, but maybe the time for him was in our backfield last year? This is not the situation we need Zeke for, and I for one was lobbying for us to bring him back last for the exact reason we seemingly brought him in for this year, except we forgot we don't have a RB1

Flamma

Reaction score
:huh:
Tony Dorsett, Eric Dickerson, Billy Sims, Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell etc........
Yeah, those hall of fame players were all capable. But how often did they do it? I watch a lot of games at work from the 70s and 80s. I very rarely see RBs rip off 50+ yard runs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The guy gave everything man. When other rbs sat on the bench for a hang nail (coughBarkley/Chubbscough), Zeke went out and played with busted knees. Took on any block the o-line let through.

He deserves SOME appreciation but lotta fans think it's more fashionable and clever to bash him.

I am sure when game day comes and he helps our team they will cheer him on just the same,

Right?

Right?
It’s not about appreciation. We can appreciate what Zeke did without him being on the field. What don’t you people get about that.

Appreciation doesn’t win football games.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Zeke is here to
  • short yards impact ( red zone and 1st downs )
  • pass protection
  • leadership/mentoring
Someone posted concerns about his speed and/or 10+ yard runs. If this is our expectation of him, we are in serious trouble but as mentioned, there are still ways he can help this offense.
Some logic. That's not allowed here.

CWR

Reaction score
Was never happy about the move, BUT he does look quick.

Zeke has looked quick to start a season many times before though. I think its when he gets banged up, along with the line somehow becoming more porous as the year goes on, that kills us.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
In the lab...
Best shape of his career...
Something to prove...

All jokes aside, he does appear to be leaner here.

I am old enough to remember other Zeke best shape ever videos and then he sucked. Guy is cooked. Was cooked 3 years ago. His presence on the roster takes up space from someone that can actually play the position.

I am more interested to see what they have, or not, in Vaughn. I also think Luepke will help this year.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Zeke is our starting RB again?

We are probably the only team to be paying a player twice for one year of play (dead money plus new contract).

Our franchise is a joke. :facepalm:
Not just any player but a player that looked shot 3 years ago.

CWR

Reaction score
I am old enough to remember other Zeke best shape ever videos and then he sucked. Guy is cooked. Was cooked 3 years ago. His presence on the roster takes up space from someone that can actually play the position.

I am more interested to see what they have, or not, in Vaughn. I also think Luepke will help this year.
Luepke interest me, Vaughn I don't believe can be much a factor. Now if we get him in space or give him a solid hole I think he'll explode. I don't see him breaking through many tackles otherwise. Luepke has size and speed for that size. I'd love to see him get more opportunities and see what kind of wiggle he has.

Rico probably is our best back, but he's always been an injury concern. Zeke will probably start off well and slow down, that's typical for the last few years. Maybe they find a good rotation and it works. In any event I hate their process at the position and wish we had more legitimate talent there. Feels too similar to the year we into a season with Allen Hurns as our WR1.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
4.95 forty. Ran for 650 yards last year. Yikes he's our starter. Jerry is like a executive wearing warmup pants to work everyday, he's just given up.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Luepke interest me, Vaughn I don't believe can be much a factor. Now if we get him in space or give him a solid hole I think he'll explode. I don't see him breaking through many tackles otherwise. Luepke has size and speed for that size. I'd love to see him get more opportunities and see what kind of wiggle he has.

Rico probably is our best back, but he's always been an injury concern. Zeke will probably start off well and slow down, that's typical for the last few years. Maybe they find a good rotation and it works. In any event I hate their process at the position and wish we had more legitimate talent there. Feels too similar to the year we into a season with Allen Hurns as our WR1.
I agree. Chances Vaughn has something are small but he has to be better than last season. I remain a little hopeful with him. HL is just a large man. I see him as one of the biggest second year step up guys. Rico is our best but he is not a bell cow type. I truly think the analysics team is further poisoning Jerry’s mind. This RB group is downright awful. Consider also that we say Dak needs a good running game to be most effective. It’s beyond stupid.

Reactions: CWR