Twitter: Ezekiel in the lab

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Awesome, thanks for the tip. I know it's not the same but I stream a ton of audio books during my commute. This is a great suggestion.
I don’t read books anymore and have gone 100% audio books and really enjoy it. Sometimes the narration is not good like in Clavells Noble House. All the narrators have a British accent even the Chinese characters both male and female. That kinda sucks, but I’ve listened to literally hundreds of audio books and that was the only bad experience. Sure does take strain off the eyes. I think I’ll put this book on my list as well. Thanks!

Reactions: CWR

nobody

Reaction score
I'll wait to see how he plays against other teams, but the dude is working hard. Can't fault him for that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Over under on 100 yard games for Zeke..

I’ll start with 2

I’m taking the under

fivetwos

Reaction score
Who's strategy are you talking about? McCarthy was very clear that he would have a limited role within RBBC, not full-time. Of course, he isn't the back he once was but he's not here for that anyway. You also mentioned in another post "he's done". Why would you say that?

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...tt-2024-dallas-cowboys-running-back-committee

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/14-what-are-realistic-expectations-for-zeke
Kurt Daniels: I think the production the Cowboys will get from Elliott in 2024 will look pretty similar to what he provided the Patriots in 2023. A season ago, Zeke averaged 13.8 touches and 56.2 total yards per game. He topped New England with 642 rushing yards while his 313 receiving yards ranked fifth. In addition, thirty-six times he took the handoff when there were 3 or fewer yards to go and on 27 of those attempts he either got the first down or scored. That scoring department, though, is where Dallas might be expecting more. Elliott had only three rushing touchdowns last year after posting 12 in 2022 with the Cowboys. That's where the team really is expecting (and need) him to make a difference.
Nice numbers on Elliott. Didn’t know. It could work if he is in fact used in that role.

I’m just not sold everyone is going to be happy, especially if the team starts slow.

He may go directly to Jerry and tell him he needs more touches. What happens in that case? Jerry tells him to see McCarthy or Jerry makes his own decision?

Nothing wrong with bringing in a back with his current skill set. Who he is in Dallas makes it a different deal.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Zeke is our starting RB again?

We are probably the only team to be paying a player twice for one year of play (dead money plus new contract).

Our franchise is a joke. :facepalm:
He’s 3rd all Dallas rusher.

4 TDs away from tying TonyD

He’s no joke.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The guy gave everything man. When other rbs sat on the bench for a hang nail (coughBarkley/Chubbscough), Zeke went out and played with busted knees. Took on any block the o-line let through.

He deserves SOME appreciation but lotta fans think it's more fashionable and clever to bash him.

I am sure when game day comes and he helps our team they will cheer him on just the same,

Right?

Right?
Yup.

#ZekeHate is strong.

Lots of Fans butthurt when Zeke > Pollard.

Motorola

Reaction score
I don't think we saw them that often in the 80s and 90s either. That's highlight material specifically because it doesn't happen often. It would be nice to have a wire to wire RB, but not necessary.

I remember at some point in the 1992 NFC championship game, or the super bowl against Buffalo, I can't remember which. Emmitt ripped off something like a 38 yard run. The next statement was, that's the longest run given up by that team all season.
Yeah, those hall of fame players were all capable. But how often did they do it? I watch a lot of games at work from the 70s and 80s. I very rarely see RBs rip off 50+ yard runs.
Longest runs \ rushes in the NFL last 10 seasons__2014- 2023
Total of 30 I found through a quick glance:
80 yards - 5 times
81 - twice
82- once
83 - twice
84 - once
85 - 3x
86 - once
87 - twice
88- once
89 - twice
90 - 4x
91 - once
92 - once
94 - once
97- once
98 - once
99 - once
Total of 30 runs 80+ yards since 2014

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He does seem to have tread left on the tire. Let's hope him well with the best coming season possible.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the tip. I know it's not the same but I stream a ton of audio books during my commute. This is a great suggestion.
You will love it. For the record the Blindside book is also a million times better than the movie.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
If the offensive line is good, Zeke will be fine. He's not going to run for an 85 yard TD, but we don't need him to do that. Besides that, he's probably going to be in a rotation. He's not carrying the ball 20-30 times.

The problem is who in our running back rotation can run for 20 yard gains.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I don’t read books anymore and have gone 100% audio books and really enjoy it. Sometimes the narration is not good like in Clavells Noble House. All the narrators have a British accent even the Chinese characters both male and female. That kinda sucks, but I’ve listened to literally hundreds of audio books and that was the only bad experience. Sure does take strain off the eyes. I think I’ll put this book on my list as well. Thanks!
You read?!?!?

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
if he isn’t showing off the 6 pack he isn’t in the best shape of his life

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Over under on 100 yard games for Zeke..

I’ll start with 2

I’m taking the under
Zeke career average is 17.x rushes a game.

That would be 289 rushes for 2024.

At 4.2 ypa, that’s over 1200 yds.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I have turned into a podcast junkie for my commutes. Problem is there is so much to choose from.