FEATURED FA agent thread

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He would be a decent at least pickup. At least he's durable, missed 11 games a couple of seasons ago, but otherwise has played nearly every game. Good size as well.

But not sure Dallas can afford him.

As a side note, Cowboys have signed 3 safeties, good to see they're at least trying to get better there....

Plankton

Reaction score
Wright himself has said he’s looking to get paid and ‘won’t take a hometown discount’ to return to Seattle.

I’d say that most - if not all - players looking to be well compensated should be eliminated as potential targets for Dallas.

Honestly, I could see Wright being a guy who goes to the Patriots on a one year deal and thrives.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

You gotta love fisher and his takes LOL

I hope he’s right with this one.

Even without looking at the cost, if Dallas is considering Neal to be a linebacker then I think we have to look at the numbers at the position and realize this is not happening. I know there are many who want Jaylon benched or who don't feel LVE can stay healthy, but they are starters here for at least one more season, and when we're using the base, it appears that Neal will be out there taking up the third linebacker slot.

Now, we can argue about Wright being better than anything we've got at linebacker, but Dallas doesn't sign players to better a spot. They sign free agents to fill spots ... and the spots are filled. Frankly, I'm a little surprised that bringing back Lee has been mentioned. I'm not sure what Dallas would see his role being. (Yes, we need quality backups, but I'm not sure Lee sees himself as just a backup.)

visionary

Reaction score
Even without looking at the cost, if Dallas is considering Neal to be a linebacker then I think we have to look at the numbers at the position and realize this is not happening. I know there are many who want Jaylon benched or who don't feel LVE can stay healthy, but they are starters here for at least one more season, and when we're using the base, it appears that Neal will be out there taking up the third linebacker slot.

Now, we can argue about Wright being better than anything we've got at linebacker, but Dallas doesn't sign players to better a spot. They sign free agents to fill spots ... and the spots are filled. Frankly, I'm a little surprised that bringing back Lee has been mentioned. I'm not sure what Dallas would see his role being. (Yes, we need quality backups, but I'm not sure Lee sees himself as just a backup.)

I agree with you but this is exactly why the better move would have been to not sign Neal, sign Wright to be MLB and have LVE play WLB

we’re so stupid it is mind boggling

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it is anywhere but Dallas, pay is/cannot be the main factor, because the Patriots will not pay him what he is asking.

I’m not so sure about that. They’ve clearly been spending a lot more than the Cowboys this year.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m not so sure about that. They’ve clearly been spending a lot more than the Cowboys this year.

We will see; and if that is true, the team needs to be sold immediately to an owner that cares about winning championships, not popularity contests.