FEATURED FA agent thread

Carson

Reaction score
No. He will cost.

Give me Malik Hooker / Damontae Kazee, one year $3 million and pray he stays healthy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had mentioned this as something he is willing to do

Vote in the poll so I know who my enemies are
Imagine it would take a healthy contract to sign him, and I'm leery about spending that kind of money while a guy learns a new position, and without knowing how well the transition would go.

Carson

Reaction score
Kazee tore his achilles, so that could be a big red flag.

Dupree is enticing, but he really doesnt give us anything we dont already have. If we are gonna pay an outside edge rusher, Id rather it be Reddick who can play LB

All reports are he’s good to go for camp

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He had mentioned this as something he is willing to do

Vote in the poll so I know who my enemies are
Bro, if Patrick Peterson is willing to sign for cheap, I'm all for it. If it's cheaper to resign Chidobe Awuzie and move him to Free Safety, I'm all for that as well. I believe Peterson would do well at FS. My only concern is his cost.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Strange feeling we go after Earl Thomas at some point.

We usually wait too long to address the situation. If we don't do something quick I think Earl becomes a possibility after the draft.

Carson

Reaction score
Strange feeling we go after Earl Thomas at some point.

We usually wait too long to address the situation. If we don't do something quick I think Earl becomes a possibility after the draft.

Im not pro Thomas anymore. However if one person can figure him out and return to the NFL it’s Quinn

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Against, not because I do not think Peterson is a poor CB I think he is a very good CB but he has 0 experience as a FS and paying out big money for an experiment I would not do it. If I pay big money for a FS I want a true FS

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Imagine it would take a healthy contract to sign him, and I'm leery about spending that kind of money while a guy learns a new position, and without knowing how well the transition would go.
Peterson's value on the market is kinda strange. He is the type of guy right now (early 30's, former All Pro, plays a premium position) that a team could overpay for based on reputation.

But his play at CB has been in decline. So in a year where space is going to be very tight, a thin market for him could be a possibility as well

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The weight of the Bucs’ interior defensive line was put heavily on the shoulders of Suh after Vita Vea broke his leg in Week 5, causing him to miss the rest of the season until a surprise return for the NFC Championship game. Suh not only answered the challenge to keep the Bucs’ stout run defense intact as the team led the league in run defense for the second straight year, he also took his game to another level as one of the best players on Tampa Bay’s entire defense.

Even at the age 34, Suh showed why he’s still on par with the top defensive tackles in the league, and also stepped up as a pass rusher with six sacks, the highest total he’s had since 2014. It’s been reported that Suh would like to come back and play with the Bucs as he’s focused on winning another championship. He played for $8 million last season, but would probably have to accept less to return to the Bucs in 2021.

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-free-agency-defensive-line/

Adreme

Reaction score
why? Suh had a very good year last season both in stopping the run and added 6 sacks and missed no games

This is why sacks are a lousy stat with which to judge a pass rusher. First off he did a middling job stopping the run. As a pass rusher though, he was fine as their 3rd or 4th best pass rusher, but as anything more than an upper low end starter he was not it. He was not bad, certainly better than 75% of the Cowboys starters on the Dline (well maybe 50% by the end), but the problem with player with name recognition is you end up having to overpay relative to what they currently are.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This is why sacks are a lousy stat with which to judge a pass rusher. First off he did a middling job stopping the run. As a pass rusher though, he was fine as their 3rd or 4th best pass rusher, but as anything more than an upper low end starter he was not it. He was not bad, certainly better than 75% of the Cowboys starters on the Dline (well maybe 50% by the end), but the problem with player with name recognition is you end up having to overpay relative to what they currently are.

He is a DT he is not an outside rusher and did a very good job in TB of stopping the run where TB was ranked #1 in run defense. This is not about name, which is why I did not want JJ Watts despite the fact I think he is a great guy, he is no longer can stay healthy and his game has gone downhill. That is not the case with Suh. Granted not talking about top money but you bet I would be glad to have a run stuffer like Suh

jay94

Reaction score
This is a complete bias, he will likely be overpaid and is very old in terms of the Not For Long league.

erod

Reaction score
After what Pierre-Paul and Barrett did to Fisher in the Super Bowl.........no wonder. LOL