FEATURED FA agent thread

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I mean you probably have made this post every year for the last 5 years and pretty much every year, save for maybe last year when the spent a bit of money on DTs, they have largely not done much to improve the defense in terms of bringing in quality players. They usually just hit the bargain bin looking for the Nolan Carrolls and Stephen Paea's of the world.

You're pretty good at putting words or at least trying to put words in other people's mouths. Last year this time you led the parade with multiple threads bashing Stephen and Jerry for not signing Everett Griffin ( I can archive if mod allowed ). So please don't tell me or speculate on what I have "probably" done. Either you have facts or you don't. FYI, NO I have not made this post every year.......all I'm saying it's way too early to bash the Cowboys or hell any team for free agency failure this year. It's just getting started.......lol

Carson

Reaction score
I assume we are signing some vets as we can’t expect to make it through a season with a 2nd year corner and a rookie.

You’d be surprised. Here comes the puff piece from Archer talking how great Maurice Canady and Reggie Robinson can be and how much they value them

Bigdog

Reaction score

While other teams are making their teams better, the Cowboys are in talks with resigning their mascot, Rowdy, who has been a tough negotiator. Apparently he wants more guarantee money than what the FO is willing to give. Stephen Jones was quoted as saying, "It's a process."

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They signed guys that were has been 'name only' players that were obviously past their prime. I think many fans are so desperate to return to the glory days that when Dallas signs someone the fans, much like the Dallas organization, simply overvalue the free agent or their own players to their detriment.
I mean its free agency. If you aren't going after the "names" then who are you going after?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
While other teams are making their teams better, the Cowboys are in talks with resigning their mascot, Rowdy, who has been a tough negotiator. Apparently he wants more guarantee money than what the FO is willing to give. Stephen Jones was quoted as saying, "It's a process."
You just quoted a post of Seahawks re-signing one of their own though. Not really making them better lol.

Sydla

Reaction score

They don't view FA as an opportunity to get better. They largely view it as simply a method to fill out roster spots as cheap as possible and that their drafting will deliver the real fix. It's a method that hasn't worked for years because no one can draft so well every year to fix all the holes, everyone turns to FA to try to improve in areas, except Dallas. But they are sticking to this strategy, come hell or high water.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Guess I'm wondering what are fans expecting? We are/were NEVER going to sign any of the TOP players that are signing now. Most of the mid-tier players are still out there so still have plenty of time and players before saying we are NOT going to help the D.

Of course you can't judge any part of the offseason, until it's over, and not completely until the season. Lots of folks were all excited to get the big guy (Poe) in the middle, the "we finally got some beef at nose) posts. But we found out that it really wasn't great as Poe was released due to being ineffective.

We'll see...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They don't view FA as an opportunity to get better. They largely view it as simply a method to fill out roster spots as cheap as possible and that their drafting will deliver the real fix. It's a method that hasn't worked for years because no one can draft so well every year to fix all the holes, everyone turns to FA to try to improve in areas, except Dallas. But they are sticking it to strategy, come hell or high water.
Yep. The way they treat free agency you'd think they were coming off a Super Bowl. But even Super Bowl winners have better offseason's then we do.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I mean its free agency. If you aren't going after the "names" then who are you going after?

My point was as stated "used to be names". That is a big difference between younger current names versus used to be players, as was evidenced with the total flop of the 2020 free agent signings by Dallas.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yep. The way they treat free agency you'd think they were coming off a Super Bowl. But even Super Bowl winners have better offseason's then we do.

Yep. That's because Jerry and Stephen grossly overvalue their roster that they built year in and year out. The are arguably the biggest Cowboys homers out there because no one thinks their roster is as good as they think it is.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
They don't view FA as an opportunity to get better. They largely view it as simply a method to fill out roster spots as cheap as possible and that their drafting will deliver the real fix. It's a method that hasn't worked for years because no one can draft so well every year to fix all the holes, everyone turns to FA to try to improve in areas, except Dallas. But they are sticking to this strategy, come hell or high water.

Sadly, as you stated, their approach is constantly leading to their demise as they overvalue their own players. I simply do not get the concept that if a team finishes 8-8 then 6-10 (mind you injuries impacted last season) then how do they come to the conclusion that their players are good enough to win? The Dallas FO really is mentally ill with their team building logic.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My point was as stated "used to be names". That is a big difference between younger current names versus used to be players, as was evidenced with the total flop of the 2020 free agent signings by Dallas.

Buccaneers just won a Super Bowl past their prime older names though in Antonio Brown, Gronkowski, Suh, etc.

Carson

Reaction score
Reports are he wanted a fresh start. Wasn’t interested in returning to Dallas

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We better go sign a good db BEFORE the draft. Who is out there to be had guys?Throw me a couple names.

Our front office has probably decided Diggs and Brown as the starters and Canady as the nickel is good enough entering the draft.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep. That's because Jerry and Stephen grossly overvalue their roster that they built year in and year out. The are arguably the biggest Cowboys homers out there because no one thinks their roster is as good as they think it is.
Maybe that's what it is. I mean I knew they overrated their talent but I'm starting to think they overrate it to the level of being the best team in the league. I think they really believe had they been healthy last year they would've won the Super Bowl.