FEATURED FA agent thread

Carson

Reaction score
Our front office has probably decided Diggs and Brown as the starters and Canady as the nickel is good enough entering the draft.

Reports are saying as of today, we will sign a veteran with starting experience. Not sure who it is but my guess is Casey Hayward

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Our front office has probably decided Diggs and Brown as the starters and Canady as the nickel is good enough entering the draft.
Oh lord........they are about to once again in a contending year go out there with a rookie corner and have him get torched smh.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Reports are saying as of today, we will sign a veteran with starting experience. Not sure who it is but my guess is Casey Hayward
Yikes......I guess realistically that's a guy they'd go after. That just reeks of the Everson Griffen type signing.......

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So Griffin took less money to go to Jacksonville than play for the Cowboys.

The Prescott era.

Scary to think JAX will end up with a better record than Dallas. First it was the Bills, then Browns, now possibly JAX. That is not the progress Dallas needs.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They don't view FA as an opportunity to get better. They largely view it as simply a method to fill out roster spots as cheap as possible and that their drafting will deliver the real fix. It's a method that hasn't worked for years because no one can draft so well every year to fix all the holes, everyone turns to FA to try to improve in areas, except Dallas. But they are sticking to this strategy, come hell or high water.
I'm not sure it's possible to sum this up much better than this.

Add on the refusal to suit up mid round picks and it becomes even worse.

They are set up to beat the crap out of bad teams or ones who lost their QB.

They act like the rest was a fluke.

Sydla

Reaction score
You're pretty good at putting words or at least trying to put words in other people's mouths. Last year this time you led the parade with multiple threads bashing Stephen and Jerry for not signing Everett Griffin ( I can archive if mod allowed ). So please don't tell me or speculate on what I have "probably" done. Either you have facts or you don't. FYI, NO I have not made this post every year.......all I'm saying it's way too early to bash the Cowboys or hell any team for free agency failure this year. It's just getting started.......lol

You don't have to archive, I openly admit I wanted them to get Griffen and when they did, I gave them credit for it. It didn't work out (we can debate as to why but that's not important here) but one move they made doesn't wash away the overall philosophy that this team simply sucks at FA either because they don't scout well or are largely too cheap in FA to try to improve. So no, them actually signing Griffen doesn't mean that things have changed. The odds are heavily in favor of them waiting a week and then signing some bargain slop largely because that's their history. The Griffen signing doesn't shift the philosophy of Jerry and Stephen.

I hope I am wrong.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Relax. The market just has to settle and then we strike. Like the reflexes of a cat and the speed of a mongoose.

More like the speed of a guy running to the port-o-potty that just realized what he thought was going to be a fart......wasn't......that is the Dallas organization.

Carson

Reaction score
Yikes......I guess realistically that's a guy they'd go after. That just reeks of the Everson Griffen type signing.......
Drafted by McCarthy and played under Joe Whitt. Played in Gus Bradley’s scheme so knows it well

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We are signing a vet with experience. Being reported but not sure who or when
That can be anyone essentially. I'd rather hear the names we are linked to......I'm not even usually one of these guys that's doom and gloom on the first or second day of free agency but this is past disappointment. This is just annoying at this point.

Hardline

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't cause us to draft Farley or Surtain if Pitts is still on the board.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Scary to think JAX will end up with a better record than Dallas. First it was the Bills, then Browns, now possibly JAX. That is not the progress Dallas needs.

What do you mean better record? Bad teams aren't suppose to be bad forever. None of them are threats to win anything for real anyway.