FEATURED FA agent thread

starfan1

Reaction score
This would make sense if we were looking at this in a one year vacuum. But we've seen this franchise largely operate this way season after season and the results ever really change. I think fans are frustrated with the fact that Jerry and Stephen act like they've built this great roster through their superb drafting and that they don't need real help in FA and the draft will fix what ails them.

And it never really works out.

well you know they like their guys so you shouldnt be shocked when they dont jump after the first wave. Do we know what the make up of this team is going to be come august today? I am just not going to get too excited to I see the onfield product.

Not everyone can be as lucky as the bucs.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Ugh, dude, you draft second rounders to be good starters. If that's not the case, I don't know what the point of the draft even is? To have fun?

And b) he's not.

Agree completely. 2nd rounders should be consistent starters all the time. It’s the same as picking bottom of the 1st round where we got Frederick at 31. That’s just a bad opinion

older article but works

https://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe...-how-contingent-is-success-to-draft-position/

- Nearly 30% of all starters were 1st round draft picks when drafted into the league;

- Roughly 30% were taken in either the 2nd or 3rd round;

- Roughly 26% were taken in either rounds 4 through 7;

USArmyVet

Reaction score
dude you do you. If you want to continue to be critical thread in and thread out that your prerogative. Must suck being a fan of a team you cant stand how they run it.

Again, better to be an open eyed and critical fan of an organization that has failed to succeed in over 25 years than be blind and complacent.....but we all take a different approach and thankfully the CZ is an open forum which encourages adult and respectful dialogue.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Ugh, dude, you draft second rounders to be good starters. If that's not the case, I don't know what the point of the draft even is? To have fun?

And b) he's not.
Then your expectations are wrong. Second rounders are not generally starters, especially at corner. Sure you hope they are, but it rarely works.

This is all second- and third-round players. 54 players and there's, what, 10 starters? That's roughly a 20% hit rate, if you're keeping track.

So like I primarily said, it is a bad take because it is disconnected from the reality of the NFL. Chido is about as good as you can expect from a second-round corner.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
They were the worst team in the league last year....if they woke up and signed Andy Dalton they would've improved their roster over last years lol.

Look, I get it. I'm here every offseason. I know what time it is. Poo on the Cowboys and raise up anyone else not named Cowboys. I get it.

Jags suck is all I'm saying. Even with Lawrence who's a rookie QB and with a undrafted running back last year.

Imagine telling us how bad Dak and Zeke suck....just to use those guys as the bar for why the Jags are good lol. Because Dallas fans would take Lawrence and James Robinson over Dak and Zeke lol.

My point simply is that JAX is clearly attracting above average talent this free agency and it isn't because they are overpaying players.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I feel like this team doesn't value DBs who can cover but can't be playmakers. I mean, Jones is another example of that IMO. We shelled out early for Zeke, which we knew would mean that Jones was gone and we never even blinked about it. Spent a 1st round pick on that guy and just let him walk with no compensation.

Can't say I understand it, especially since we've changed Defensive coaches but it sure seems like we are real good at drafting those kinds of guys but not valuing them. It's weird.......
I think it boils down to the defense inability to create turnovers. It has been a huge problem for years. Players like Bryon/Awuzie, struggled badly in that area.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yes he did but I was reading a tweet that pointed out how he played zone with the Colts as opposed to man before he left the Vikes.
We will be running a similar system. I really hoping for Hayward or Sherman, both possess high level ball skills.