FEATURED FA agent thread

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Oh I know lol....I got it. That's why I'm laughing at it...there's no damn way the Jaguars are in any position to do anything as currently constructed and their offseason hasn't been that great.

Your key comment within your post regarding JAX: "Jaguars are in any position to do anything as currently constructed"

So they will be drafting Trevor Lawrence which most Dallas fans would take in a heartbeat, they have an undrafted running back that had a better season than Zeke Elliott, just signed a quality CB and FS, and are still making moves. The point is they are doing things to improve because, as you said, they realized that as currently constructed they would not be successful.

starfan1

Reaction score
Fans should be critical of the team's FO when there has been no legitimate success in over 25 years so if you want to be okay with the status quo then that is your choice but stop with telling people to go elsewhere for simply being frustrated with the Dallas FO.

there's being critical and there's whining about stuff you have no control over. And looking at the entirety of the offseason you tend to fit more into the latter but hey you do you. They have not played a down yet and we dont know what this years team is going to be like. The draft hasn't happened and FA isn't over. I mean having Tomlinson in here would give me a different feel but isn't happening so I move on. Id rather have Patrick Mahomes at QB , Derrick Henry at RB and Aaron Donald on the line but it wasnt in the cards.I still feel ok about this team

Beaker42

Reaction score
Well a few things....when I talk about depth I'm not talking about just backups. For instance, if I draft two corners....based on the corners I see on the team.....I see no reason to believe why those guys can't come right in and contribute right now.

Also, these rookies aren't going to be difference makers this year. Just not the type of draft for that. There's no Chase Young's in this draft who will come right in and wreck havoc. So knowing that I'm grabbing up the best players and making my team better for the future. Ideally, I'd like to build my team from the inside out.
Got it. Man, we need every guy taken through 4th round to be ready to start or contribute.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I prefer to call it "venting" or "debating."

Regardless, it does seem that several people become extra annoyed when you do it.

I have no issue with your posts.

Thanks. One would think adults would be able to debate or offer opinions in a constructive manner but apparently that isn't allowed for some. In any event, thanks for the adult post.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your key comment within your post regarding JAX: "Jaguars are in any position to do anything as currently constructed"

So they will be drafting Trevor Lawrence which most Dallas fans would take in a heartbeat, they have an undrafted running back that had a better season than Zeke Elliott, just signed a quality CB and FS, and are still making moves. The point is they are doing things to improve because, as you said, they realized that as currently constructed they would not be successful.
They were the worst team in the league last year....if they woke up and signed Andy Dalton they would've improved their roster over last years lol.

Look, I get it. I'm here every offseason. I know what time it is. Poo on the Cowboys and raise up anyone else not named Cowboys. I get it.

Jags suck is all I'm saying. Even with Lawrence who's a rookie QB and with a undrafted running back last year.

Imagine telling us how bad Dak and Zeke suck....just to use those guys as the bar for why the Jags are good lol. Because Dallas fans would take Lawrence and James Robinson over Dak and Zeke lol.

Sydla

Reaction score
there's being critical and there's whining about stuff you have no control over. And looking at the entirety of the offseason you tend to fit more into the latter but hey you do you. They have not played a down yet and we dont know what this years team is going to be like. The draft hasn't happened and FA isn't over. I mean having Tomlinson in here would give me a different feel but isn't happening so I move on. Id rather have Patrick Mahomes at QB , Derrick Henry at RB and Aaron Donald on the line but it wasnt in the cards.I still feel ok about this team

This would make sense if we were looking at this in a one year vacuum. But we've seen this franchise largely operate this way season after season and the results ever really change. I think fans are frustrated with the fact that Jerry and Stephen act like they've built this great roster through their superb drafting and that they don't need real help in FA and the draft will fix what ails them.

And it never really works out.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

So since not one member in this group has any control over anything that Dallas does on or off the field then what's the point of the group based on your logic?

Sydla

Reaction score
I've said before ( could certainly be wrong) but IMO they having freed up X amount money for nothing. I'm guessing they've already targeted a couple of players at certain positions they feel pretty good about signing.

Looks like they freed up money to bring back many of their guys - Goodwin, for example.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I get more excited having the possibility of an elite superstar TE dominating defenses over drafting a cornerback that can be drafted in the second round and have very little talent drop off from Farley or Surtain.

I still say Dallas doesn't pass on Pitts regardless.
Would be foolish to pass on the blue chip, but if Pitts is gone and probably will be and Mack Jones is still there, the phone will be ringing to move back and I would if the intention is just to replace Chido.
If Surtain is there at 10 thats an upgrade over anything on this current roster.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Pitts in the first, Melifonwu in the second.
When’s the last time we drafted a Syracuse player ? Anyone know ? I’m not being sarcastic would love if we got a good one from my neck of the woods one time

Gaede

Reaction score
It is a dumb take because a) you can't expect a second-round pick to be a good starter and b) he is.

Ugh, dude, you draft second rounders to be good starters. If that's not the case, I don't know what the point of the draft even is? To have fun?

And b) he's not.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Jaguars signed CB Shaquill Griffin, formerly of the Seahawks, to a three-year, $44.5 million contract.
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the deal includes $29 million guaranteed for Griffin. The Jaguars are using some of their enormous cap space on a marked secondary upgrade. Griffin, 25, was among the best cornerbacks available in free agency. His departure from Seattle is a blow to the Seahawks' defense, which was graded by Pro Football Focus as 2020's 17th best coverage unit.

The deal averages $14.83M/year. Not a bad contract for a quality CB.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Id say. 4 years. Look at the moronic posts about how "this free agency" is Daks fault because we have no money. Yet you ask them why we didnt sign anyone prior to signing Dak and they have no answer. Its incredible lol
They were the same way during his entire rookie deal.