FEATURED FA agent thread

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Initially I liked the two tight ends they picked up but man.....this seems to have fail all over it. But one thing is for sure and that's they are better than what they had last year.

Never trusted Belichick with offensive key position drafts but clearly he is motivated to improve given Brady left for TB and won the Super Bowl. He seems to be trying to rebuild the 2 primary TE offensive formation set and if they land a quality young QB in the draft (Newton only signed a 1-year deal) then the signings will be much more interesting.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
I'd be satisfied going into the draft if we picked up shelton, Conley, kazee, perryman

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im really hoping for Casey Hayward

A fine player, no doubt. But based on his recent salary, sadly, I would put him out of Dallas' price range.

I would have liked a guy like Jason Verrett but the 49'ers got him back on a one year bargain deal.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A fine player, no doubt. But based on his recent salary, sadly, I would put him out of Dallas' price range.
I dont think he will get a huge deal at 31. It might look big on paper, but with small guarantees. A guy like Hayward could be part of that "middle class squeeze". Plus he has connections to Whitt and McCarthy, and wouldnt count towards the comp formula

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont think he will get a huge deal at 31. It might look big on paper, but with small guarantees. A guy like Hayward could be part of that "middle class squeeze". Plus he has connections to Whitt and McCarthy, and wouldnt count towards the comp formula

I hope you're right.
:thumbup:

fivetwos

Reaction score

I would have liked a guy like Jason Verrett but the 49'ers got him back on a one year bargain deal.
Wanted Verrett badly.

Was hoping the TCU thing would maybe be a factor but he is from Cali and apparently wanted to stay.

Good for him. Solid CB2.

DRella

Reaction score
Was hoping for Hilton in the slot but guess we missed that boat too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well if it was just about the money then he should have come to Dallas as that is what JJ is all about. As for Griffin, perhaps he saw the writing on the wall with talk of Wilson wanting to be traded out of SEA and as for the Browns, perhaps he simply did not want to play in a cold outdoor environment. I am not saying JAX will win the Super Bowl this season but clearly they are making moves to improve obvious areas of weakness.
Why would he come to Dallas when they aren't willing to pay him? Jaguars do this mostly every offseason. They have cap space and have to spend it and bid against themselves. Happens every time.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Maybe, but we weren't better without Jones. In fact, we were much, much worse. So how does that really translate, I ask myself? To me, it's not the DBs and their inablity to make plays on the ball. Truth is, INTs don't usually come off of spectacular plays on the ball. That's not how it works. INTs come when three things happen, typically. One, when you can prevent a Receiver from getting into position to make a catch. Two, when you can pressure the QB into making a quick or poor throw. Three, when you can fool a QB into making the wrong read in Coverage. That's where the overwhelming majority of turnovers come from. So the ability to make spectacular plays on the ball are really overrated IMO. Build a Defense that can create those three situation and you will get TOs. But that's not what this organization has done in the last several years. I feel like we are stuck on this idea that DBs need to create TOs with dynamic plays on the ball and nothing could be further from the truth. I feel like we are stuck on Deion mode. This franchise doesn't get it. There was one Deion and he's been gone for like 22 years now, figure it out guys. This is not the way to draft talent at DB. Build a defense that complements each other and works together. Stop trying to find the next Deion because guess what, that guy may never come and even if he does, the NFL rules may never allow him to be as great as Deion was in his time.

IDK.........
They were much better in creating defensive turnovers. The secondary is in a rebuild, where Diggs/Wilson look to be long-term fits. They still need another starting corner and free safety. This is the yr to get it done with all the fa's we have.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I feel better about possibly signing Kazee now that didn't go out and do it day. You really want to have some medical discussions about that achilles

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Or more
But many teams don’t have much money so if I was a player I’d sign fast before the teams with cap space get their shopping done
Look at the teams signing these players, all bad teams with cap space.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I don't really get your point, or why it's relevant to mine.

My point is that, if only 20% of second-round CBs turn into starters, you can't universally expect a second-round CB to be a starter.

I get that. Cool. Agree. Just saying that overall percentages for anyone in the rounds being a full time starter aren’t high so stick to the board and hope you hit if CB is your choice in 1st or 2nd..or beyond. Basically I wouldn’t avoid it if your secondary is trash....which ours always seems to be. Just sucks Chido sucked and in the same position again

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I feel better about possibly signing Kazee now that didn't go out and do it day. You really want to have some medical discussions about that achilles
Kazee screams trouble. Getting to the point where we’re going to have to go with whoever we get in the draft.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
wow the cowboys have the worst defense in the nfl and they sign old swing tackle and special teams players not a player to help the defense