Face it Fans, the Cowboys are a Badly Managed Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Oh, more recently? How recent? Where's the postseason wins?

What you say about the 2007 team in comparison to this one and it's future is pure conjecture. Fan fluff. Doesn't mean anything. You can't point to that opinion as proof of some different era.

The bottom line is this team is run today by the same people who ran it in 1996. We've gotten the same results too. Mostly mediocre. Occasional good year. Can't win in the playoffs.

And you call that well run. I call it a disgrace of a once proud franchise.
I tend to to to think In very recent years they're running it better.
If you don't, RIsen, that's fine with me

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
You cannot lead the league in moronic behavior and claim that your program is founded on the RKGs. Thieves, drug addicts, molesters and psychos are let to run throughout the organization. Randle, Gregory, DLawrence, N. Carrol, Zeke, Whitehead, Moore, etc. etc. etc. All the Calvin Hills and Jason Garretts are not helping us. We are a joke. Shame on Jerry and Red Ball. It is on them. They know the risks when they draft or pick up these knuckleheads.
:(:rolleyes::(:rolleyes::(:rolleyes::(:rolleyes::(:rolleyes:o_O
:thumbdown::angry::angry::angry::angry::thumbdown:

Yer' soapbox is hereby rendered " necessary material" for the War Effort!
move along or join the work details,,,:facepalm:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I love threads like this.

These threads let you know who would be absolutely horrible to be around offline. The miserable lives some of the fans on this forum must live is amazing to me.
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:
Other than reading 2.5 lines of the O.P.,,, yours is the first ( and probably the only one I will) complete post I've read,,,,:lmao:

Pokes12

Reaction score
Other than reading 2.5 lines of the O.P.,,, yours is the first ( and probably the only one I will) complete post I've read,,,,:lmao:
I am the biggest Cowboy fan and have been for a very long time. Calling out the management or rather the failure to manage bad behavior on the part of players is not a traitorous move. We all want our team to win. Hard to win with some of your best players on suspension. If you do not want address the question and just go la di dah down the road of another 8-8 season then you are not really a good Cowboys fan. Let us push management to do their jobs and keep the knuckleheads either off the team or in check if they are on the team. Management not only has duties to the team but to the greater society just like any other manager or parent in dealing with troubled personnel.

Pokes12

Reaction score
I love threads like this.

These threads let you know who would be absolutely horrible to be around offline. The miserable lives some of the fans on this forum must live is amazing to me.
You don't think we have room to improve? You think we should just continue down the road of fielding less than our full football team when we are competing for a Super Bowl. La Di Dah, if the players get suspended, so what. We will plug in another player of less talent and just hope for the best. Great plan. With people like you who embrace this dysfunction, this team will never be a winner. Guess that makes you a really good fan. Someone who is not miserable losing. I don't like losing. I guess you are the real fan.

Pokes12

Reaction score
From another poster who may be much more mature than you....

Now listen, I am a diehard Cowboys fan. Born in 1980, growing up throughout my teen years and into my early twenties my favorite player was Emmitt Smith. Things where good and I fell in love with the running back position more so than the more popular QB position. Once Zeke was available to us last year I was praying the Cowboys would draft him and when they did I was ecstatic. I knew what he would bring to this team. Finally after waiting 15 years I had my guy again.....My dominate RB to root for over the next 10 years, maybe more.

All of a sudden this happens. Well, this happened over a year ago. We all kinda put it behind us because the police department declared there was not enough evidence to charge him but the NFL continued there investigation. I have to say that for the NFL to suspend Zeke it must have found something. Forget the Roger Goodell and Lisa Friel, the NFL is a billion dollar industry with with tons of resources and they literally took over a year to get all there information. You think Roger really wanted to piss of 2 of the top 4 from then Mount Rushmore of NFL owners? You think he isn't thinking about losing his cake $45 million a year job.

I turned my head the other way when this was all dismissed last August but how can you ignore a 6 game suspension people? I understand the NFL got a lot of backlash for the Ray Rice incident but doesn't that make you think that there had to be or has to be something they found that is pretty incriminating. Just think, if you where the one doing the investigation and you went and where interviewing people and finding out that this God of a football player did get rough with a female don't you think your stance would change a little? Would you be so defensive for Zeke?

I don't want this just as much as the next die hard Cowboys fan but I have morals and one of my biggest morals is never put your hands on a woman. Never! It pains me because I knew we found our "New Emmitt" but now I father two young boys who are getting into sports and I really don't want to encourage them to have Zeke be a favorite to them. It baffles me how people on here forget that these players are role models to our children and they need to be held accountable especially when something like this occurs. Have we all gone mad just because it's our Dallas Cowboys? Well, I haven't.

I have rooted for and will continue to root for our Cowboys through some of the most disturbing and tough times, I just can not have my number 1, or my childrens number 1 be a player who puts his hands on a woman. Now if Zeke could turn this huge negative into a positive even just a little bit that would be great and maybe I could then reconsider. He doesn't have to become the next Ray Rice in that sense, the cases differ anyways, but maybe just be a voice against such a terrible act would go a long ways to making things right.

Having said all that I am 100% against the NFL giving 6 games to Zeke and only one game to Josh Brown. How the hell could they justify this? You mean to tell me that the 4-5 days of Zeke was any worse than the 20+ incidents of Josh Brown. Hell, even Brown was arrested for domestic violence. If there should be a fight to get this suspension reduced then Jerry, Zeke and the Cowboys need to go after this using Josh Brown and Lisa Friel and the NFLs double standards. Yes, that is the Cowboys fan speaking inside me!

This has been the HARDEST time of my being a fan for 20+ years of the Dallas Cowboys. Never mind the loses, the catch, the retirements, the bad signings, the horrible coaches and coaching decisions ect. This, Zeke Elliott. I wanted Zeke to be the next Emmitt. The next great running back for this team and he still might just be that but right now I will stick by my morals and what is in the best interest of my family and children. I will be switching over to a new favorite position and a new favorite player for me and my children. Lets just say there's another guy on this team from the same draft who reminds me of another one of my all-time favorite players from another sport......last name Jeter.

theranchsucks, Today at 8:07 AMReport

bigbob

Reaction score
It is a pattern I am not particularly proud of. I think we all know these guys are in their 20's and are enjoying their recognition and privileged of being a Cowboy. I have no problem with that. I am less proud when we bring in guys like Hardy. That is a direction I would prefer not to go.

I wish Jerry would realize that while some coaches can handle trouble players, Garrett is not one of them. Jimmy and Parcells knew how to deal with these player and make them fearful of their job and for the most part get the best out of them. Jason doesn't, can't or prefers not to.

Most teams are not full with bad guys. Most teams have good guys, questionable guys and guys in the middle who will go with the tide. I think that is where Dallas is. Some coaches can deal a little more with the troubled guys....I think Jerry needs to realize that is not a Garrett strong point.
Good point I know and Hardy was here and slap the clipboard he could have stepped in and did something but he did
not.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
You don't think we have room to improve? You think we should just continue down the road of fielding less than our full football team when we are competing for a Super Bowl. La Di Dah, if the players get suspended, so what. We will plug in another player of less talent and just hope for the best. Great plan. With people like you who embrace this dysfunction, this team will never be a winner. Guess that makes you a really good fan. Someone who is not miserable losing. I don't like losing. I guess you are the real fan.

I always want us to improve. Always.

If I had my way we'd never lose.

I hate to lose....when I'm involved in the competition. I don't care if some people I don't know, and never will know, lose a game that I don't have a direct hand in. Why in the world would I let that effect me personally?

I'm sorry but people who are miserable and angry and let it effect them personally, and their lives, when a pro sports team (Or any team for that matter) loses it's just ridiculous.

I didn't lose. I had no say in the outcome of the game so why the hell would I get worked up by it?

But hey if you're into being miserable about things you don't control, and can't control, by all means continue to do so. It gives me great entertainment when people post like this.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
You cannot lead the league in moronic behavior and claim that your program is founded on the RKGs. Thieves, drug addicts, molesters and psychos are let to run throughout the organization. Randle, Gregory, DLawrence, N. Carrol, Zeke, Whitehead, Moore, etc. etc. etc. All the Calvin Hills and Jason Garretts are not helping us. We are a joke. Shame on Jerry and Red Ball. It is on them. They know the risks when they draft or pick up these knuckleheads.
:facepalm:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The worst thing for the Cowboys are the millions that claim to be fans but are actually just losers that make the real core fan base look bad.

Few if any naysayers have a real clue about football and are rarely heard from when things are going well.

Most of these infidels are easily recognized on message boards because they post when bad things happen and hide during a 13-3 season.

The other clue is when they post negative stuff about the Cowboys and they live in places like Philly.

RoboQB

Reaction score
tumblr_mqpt4cWXEZ1rv4cqpo1_400.gif

Damn, that's funny! Might I suggest the scene from "Airplane" as well.

Pokes12

Reaction score
The worst thing for the Cowboys are the millions that claim to be fans but are actually just losers that make the real core fan base look bad.

Few if any naysayers have a real clue about football and are rarely heard from when things are going well.

Most of these infidels are easily recognized on message boards because they post when bad things happen and hide during a 13-3 season.

The other clue is when they post negative stuff about the Cowboys and they live in places like Philly.
Don't live in Philly. I am a Cowboys fan through and through. But I am not blind to bad behavior that not only brings disrepute to the organization but makes the rest of the team lose games they should win. Let's call it like it is and stop viewing everything through the lens of dumb *** fan glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.