Facebook Linked To One In Five Divorces in the United States

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3864035 said:
Hell, I did it with a woman less than 1 hour after we met at a university bar. I dated her for a month or so then met Contessa and the rest is history.

To each their own.

But there is absolutely no way that a woman willing to have sex with me the first night she meets me would even get to my car, let alone somewhere to have sex.

That's just flat out disgusting, IMO.

SkinsandTerps;3864522 said:
The part about putting your spouses first always.
If you don't look out for yourself you will be stepped on and taken advantage of even if they love you to the end of time.

And the part about not having certain deal breaking factors.
Especially, doing things that drive you bonkers. Who could, would, or wants to deal with that everyday for the rest of their lives. Only a man without backbone, or a sucker.

There are deal breakers.

I agree. In a perfect world, with perfect situations, the two would always put the other first but I don't think that happens much anymore.

And there are always deal breakers. Always.

nyc;3864655 said:
I draw up divorce papers while I'm applying for my marriage license. You know, get two birds with one stone. Multitasking! :laugh2:

lmao!!! I love that.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hostile;3865153 said:
121054d1231181462-coral-star-dec-26th-jan-1-thread_is_worthless.jpg

send a friend request on facebook and you can see pics of Contessa as I have a ton of her and Count Jr up on my page.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3865178 said:
send a friend request on facebook and you can see pics of Contessa as I have a ton of her and Count Jr up on my page.
Any of the skank?

:grin:

Don't know your name man. Mine is Mike Burke, Tucson, AZ if you want to send the request.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hostile;3865189 said:
Any of the skank?

:grin:

Don't know your name man. Mine is Mike Burke, Tucson, AZ if you want to send the request.

all right, will do

none of the skank, but I did search her name once and saw her, Holly Symons

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3865243 said:
all right, will do

none of the skank, but I did search her name once and saw her, Holly Symons
Nice looking youngster.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Thx, he can really skate too. Just have to decide whether to put him into a high end hockey club or leave him in our local one.

He speaks pretty good french too.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3866239 said:
Thx, he can really skate too. Just have to decide whether to put him into a high end hockey club or leave him in our local one.

He speaks pretty good french too.

Quelle tragédie.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Before the internet you had less options.
Now, you have a catalog to choose from.

Before the internet you had to really pursue and look for someone to cheat with.
Now, you can pursue MANY.

Before the internet the divorce rate was 50% ?
Now, ??

Imagine by the year 2020.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
REDVOLUTION;3866292 said:
Before the internet the divorce rate was 50% ?
Now, ??

Imagine by the year 2020.

46% in 2008.

2020?
Something will have popped by then.

Reaction score
I don't understand why people care about divorce anyway. It doesn't hurt anybody except the people involved, and if they no longer want to be together, that's their concern.

Now if we're talking about how tough it is on kids, or suggesting that people get married too soon without being sure, those things definitely suck, but it's not anybody's job to dictate to somebody else what they should or shouldn't do. It would be just as hard on the kids to see their parents break up even if they were never married and split after a long time.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Joshmvii;3866919 said:
I don't understand why people care about divorce anyway. It doesn't hurt anybody except the people involved, and if they no longer want to be together, that's their concern.

Now if we're talking about how tough it is on kids, or suggesting that people get married too soon without being sure, those things definitely suck, but it's not anybody's job to dictate to somebody else what they should or shouldn't do. It would be just as hard on the kids to see their parents break up even if they were never married and split after a long time.

Absolutely 100% agree.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Joshmvii;3866919 said:

Probably because it speaks of instability and a misunderstanding of what marriage is; which of course speaks to a breakdown in communication as a society. What is marriage and why suddenly is this problem? It may not seem sudden as it really is gradual, but it is unprecedented.

No failed thing can ever be looked at as a good thing and it shouldn't. It's sad on many levels, from misguided hopes and broken hearts of the people involved to the problems of a kid or kids stuck in the middle. It's nice to think you've (in the general sense) got it all figured out and every man for himself, but the reality is, no healthy society lives long in that mind set. People should care.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
MY cousin is a divorce atty and he said you wouldnt believe what people put in facebook. Its used for ammunition in the courts.

Reaction score
vta;3867163 said:
Probably because it speaks of instability and a misunderstanding of what marriage is; which of course speaks to a breakdown in communication as a society. What is marriage and why suddenly is this problem? It may not seem sudden as it really is gradual, but it is unprecedented.

No failed thing can ever be looked at as a good thing and it shouldn't. It's sad on many levels, from misguided hopes and broken hearts of the people involved to the problems of a kid or kids stuck in the middle. It's nice to think you've (in the general sense) got it all figured out and every man for himself, but the reality is, no healthy society lives long in that mind set. People should care.

I'm not saying a failed marriage is a good thing. What's your solution? Force people to stay married when they're unhappy? Or dictate to them when they can or can't get married in the first place. Neither of those is a good idea, nor would they work. As for misunderstanding what marriage is, what marriage is is a legal union between two people.

Whether the religious want to make it into something more, it isn't. My wife and I got married so that legally we'd have joint parenting rights, rights to inheritance, etc., not for any other reason. Our love for one another was the same before and after we got married, period.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Joshmvii;3867496 said:
I'm not saying a failed marriage is a good thing. What's your solution? Force people to stay married when they're unhappy? Or dictate to them when they can or can't get married in the first place. Neither of those is a good idea, nor would they work.

Obviously, because in life there are only extremes. Forcing people to do things. Glad you caught that; I thought I was too subtle.

Joshmvii;3867496 said:
As for misunderstanding what marriage is, what marriage is is a legal union between two people.

Whether the religious want to make it into something more, it isn't. My wife and I got married so that legally we'd have joint parenting rights, rights to inheritance, etc., not for any other reason. Our love for one another was the same before and after we got married, period.

Actually, the legality of it is probably what is causing the problem. People get married for the 'social bennies', then realize it's actual work and want to bail out. Loyalty and respect are going to go a lot farther than the legality of a thing. The law says you can be disloyal and dishonest within a certain framework. Yeah, you can do it, but no society is going to be healthy with people acting like that. Our society clearly isn't healthy and all aspects of it are suffering, marriage being one of them.

DA FAN

Reaction score
I watch Judge Judy all the time and have noticed an increase of cases where the Plaintiff claims the Defendant (or vice-versa) talked bad about them on FB... LOL

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
All of these notions and opinions are what cause people to fail. They start thinking they have to fit into some stereotype, or have to follow some sort of social norm.

Love unconditionally, whether you live together for 2 days or 2 years before you get married, and I think you'll find success.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
baj1dallas;3862851 said:
Yeah I'm not sure I believe those stats aren't manipulated somehow. I thought up a good way to do it before but I forgot it now.

Anyway people are weird. Why would you get married if you're going to cheat?
Because people don't always get in to marriages wanting to, or considering themselves that type.

Cheating a lot of times is a degenerative thing. It happens in steps, you do small things that are really unfaithful but not quite as blatantly unfaithful as outright cheating. You rationalize these things until slowly you're in neck deep.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
People who divorce because of FB were probably trolling for a date already. :laugh2:

I get annoyed with people that send private messages thinking it's Match.com or something.