Facebook Parenting: For the Troubled Teen

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414319 said:
Don't leave. We don't agree but I love the debate with ya. funny thing is we don't agree on anything at all except one thing. the Cowboys in almost ever discussion. And really, aint that the most important thing????

Well, I took a phone call and when I came back the thread looked completely different.

And you're right.

Cowboys are tops.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I think the saddest part of the whole video is the fact that he spent $130 on software and half the day upgrading the computer.

What kind of archaic system requires such a commitment? :D

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
He handled it poorly IMO. The root cause of the problem seems to be the daughter's resentment of her parents, and this will do NOTHING but cause that resentment to grow.

I get what he's trying to do, but embarrassing and backing a defient person into a corner only makes them more defient.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
However, let me say this as well: I don't disagree with anything he said. His daughter sounds like an ungrateful, lazy, annoying you-know-what. I only disagree with the way he went about expressing his thoughts on the matter.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4414295 said:
Since you have him in your avatar, I can see him in my prayers and God knows who he is. So try to stop me.

I am pretty sure this is against forum rules.

As an atheist, i actually agree with you about some of your points on parenting. I think kids are out of control and they shouldn’t have the freedom to use Facebook as a weapon.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;4414343 said:
I am pretty sure this is against forum rules.

As an atheist, i actually agree with you about some of your points on parenting. I think kids are out of control and they shouldn’t have the freedom to use Facebook as a weapon.

I'll reread them... but I don't think so...

Many on here offer prayers to sick relatives, deaths...

It's normally a gesture of kindness although the offending parties need to heed my warning or I will shut this thread down...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4414332 said:
I think the saddest part of the whole video is the fact that he spent $130 on software and half the day upgrading the computer.

What kind of archaic system requires such a commitment? :D

Ok, now that was my first thought.:laugh2:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4414350 said:
I can't believe he wasted exploding shells on his daughter's laptop.

It is a waste of money as since it is a Dell laptop, it will crash on its own in short order...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue;4414358 said:
It is a waste of money as since it is a Dell laptop, it will crash on its own in short order...

http://img864.*************/img864/9264/acerm.jpg

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
trickblue;4414358 said:

So what you are saying is that he did her a favor and put it out of it's misery. Now see, that's the kind and compassionate thing to do. :D

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
trickblue;4414355 said:

It's normally a gesture of kindness although the offending parties need to heed my warning or I will shut this thread down...

well it wasn't intended in that way I am sure but so be it, I consider the source and give it the weight it deserves

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
trickblue;4414355 said:

He has a long history of posting his religious propaganda. This forum is christian based, so i do understand the turning of the deaf ear to those type of offenses.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4414342 said:
However, let me say this as well: I don't disagree with anything he said. His daughter sounds like an ungrateful, lazy, annoying you-know-what. I only disagree with the way he went about expressing his thoughts on the matter.

perhaps, but we are only getting his side,

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4414363 said:
well it wasn't intended in that way I am sure but so be it, I consider the source and give it the weight it deserves

I truly do pray for your son. honestly, I pray for a lot of people I don't know.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4414366 said:
perhaps, but we are only getting his side,

When having to choose between siding with a working adult or a fifteen year old girl, I'll take the adult and be right just about every single time.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;4414365 said:
He has a long history of posting his religious propaganda. This forum is christian based, so i do understand the turning of the deaf ear to those type of offenses.

Yep! I believe in ***** ******. And while the Name will be censored here I make no apology. But I like how it is now labeled propaganda. Another forum rule is not to make fun of or otherwise belittle ones beliefs.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4414369 said:
When having to choose between siding with a working adult or a fifteen year old girl, I'll take the adult and be right just about every single time.

blech. What do adults know? Though some do know an awful lot. like hw to parent a kid they never met and decide to pass judgement on a parent who actually knows the kid. But the child is always right. :lmao:

Man some of these parents and parents in waiting have a lot to look forward to.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;4414365 said:

At the risk of derailing this thread even moreso, in what universe is saying you'll pray for someone "religious propaganda"? It's a kind gesture, only an incredibly arrogant, bitter individual would take their disbelief this far.

The way in which he used the phrase in this thread was condescending, but that is an entirely seperate issue.