Factual look at this offense and at Dak

Zman5

Reaction score
I blame Dak for holding the ball too long, not seeing sometimes obvious blitzes and adjusting, no hot routing to the blitz heavy side. Sure the OL can be blamed, I'm just not going to blame them for what I think Dak is capable of beating

Did you blame Romo for holding the ball too long? Many did. I know because I used to defend him like I've defended Dak.

In JG's crappy scheme, it's required. And that's not me just trying to be funny. Go look up Air Coryell offense. Unless the OL is playing well, this scheme sucks for the QB's health due to slow long developing plays. It happened to Aikman, Romo and now Dak.

black label

Reaction score
Hmmmm love them stats baby....like....

Dak has never thrown 4 TD in any game in his career.
Dak has started in 37 games and has 17 under 200 yards.
Dak has only thrown for over 300 yards 6 times.
Dak is rated bottom five in the NFL in passing yards.

Eat those and then post another fancy Stats smorgasbord post.....

P.S. Now lets not get into reality of the issue like he has zero accuracy and his panic pocket attacks....lol...

And one more item here....STOP using the word Hate you Dak supporters really hits the bottom of the barrel and tries to excuse his inept play to a world that doesn't belong here!
But but its the oline :laugh:

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Be interesting to see. While I still have no clue if dams the answer I still believe he has command of this offense. Against Washington he had no troubles throwing the ball. It’s the two fumbles that really did him in. Dak is still a playmaker out there.

I do think dak needs to learn to take more chances and maybe having a guy like cooper allows that.

Dams never truly had a number 1 guy. A guy that can get separation from a cb. Closest guy he has is Beasley right now and he gets Beasley the ball.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Be interesting to see. While I still have no clue if dams the answer I still believe he has command of this offense. Against Washington he had no troubles throwing the ball. It’s the two fumbles that really did him in. Dak is still a playmaker out there.

I do think dak needs to learn to take more chances and maybe having a guy like cooper allows that.

Dams never truly had a number 1 guy. A guy that can get separation from a cb. Closest guy he has is Beasley right now and he gets Beasley the ball.

For Dak to Throw the ball the WR or TE has to be soooooooo wide open even you could complete the pass. Now if you think that we will be able to keep our offense formidable with the above factor in play every Sunday then there is a Santa Clause i guess....

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Over 40% of the time DAL has 1 TE and either 1FB or a 2nd TE.
Swain plays 90% of the snaps
Jarwin 28%
Rico 10%
Schultz 5%
Olawale 9%

They are not a heavy spread team compared to most anyone else in football.
They rank top 5 in most 2 TE sets.

Here's the snap counts for all offensive players, in order.

If we were putting our most productive players on the field, Hurns wouldn't be getting snaps. He doesn't produce in yards per target, and has a low catch percentage. And we wouldn't be playing Jarwin at all. Not a blocker, hasn't produced receiving.

Between Hurns and Jarwin, Linehan is using a full time position on two of our crappier players.

Top 5 productive players - Zeke, Swaim, Beasley, Gallup, Austin.

Naturally Linehan being Linehan, I don't think we ever saw the lineup of most productive players. But I kind of like the looks of it, and think any OC not named Linehan could have done something with them.

Austin gives us a great all around run/short/deep threat. Best yards/target, by a long ways. Naturally, Linehan gives the most productive player only 25% of the snaps.

Beasley will get open if you don't double him. Gallup has been the bigger deep threat, but has a poor catch rate, yielding about the same yards per target as Beasley and Swaim. Again, I had been griping about Swaim, but really, he's about as effective as our WRs and can block.

With Austin out, I would have gone with Butler, to keep the deep threat alive, and who was very productive per target last year. Naturally, Linehan just cut him instead of cutting Thompson who we're probably cutting soon anyway to retrieve the 4th round comp pick.

Looking at the numbers, I see a lot of productive players. The OC is the problem.

We didn't really need Cooper. And looking at the players, I'm betting that Cooper keeps our most productive player, Austin, with a low snap percentage.

Likely starting 5 - Zeke, Swaim, Beasley, Gallup, Cooper.

Cooper should at least keep Hurns off the field with Austin.

Geoff Swaim TE 89.46%
Ezekiel Elliott RB 89.01%
Allen Hurns WR 67.26%
Cole Beasley WR 63.90%
Michael Gallup WR 57.85%
Deonte Thompson WR 37.44%
Blake Jarwin TE 27.80%
Tavon Austin WR,RB 23.54%
Rico Gathers TE 10.76%
Rod Smith RB 9.42%
Jamize Olawale FB 8.74%
Terrance Williams WR 8.52%
Dalton Schultz TE 4.71%

No. Player Tgt Rec Yds2 Y/R Y/T TD2 Y/G4 Ctch%
11 Cole Beasley 43 33 350 10.6 8.14 2 50 76.70%
87 Geoff Swaim 24 19 205 10.8 8.54 1 29.3 79.20%
13 Michael Gallup 22 10 190 19 8.64 1 27.1 45.50%
21 Ezekiel Elliott 36 25 175 7 4.86 1 25 69.40%
17 Allen Hurns 28 13 158 12.2 5.64 1 22.6 46.40%
10 Tavon Austin 9 7 130 18.6 14.4 2 21.7 77.80%
15 Deonte Thompson 18 12 103 8.6 5.72 0 14.7 66.70%
80 Rico Gathers 5 2 46 23 9.2 0 7.7 40.00%
89 Blake Jarwin 6 2 27 13.5 4.5 0 3.9 33.30%

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
that is your opinion, I've already stated mine. See the Jags situation, we have the same situation. Except their team already benched their QB...

Your theory flies out the window because of the first 24 games of Daks career. If he had been just as bad when the Oline played great then it would prove your theory. But the fact that the kid was top 3 in QB rating and was 18-6 and balling those first 24 games completely disproves your theory that Dak is the biggest issue.

Then of course there is the equal struggles of the great Zeke on the road as well. 22 carries for 30 yards proves my theory and again disproves yours.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Did you blame Romo for holding the ball too long? Many did. I know because I used to defend him like I've defended Dak.

In JG's crappy scheme, it's required. And that's not me just trying to be funny. Go look up Air Coryell offense. Unless the OL is playing well, this scheme sucks for the QB's health due to slow long developing plays. It happened to Aikman, Romo and now Dak.

Yep...…...5 stop drops, 7 step drops and its timing based. So if you don't have the time the receiver isn't there.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Davante Adams second rd pick
Randall Cobb-second rd pick
Lance Kendricks-second rd pick
Valdes-Scantling-fifth rd pick
Jimmy Graham-third rd pick
Geronimo Allison-undrafted

Dallas before Amari

Bease-undrafted
Hurns-undrafted
Thompson-undrafted
Austin-first rd pick
Swaim-seventh rd pick
Gallup-third rd pick

No one is disputing Rodgers talent, he is the best QB in the world......but let's not pretend Dak has been working with mega talents while Aaron plays with scrubs.

How about 1st rounder Dez and future HOF Witten (3rd round) that were on the roster last year when he struggled?

Or does nothing before 2018 count?