Factual look at this offense and at Dak

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dak is having a 10% sack rate this year, terrible for any QB. Romo's worst year was 6.5% with Rookie T. Smith, Holland, Costa, Kosier, Free. You're telling me our current line is that much worse than Romo's worst line? K...
Dak isn't adjusting to the blitz
Dak is running into sacks from a clean pocket
Dak isn't seeing open receivers, even when there's multiple options
We're 0-4 against home teams where our defense stopped them for 16 points or less, don't tell me Dak isn't a problem.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Pressured under 40% of drop backs, it's in a lot of articles. Not only are Alex Smith and Case Keenum(who both had great seasons last year) in that list but that list comprises all of the elite QBs in the game basically. Yes 40% is an arbitrary number I'm sure but a lot of stats choose arbitrary numbers. Whether you like it or not in games where Dak receives good pass protection he's had incredible numbers as good as anybody in the game. You act as if I'm claiming Dak is an elite QB and I'm not, what I'm saying is that he has a lot of good things about him which he should be able to build upon. He's still a very young QB and learning the game, it will slow down for him at some point. He will learn to read defenses better in time. There's still plenty of reason to think Prescott can develop into a franchise QB. A lot of you act like Prescott is absolute trash and is absolutely horrible which isn't true. Here's that list from the article you posted it's a whose who of elite QBs in the league from last year. Take these stats how you want, all stats can be interpreted however someone chooses. What I infer from this is if we give Prescott good pass protection he can win us a lot of games and get us where we want to go. I don't care if Prescott can carry a team on his own why would I want my QB to do that? All that means is we've built a **** team. Prescott absolutely needs to work on his game when he's under pressure. Nobody will debate that fact, it's the one part of his game that is really bad.
Passer ratings in low-pressure (< 40 percent) vs. high-pressure (≥ 40%)

Smith: 119.6 (94.5)
Prescott: 119.0 (74.0)
Goff 114.9 (90.2)
Keenum 114.2 (102.3)
Brees 114.1 (–)
Wilson 109.4 (107.8)
Wentz 109.2 (113.5)
Stafford 107.3 (106.1)
Cousins 106.3 (113.4)
Roethlisberger 103.4 (104.6)
Brady 102.7 (117.7)
Ryan 100.3 (117.5)
Rivers 99.7 (106.1)
Carr 99.5 (117.5)
Winston 95.4 (120.4)
That's my work, and it was first published right here in the zone. I sold it to Cowboys Wire, and then they spread it around.

I'm not sure if you understood, but those aren't all the attempts in those games. They're just the attempts from a clean pocket.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And those of us paying attention to the all 22 have seen a lot of missed WR's this year.

I understand you can do that with any QB but when your lucky to pass for 200 yards and the pass game in general stinks it's frustrating to see a play that could be made and a QB that lacks anticipation to throw the football to guys out of breaks.

This is where your dumbed down theory flies right out the window:

He never had trouble with all this stuff when he was a rookie. Or the first 24 games of his career. Now if you can prove to me that he did, then Ill shut up. But you cant. This inaccuracy, this throwing for under 200 yards, yada yada yada. It was NEVER in the conversation until game #25 of his career.

So what we need to do is analyze how its possible for a young inexperience QB to all of a sudden have these issues the more experience that he gets. Because it would be totally stupid to suggest that a QB gets worse the more he plays.

NOW...……….when looking at the "WHY" there are a whole host of credible and factual reasons "WHY" he has struggled. You would actually have to be a complete moron NOT to notice all the things that have gotten worse since game #24.

Or you could just be a Dak hating, Romo cry baby with an agenda.

So which one are you?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak is having a 10% sack rate this year, terrible for any QB. Romo's worst year was 6.5% with Rookie T. Smith, Holland, Costa, Kosier, Free. You're telling me our current line is that much worse than Romo's worst line? K...
Dak isn't adjusting to the blitz
Dak is running into sacks from a clean pocket
Dak isn't seeing open receivers, even when there's multiple options
We're 0-4 against home teams where our defense stopped them for 16 points or less, don't tell me Dak isn't a problem.

I always find it hilarious when people try to blame the QB for getting sacked. Now no doubt some of them he had something to do with, but at the rate we are seeing it, its laughable.

And YES...…….the Oline has been absolutely HORRID especially on the road. All you have to do is watch the games. Or just look at the statistics.

Dak isn't a problem? LOL Nobody has EVER said that. You haters just don't acknowledge the severity of the OTHER issues.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I always find it hilarious when people try to blame the QB for getting sacked. Now no doubt some of them he had something to do with, but at the rate we are seeing it, its laughable.

And YES...…….the Oline has been absolutely HORRID especially on the road. All you have to do is watch the games. Or just look at the statistics.

Dak isn't a problem? LOL Nobody has EVER said that. You haters just don't acknowledge the severity of the OTHER issues.
I blame Dak for holding the ball too long, not seeing sometimes obvious blitzes and adjusting, no hot routing to the blitz heavy side. Sure the OL can be blamed, I'm just not going to blame them for what I think Dak is capable of beating

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is where your dumbed down theory flies right out the window:

He never had trouble with all this stuff when he was a rookie. Or the first 24 games of his career. Now if you can prove to me that he did, then Ill shut up. But you cant. This inaccuracy, this throwing for under 200 yards, yada yada yada. It was NEVER in the conversation until game #25 of his career.

So what we need to do is analyze how its possible for a young inexperience QB to all of a sudden have these issues the more experience that he gets. Because it would be totally stupid to suggest that a QB gets worse the more he plays.

NOW...……….when looking at the "WHY" there are a whole host of credible and factual reasons "WHY" he has struggled. You would actually have to be a complete moron NOT to notice all the things that have gotten worse since game #24.

Or you could just be a Dak hating, Romo cry baby with an agenda.

So which one are you?

His rookie year?

Beasley and Witten.

Jacksonville? Beasley.

Dak goes as Cole Beasley goes.

Take him away and make him throw to his X and Z and you have today’s Dak Prescott.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
The bottom one is definitely the cowboys

Philly.gif

Dallas.gif

One offense is ours, the other is Phillys? Which is which?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
All I know is when he's pressured he goes into shell shock and can't see the field. His internal clock speeds up and he panic with any perceived real or not real pressure. I have never seen a quarterback lose his composer so bad. Jags game, little pressure and he does okay. Skins game with pressure he crumbles. No, I don't have stats, just eyes. No offensive line can cover for a guy when he goes into shell shock, real or not real. The guy plays okay until he goes into panic mode. No solution unless you invest more and more into the offensive line to blanket cover for him.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Hennessy_King one of the only dudes on CZ that be making sense lol you Dak haters are funny and won't give this man time to grow... Every QB misses open targets! the scheme is dated it even hurt Romo *no pun intended*

ClintDagger

Reaction score
The 8 man in the box thing is a myth. The Cowboys are pretty good at making sure Zeke doesn’t have to face that. What is not a myth is that Dak faces a lot of man on man coverage on the outside, AND teams bring pressure which means one side at least has no safety help. Good QBs salivate at that kind of thing but Dak is flat out not good enough to make teams pay.

Corners are sitting on routes and the WRs are beating guy with double moves and Dak almost never sees them because he’s holding the ball and staring at the rush.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Occam's Razor

The NYG and WAS are very hard to run on....... especially with Snacks Harrison

bcavi

Reaction score
Lol aaron rodgers misses people all the time. There was a big thing about it a few weeks ago about his missed reads. Every qb misses a guy. It's overblown with Dak. Omg imagine if we did it every single week with romo i'm sure there were a few. 3 missed wr's on 25-30 pass plays where he doesn't throw picks is ok with me.

Totally!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I blame Dak for holding the ball too long, not seeing sometimes obvious blitzes and adjusting, no hot routing to the blitz heavy side. Sure the OL can be blamed, I'm just not going to blame them for what I think Dak is capable of beating
No your just blaming dak for it all.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
His rookie year?

Beasley and Witten.

Jacksonville? Beasley.

Dak goes as Cole Beasley goes.

Take him away and make him throw to his X and Z and you have today’s Dak Prescott.

If that’s your analysis then it’s garbage.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lol aaron rodgers misses people all the time. There was a big thing about it a few weeks ago about his missed reads. Every qb misses a guy. It's overblown with Dak. Omg imagine if we did it every single week with romo i'm sure there were a few. 3 missed wr's on 25-30 pass plays where he doesn't throw picks is ok with me.

This is a lame attempt at trying to weakly appeal to similarities between two vastly different QBs.

Yes, in the most basic sense, all QBs miss throws.

Now, show me the prolonged period of time where Rodgers play was somewhere between autrocious and middling as Dak's has been?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
You are a complete dolt....
I said the leap was suggesting separation was the fault of the QB....
It's not.

Cowboys have people getting open and then they have people who are not.
They have people getting cushion i.e. guys who do not suck, and they have people who are NOT getting cushion, i.e. guys who do suck.

This has been broken down for you in bite sized detail but you are clueless.

Allen Hurns got more separation last year because he was considered WR2 or 3 in Jax not run out as WR1.
It is certainly not because people fear Blake Bortles more than Dak Prescott....

The next valid point you make will be your first so please forego @ing me and save us both the time.

I cant believe you are deranged enough to believe you have unearthed some great truth that proves the Cowboys WRs don't suck.
Newsflash dork, they do and all stats suggest exactly that.
Now take your focus meds and try reading this thread again and learning something.

You seem angry.

That's unfortunate.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
This is a lame attempt at trying to weakly appeal to similarities between two vastly different QBs.

Yes, in the most basic sense, all QBs miss throws.

Now, show me the prolonged period of time where Rodgers play was somewhere between autrocious and middling as Dak's has been?
This team is built around the o line and Zeke. Packers are built around rodgers arm. 2 different schemes with different identities, scheme, and personnel. No has the talent rodgers has tho