Faith or no Faith that the Cowboys can turn things around?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Presently, the Cowboys appear to have way too many lingering injuries that look doubtful for their recovery in the rest of their games. The level of my faith in this team's finishing well could best be described as minimal. Three games or so, with luck. :eek:

Last edited:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
It’s not about faith for me..it’s numbers now. We don’t have enough power to get back home..we’re Apollo 13 without the happy splash landing. So enjoy the good wins when they come,but don’t expect some miracle of them saving what’s become to me now an equation of names on a chart. It’s just not there...you need takeaways. That’s the life saving turnaround...that’s it. And for a defense with next to nothing in them? Not putting faith in a $2 quick pick ticket for the lotto.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Possible, but injuries are taking their toll. Ask this question again in two weeks....

nobody

Reaction score
I'm all out of faith when it comes to these half-effort players and no-talent coaches.... At this point, SHOW ME. They can talk about this or that all they want, but what they do on the field is what I'll pay attention to.

CB61

Reaction score
I don't know that remains to be seen but if this forum goes into any more of a meltdown we're going to have to book a group therapy session on dr. Phil show.

It's getting to the point that I'll probably be the first one to sign up LOL

BHendri5

Reaction score
Turn it around? Hell you talking like we are out of it. It is the eb and Flo of a football season if last season didn’t show you anything when we were 3-5 and people buried us then I don’t what to say to you

Diehardblues

Reaction score
One week at a time. And none bigger thus far than Sunday night. A win to take back 1st place will stop the hemorrhaging heading into the Bye providing more hope moving forward.

A loss doesn't necessarily end the season . Looks like it’s the NFC Least this year as worst division in conference which 9 wins could do it.

Major injuries offensively are taking a bigger toll than most are discussing. We’ve seen time and time again our offense less effective without all of its key stars.

Even with as much criticism as Garrett has taken history is his team’s continue fighting until the final week. I’ve seen no quit in them yet.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Like to think so as i'm a optimistic guy but looking like another wasted season.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Soooo much is riding on this game!

With a victory, they can heal up during the bye and come out strong against the gnats, probably have a good chance of going 5-3 at the half way mark.

If they lose...that's 4 losses in a row going into the bye week. Going to be hard recovering from that kind of freefall IMO.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It's a divisional game.....Eagles have the best run defense in the league. With injuries to OL, don't see us having much of a chance W/O huge game from Dak and D.

But these are the kind of games Garrett usually pull off......just when you're ready to bury him, he pulls a rabbit out his azz (lol).

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Turn it around? Hell you talking like we are out of it. It is the eb and Flo of a football season if last season didn’t show you anything when we were 3-5 and people buried us then I don’t what to say to you

Yeah, "turn it around". Unless you're happy with the current 3-game losing streak? Or maybe you dint have a problem with losing whenever we play a team with a winning record? Or losing to a winless team this past weekend? Maybe you're OK with that? Maybe your expectations are that low, so that this team can meet them? Otherwise, "I don't know what to say to you."

Big_D

Reaction score
"
Faith or no Faith that the Cowboys can turn things around?" ??

With Garrett still here?.....we have a better chance of seeing Santa Clause folks.

Forget our recent injuries.....JG would use losing the waterboy as an excuse for another bad season.

That excuse well never runs dry.

:clap:

And I would definitely take Santa as HC.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
After we got our ***** Packered in game #5? It's faith no mooreo_O

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Of course they could turn it around. This team still has tons of talent. There are some injuries now, but the important ones on the OL and Cooper will be back. Best of all for them is a terrible division. Just beat Philly -- who aren't that great themselves -- and you're in.

They're incredibly lucky that they only have to beat one decent team to win the division. In almost any other division, they'd already be cooked. Garrett has more lives than a cat.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Tyron Smith is really the Cowboys MVP. Without him the offense looks sick. Can't run, can't pass, can't do anything. The defense just sucks. I think the Cowboys can somehow win Sunday because i"ve seen Garrett escape before but I really don't know how. As for the rest of the season, this is not a playoff team.

And even with Tyron out you can cover for it with playcalling, help from RB/TE chips, line adjustments, etc. You are a lot less effective but you only have one hole to cover for.

But when both your OTs are out, you are going to get killed. Knight is a rookie UDFA and Fleming is fine as a swing tackle but still a guy no one offered starter money to when he hit FA. You can adjust for filling one of those spots, but having two at the same time is deadly.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I’ve learned over the years that JG is like a vampire just when you think that final nail is going in the coffin he pulls something out of his 6 and saves his job. After 3 straight 8-8 seasons bam saves himself and a horrible season bam saves himself hammer was about to hit the nail after Titans game last year bam saves himself. Until I see that last nail driven in I’m not counting him out.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Unless we get healthy, we will not turn this around.

Say what you will about other teams and their injuries, but injuries are not all the same.

It’s one thing to overcome an injury to Connor Williams or Frederick (when you have Looney) or a TE or a DT or Safety.

It’s another thing when you loose key players on whom your success is dependent.
Loose Dak, it’s over.
Loose T Williams, L Collins, and Martin, Cooper, your starting CB’s, and you have an enormous drop off that coaching can’t overcome. If coaching could overcome the loss of the best players on your team, then you could win with anyone on the OL or at WR or CB. Just hire better coaches and create a roster of JAGs.

Every team has injuries, but I’ve never seen the Cowboys without so many key players at multiple positions, players where the drop off to their backups is understandably extreme, at the same time.