Fake Rumor: Benjamin Allbright reports Garrett overruled on Elliott pick

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'm wondering why any Cowboys fan would waste time listening to some hack Eagles radio show.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Just reported at WIP Philly sports radio on the Josh Innes show. In the middle of laughing at us for taking a RB when Romo only has a year left, two at the most, Allbright said he had "friends who were there" and Garrett wanted Ramsey but Jerry overruled him.

Peter King must have missed this.

Dude like that....has no friends.

Busted.

jnday

Reaction score
Lol my source says otherwise.

Garrett has said that Ramsey jumped out when watching tape right before the draft, but Zeke stood out even more and it convinced him that Zeke was the right choice.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I read the Ravens did want Elliott?

smh... are people still insisting Baltimore didn't want Zeke? Hopefully, it's just the Canadian... stick to hockey, Canadian.

Jerry flat out said as much in the press conference... dude's an open book... couldn't wait to tell everyone he tried
trading up for Lynch... no secrecy in the Dallas FO... it would ruin the fun for Jerry.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Allbright is not a Philadelphia guy. He's actually more connected in Denver.

There are times he is right, times he is wrong. But he is more reliable than most, close to Schefter as far as I am concerned.

He is no Jay Glazer, who is never wrong. But he is no Rapoport either, who has been dead wrong more times I can count.

Alexander

Reaction score
I really don't care about it enough I guess, but it would not shock me. Garrett lit up when he discussed Ramsey.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Allbright is not a Philadelphia guy. He's actually more connected in Denver.

There are times he is right, times he is wrong. But he is more reliable than most, close to Schefter as far as I am concerned.

He is no Jay Glazer, who is never wrong. But he is no Rapoport either, who has been dead wrong more times I can count.

Neither Innes or Albright are Philly guys. Innes has only been there for a couple of years and most of the fans can't stand him as an outsider.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
smh... are people still insisting Baltimore didn't want Zeke? Hopefully, it's just the Canadian... stick to hockey, Canadian.

Jerry flat out said as much in the press conference... dude's an open book... couldn't wait to tell everyone he tried
trading up for Lynch... no secrecy in the Dallas FO... it would ruin the fun for Jerry.

Ozzie said it was for Ramsey. I think I trust him over Jerry here; I just don't see incentive for him to lie about it.

Alexander

Reaction score
Neither Innes or Albright are Philly guys. Innes has only been there for a couple of years and most of the fans can't stand him as an outsider.

I guess Eagle fans miss garbage like Pasquarelli.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I disagree. We've done pretty well in the draft lately, and I give them credit for that. (Though I wish we could hit on some late round guys.) But we haven't had a quality HC since Tuna - who Jerry wrongly ran out of town. He can't get out of his own way, and we're a lesser team because of it.

I would disagree on the quality HC part. It's all relative and opinion based. I think Wade was a horrible coach but I did like the hire when it happened because of his experience with the 3-4, but some Coordinators are not meant to be a HC and he is one of them. I think Garrett has done a good job. He has almost completely rebuilt this team from the disaster it was when he took it over and we have remained competitive in the process. 12-4 was not a fluke. The year before that, at 8-8 was a great job of coaching. Last year was disappointing and I think they should have done a better job so they lose some points for that. But overall, Garrett has been good and will only get better. But it is more than just that. The FO has been making the right decisions for the last few years in regards to looking for the future. They didn't resign Murray -right call, they have released under performing players that were being paid, i.e. Ware, the entire OL from 2010 (ha ha). I do wish Bill P had stayed another year or maybe two, we would have won a SB with the 2007 group, no doubt in my mind.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Both Jerry and Stephen originally said that Ravens wanted Ramsey so they discussed the trade requirements. Ravens offered a 4th, Dallas wanted a 3rd. Ravens did not call back like Jerry thought they would. Jerry made up some crap about Ravens "maybe" wanting Elliott.

Ozzie came out right away and rebutted Jerry's consiparacy theory about Elliott to Ravens. Ozzie clearly wanted Ramsey, so did Jags and that's why they were willing to trade up 2 spots for that reason.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess Eagle fans miss garbage like Pasquarelli.

They want homer hosts. Someone who will just tell them what they want to hear and anyone that won't is a hater with no credibility.

Can you imagine dealing with fans like that?

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I would disagree on the quality HC part. It's all relative and opinion based. I think Wade was a horrible coach but I did like the hire when it happened because of his experience with the 3-4, but some Coordinators are not meant to be a HC and he is one of them. I think Garrett has done a good job. He has almost completely rebuilt this team from the disaster it was when he took it over and we have remained competitive in the process. 12-4 was not a fluke. The year before that, at 8-8 was a great job of coaching. Last year was disappointing and I think they should have done a better job so they lose some points for that. But overall, Garrett has been good and will only get better. But it is more than just that. The FO has been making the right decisions for the last few years in regards to looking for the future. They didn't resign Murray -right call, they have released under performing players that were being paid, i.e. Ware, the entire OL from 2010 (ha ha). I do wish Bill P had stayed another year or maybe two, we would have won a SB with the 2007 group, no doubt in my mind.

Outside if 2014, I feel like we regularly under perform our talent level. I'll agree that we've made sound roster decisions lately, but disagree on the coaching. Garrett is supposed to be an offensive mind and he can't even be trusted to call the plays. He's not a leader and I think Jerry likes that about him. He doesn't want a power struggle.

Romo was a miracle and I junk h covers up a lot of warts. Had Jerry's call not to draft Romo in the 6th or 7th round led to him going elsewhere, I think the issues would be more obvious.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Just reported at WIP Philly sports radio on the Josh Innes show. In the middle of laughing at us for taking a RB when Romo only has a year left, two at the most, Allbright said he had "friends who were there" and Garrett wanted Ramsey but Jerry overruled him.

Peter King must have missed this.

:omg: