Fake Rumor: Benjamin Allbright reports Garrett overruled on Elliott pick

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Just reported at WIP Philly sports radio on the Josh Innes show. In the middle of laughing at us for taking a RB when Romo only has a year left, two at the most, Allbright said he had "friends who were there" and Garrett wanted Ramsey but Jerry overruled him.

Peter King must have missed this.

This is worse then the contract informant and Store clerk

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've never heard of such a place.

It doesn't sound like anyplace in Philly I'm familiar with, anyway. I think they nurture their hate over there pretty carefully. You know, like we do here.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I read the Ravens did want Elliott?

Depends who you listen too, apparently Pete King feels differently.
It's definitely not in Baltimore's nature to draft a running back in the first as it hasn't happend in fifteen years, meanwhile they have taken db's three times in last ten years.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
This was said live as Dallas was on the clock. John Clayton and Rappaport both reported this for ESPN and NFLN.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does it really matter when we kick the Eagles ***** the next 3 years... Who is going to be laugh then...

I've been having panic attacks ever since the Eagles made the trade up for he who was foretold to us.

Until that day of reckoning, I'm going to be hoping they just have a disaster of a season. Usually with the Eagles I'm rooting for a bunch of losses to get them out of the playoff picture and then some wins to hurt their draft positioning. With no 1st round pick next year and the draft potentially being held in Philadelphia I just want them to completely fall apart.

It would be a riot if...

With the 1st pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select.....

Followed by....

With the 2nd pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select....

It would be one of my favorite sports moments ever.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This was said live as Dallas was on the clock. John Clayton and Rappaport both reported this for ESPN and NFLN.

I have no idea if it happened or not. I could also see anybody in the decision making group having a preference and then going with consensus. But why does it matter? Clearly, Jason's happy to have Ezekiel aboard. Clearly, there were other good college players in that area of the draft. Why does everybody seem to think the Dallas fanbase is made up of nothing but giant babies who will lap up every sour-milk story that can be dreamed up? It has no bearing on anything whatsoever.