Falcon fans think Ryan is better than Romo

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If they think Matt Ryan is better than Romo, I can only imagine what they must think of how Weeden compares when they discover he'll be doing the honors for us. Here's hoping we hand them a shocker with an Atlanta loss being dealt from someone that should have them salivating at the thought of opposing. That'd just be sweet.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I live in Atlanta and can tell you the fans are looking past this game and chalking it up as an easy win.

We don't have our starting QB, #1 WR, lost our RB in FA, and lost a few key defensive players. Can you really blame them?

If this was the other way around, while I wouldn't automatically chalk it up as a W, I certainly wouldn't be worried about this game. Then again, maybe I would since we like to make mediocre players look like studs often.

windjc

Reaction score
We don't have our starting QB, #1 WR, lost our RB in FA, and lost a few key defensive players. Can you really blame them?

If this was the other way around, while I wouldn't automatically chalk it up as a W, I certainly wouldn't be worried about this game. Then again, maybe I would since we like to make mediocre players look like studs often.

I think Atlanta is in for a rude awakening. If we win or tie turnover battle and special teams, I think we win this one. Both teams have played the same teams and our defense has shown to be considerably better. Atlantas offense will be one dimensional.

I really like our chances.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I think Atlanta is in for a rude awakening. If we win or tie turnover battle and special teams, I think we win this one. Both teams have played the same teams and our defense has shown to be considerably better. Atlantas offense will be one dimensional.

I really like our chances.

Dallas by 3, or Atl by 3, or ATL by 28......

Macnalty

Reaction score
compared to Ryan he is. Falcons seem to go down the field more than everyone else

Not true this year he has been under pressure and throwing mostly three step passes maybe a couple of deep ones. That Oline is troubled and can be compromised with our guys playing their normal berserker defense. With Romo and Dez this game is a nice respite in the schedule, we will be leaning on the defense to stall the inevitable breakaway of Julio Jones.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
LOL.

Every fanbase has their share of nitwits.

But these, if you have been around them (they get real scarce when the team is bad) are very unknowledgeable. Perhaps one of the worst fan bases I have ever been exposed to. Bandwagon and idiotic.

Alexander

Reaction score
Matt Ryan is a 64% passer with a 184 /93 TD/Int ratio who over the last 6 years has had a low to high 90% rating.

You can win super bowls with that type of quarterbacking.

Has choked in the playoffs like the running meme on Romo says he has, yet he keeps his Matty Ice reputation. I guess a bobbled snap makes all the difference since he has one playoff win.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Has choked in the playoffs like the running meme on Romo says he has, yet he keeps his Matty Ice reputation. I guess a bobbled snap makes all the difference since he has one playoff win.

I am not sure he has the Matty Ice reputation anymore and the only way he gets it back is winning playoff games. Which is fairly true about most QB's whom are considered to have above average talent but have not won yet.

Alexander

Reaction score
I am not sure he has the Matty Ice reputation anymore and the only way he gets it back is winning playoff games. Which is fairly true about most QB's whom are considered to have above average talent but have not won yet.

Oh he still does. Just watch any broadcast. They drop the "Matty Ice" thing in all the time.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I like Matt Ryan. I always have. But I wouldn't trade Romo for him now.

When he first came into the league I thought I would have. But it's proven over time that while I still think Ryan is a very good QB he's not nearly as good as Romo.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Oh he still does. Just watch any broadcast. They drop the "Matty Ice" thing in all the time.

You may be right, but I think the Knucklehead announcers just like to throw that term around. But in my book if you want to have the name Matty Ice you need to win important/playoff games.

Alexander

Reaction score
You may be right, but I think the Knucklehead announcers just like to throw that term around. But in my book if you want to have the name Matty Ice you need to win important/playoff games.

Just listen to Jon Gruden. Will make you want to drink drain opener.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I like Matt Ryan. I always have. But I wouldn't trade Romo for him now.

When he first came into the league I thought I would have. But it's proven over time that while I still think Ryan is a very good QB he's not nearly as good as Romo.

Ryan is 5 years younger than Romo. I'm going to guess, Romo has probably 2 more good years left. (especially with the beating he has taken over the years including this year ugh) Ryan probably has closer to 7.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The thread lost me when it starts off Falcon Fans think. Come on man!!! lol

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Right, I think he led the league last year in yards per completion.
Yards per attempt, which he's tied for 6th all time.
Matt Ryan is certainly Super Bowl caliber. As is Rivers.

He's on the level of Eli Manning and Eli Manning helped win two Super Bowls.
Comparing the two is a serious insult to Matt Ryan.

He has all the talent in the world and 0 help around him.