Falcon fans think Ryan is better than Romo

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Just listen to Jon Gruden. Will make you want to drink drain opener.

Yes, but how long has the drain opener been aged? I like my scotch with at least 12 years. My drain opener needs at least 18 years.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The comparison is irrelevant at present. Romo isn't going to play. Ryan can be a very good QB. He can get the ball to one of the best WR in the game. Otherwise they are just a good team at present. If we run the ball and win TOP and can get some pressure and decent pass defense we can win as long as Weeden doesn't turn the ball over.

Ryan is not elite and Tony is. But he ain't playing.

RunDMC

Reaction score
compared to Ryan he is. Falcons seem to go down the field more than everyone else

Have you watched Romo at all? Serious question. He's always been amongst the leaders in yards per completion yet he's a dink a dunk quarterback?

Atlanta fans are tools. Ryan has not and never will be elite. At home sure he is, but he's a completely different quarterback on the road and not in a good way. He stares down recievers, folds whenever he gets hit just like Bradford, doesn't have command at the line of scrimmage like Romo, and holds the ball too long.

Aven8

Reaction score
I like Ryan. He is a good QB.

However after watching both of there games, especially with Coleman now out, if you can limit Julios big plays, and watch Hankerson will be fine. Now can we score? That's another questions, but they do not scare me one bit. There best player on defense is Durant if that tells you anything!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The first time I went to a Falcons game was in 1999. We didn't have tickets. So we found a scalper and bought tickets for $25...right above the tunnel entrance where the players came out.

Then Michael Vick came and it was the hottest ticket in town.

Until the following season when Vick broke his ankle against the Ravens in a preseason game. You could probably have found those great tickets above the tunnel again for less than $25 a ticket.

So what do Falcons fans think?

Well, you have to be a real fan first instead of some fly-by-night, flash-in-the-pan, only like the team when we are good, FIRST. Then we can discuss what 'real fans' think.

YR

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
MAtt Ryan tried to give the game away several times against the Giants and Julio kept bailing him out.

When he throws it to our DB's we need to get the ball.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Ryan is a great QB.
He's not better than Romo right now.
Well, maybe RIGHT now, since Romo is hurt.
But when they're playing, Romo > Ryan.
I'd love to get Ryan, obviously. He's younger by a good bit. He'd be great for us.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Ryan was a #1 Overall? Romo was undrafted and is better. That has to hurt... The article they're *****ing about was completely fair.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
Someone go post Romo magic for the person that said he's a bumbling butt fumbling dunce with baby giraffe legs and shut them fools up

ccb04

Reaction score
I live in Atlanta and they are all in my space. Had to set a few straight already. They all feeling pretty confident given our injury situation. I keep having to remind them that they haven't won the game (or anything for that matter) yet!

Need Sean Lee to do his thing this weekend. Pick 6 would be nice!

Exactly.

They should feel fairly confident given the Boys injury situation. It would be somewhat similar to having Julio Jones & Matt Ryan out for them. Not to mention, guys like Hardy, McClain x2, Gregory, etc. are out as well...plus the reports of Witten being banged up.

Ryan is good...just not as good as Romo.

I hope their team is as confident and/or ignorant, as some their fans...and overlook the Boys as well.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I expect the Falcons are thinking just like their fans. They will come in here and find out they are who we thought they were.

This is a trap game for Atlanta.

Tobal

Reaction score
Would I trade a 30 year old Romo for a 30 year old Ryan, never in a million years.

Would I trade a 35 year old Romo for a 30 year old Ryan, it would give me pause. Not because a 30 year old Ryan is better then a 35 year old Romo, because I don't think he is.

But if it meant my QB position would be solidified for the next 8 years I might have to consider it.

I love Romo, and I'm not sure what to think of Ryan, but if it kept QC and Leaf off my team for 5 yrs I'd have to think about it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Matt Ryan is a good QB. He isn't elite, but he is a good serviceable QB. (better than anything we had post Aikman prior to Romo) I think he is a tier-2 QB. He is a hell of a lot better than Ryan Tannehill. *** was the Dolphins thinking?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
All this talk about Romo is rubbish. Romo is not playing on Sunday. Falcons fans wish Ryan had Romo's numbers last year. You don't kick a man when he's down. The Cowboys will game plan the Falcons and beat them without Romo... then what are they going to say?

Aven8

Reaction score
Matt Ryan is a good QB. He isn't elite, but he is a good serviceable QB. (better than anything we had post Aikman prior to Romo) I think he is a tier-2 QB. He is a hell of a lot better than Ryan Tannehill. *** was the Dolphins thinking?

Spot on on Tannehill! I have no idea! Talk about inconsistent!