Fallen star: Why 2023 is a make-or-break year for Tony Romo

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Heck yeah! Pay's great, get to travel the country to the big cities, fine dining, hang out with football royalty, and you're not running for your life from 300lb gorillas. Not a bad gig at all.

I always wanted to see Emmitt in da boof calling the broadcast.

shabazz

Reaction score
One question. In a make or break career year, doesn’t that usually mean that there’s no guaranteed salary if the performance isn’t up to par? Doesn’t he have guaranteed salary no matter what throughout 2030?

Unless it make or break from NBCs point of view in getting their value?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I like listening to Romo. He's way more interesting than Chris "You got a guy here" Collingsworth and most other announcers. I wish there was a button on my remote that could just shut out the commentators and leave the game sounds.

Have you ever tried listening to a game on the radio and watching it on TV at the same time? It's really cool to do because the radio guys give out better info because the listener can't see the TV. Try it some time.

starman22

Reaction score
I like listening to Romo. He's way more interesting than Chris "You got a guy here" Collingsworth and most other announcers. I wish there was a button on my remote that could just shut out the commentators and leave the game sounds.
If I remember correctly, they did a game with no announcers. It has been a while since it happened, so it must not have caught on. I thought it was pretty cool myself.

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo is a competitive athlete. It’s pretty obvious IMO he’d get bored with the booth. He probably still has the itch to play, especially considering how his career ending.

Plankton

Reaction score
If you have a surround sound system, just mute your center channel. Problem solved.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Romo is a competitive athlete. It’s pretty obvious IMO he’d get bored with the booth. He probably still has the itch to play, especially considering how his career ending.
Was going to post this. He is an adrenaline and competition junkie. I’m sure he is bored but that’s way too much money to turn down. I have always believed he would come back to the game as a coach but he may have too money at some point to pull the trigger.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Article comes across as petty to me. As if the writer has a personal grudge.

It's sad that we have devolved to where social media is referenced as a valid source of criticism to be used by a wannabe journalist to toot his horn.

shabazz

Reaction score
So Romo gets bashed yet that imbecile Greg Olsen is beign praised? Lmao. That dude is so trash it's not even funny
Olsen figured out who’s boots to lick pretty early….I think one of the horses he bet on is gonna be turned out for glue sooner rather than later