CFZ False Achievement Syndrome

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Showing up for a playoff game is on the coaches and the players. It has nothing to do with Jerry and his ego.
They players are above that and need to motivate themselves. They do not feel they already have arrived because of the team or owner they play for.

This is a fan cop out because they need to justify their hate / dislike / displeasure for the FO and Jerry.
I’m sorry but the toxic culture our coaches operate under this dysfunctional ownership doesn’t allow them to have full control.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And you are one of the Booger apologists and think this set up is normal. It is not.
Some fans just don’t get it. Or don’t want to. They can’t handle the truth because it shines a dim light on their team.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And yet again, the dislike for Jerry gets in the way.
MM is in charge of on the field activities and game day.

Jerry doesn’t need to say …Mm is in charge….people know this, except the dislikers will not admit it…as
I said they need that for another reason to keep it all negative.
Not necessarily if he can’t make personnel moves like sitting Elliott when he’s hurt. Or is force fed his OC.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We see this in action in every walk of life and in sports and it is not better represented than by the Dallas Cowboys.

No NFL market gives more exposure to its NFL team than DFW, not even close. And this has been in place for a long time, well before the present ownership. This is only compounded by the national exposure enabling the owner to feed his insatiable ego and need for celebrity status.

The problem is two-fold. First, he wants to please his ego by making himself the face and voice of the team but the second one is the real achievement stopper. He allows his ego to extend to his players because he chose them, they are his and they must be better than the others just because they are his. He actually thinks every player wants to be a Cowboy but worse, thinks that's because of him.

What else explains the slow starts in playoff games? They think they've already arrived. All they have to do is show up. And this isn't just in the last one, it is in almost every one of them since Phillips took over.

The problem, and I do not see this changing until there is a GM change, is that the owner will not allow the HC to do his job. He even did it to Parcells with Owens. Parcells didn't want the #1 coach killer in the league and tried his tough love approach with "the player" only to have the owner double down and take him to breakfast every week to soothe his bruised ego. That same ego that had him on his third team because he couldn't get along with authority figures.

You can see FAS with the players. We saw that with Lawrence creating a nickname for a very mediocre DL, that's promotion. That's right down the owner's sweet spot. Promote it and sell it before it really exists.

And that's not the real problem, the real one is that he infects his players with it and does not allow the one entity that can keep that in check any real power.

The bucks start with the owner but the buck does not stop with the HC.

False Achievement Syndrome is simply they're just happy to be Cowboys.
I'll blame Jerry for a lot of things.....but I'm not gonna blame him for what Garrett did as a coach and what McCarthy has shown us to do as a head coach. McCarthy has free reign to coach however he feels. Now one thing I will blame Jerry for is how he's went about hiring his coaches. That for sure is flawed on his part. I don't see FAS. What Lawrence did was try to build comradery among his fellow defensive linemen. Every team does it.

Cowboys issues stem from the man is running the team and has no idea what he's doing. We could have a All Pro team and they'd still fall short because they would lack proper leadership that every SB winner has shown you need. There's been a blueprint on how to at least contend in the NFL.....he refuses to follow it. He wants to reinvent the wheel.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not necessarily if he can’t make personnel moves like sitting Elliott when he’s hurt. Or is force fed his OC.
I don't buy that's a Jerry move. I personally think that's all Mike.

I think we've gotten to the point as fans as we like to use Jerry as the excuse for why players don't play up to their potential and why our head coaches stink in crucial moments. To me it became evident that even Jerry gave Garrett enough rope to hang himself. He's doing the same with McCarthy. I don't believe Jerry is sitting there micromanaging the roster and determining how many snaps Zeke should get. I believe Mike likes Zeke because he's typically the type of back he's had on his previous teams. Pollard is his change of pace guy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Showing up for a playoff game is on the coaches and the players. It has nothing to do with Jerry and his ego.
They players are above that and need to motivate themselves. They do not feel they already have arrived because of the team or owner they play for.

This is a fan cop out because they need to justify their hate / dislike / displeasure for the FO and Jerry.
I agree.

I think in part this is why Jerry runs his team like he does. You never know who to blame. The blame gets misplaced. We can sit here and blame Jerry but he's not the coach. The same issues Mike has had as a Cowboys head coach is EXACTLY what got him fired in GB. Jerry was to blame for that too? You can blame him for who he's choosing to hire but I can't sit here and blame him for players or coaches not doing their jobs.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We see this in action in every walk of life and in sports and it is not better represented than by the Dallas Cowboys.

No NFL market gives more exposure to its NFL team than DFW, not even close. And this has been in place for a long time, well before the present ownership. This is only compounded by the national exposure enabling the owner to feed his insatiable ego and need for celebrity status.

The problem is two-fold. First, he wants to please his ego by making himself the face and voice of the team but the second one is the real achievement stopper. He allows his ego to extend to his players because he chose them, they are his and they must be better than the others just because they are his. He actually thinks every player wants to be a Cowboy but worse, thinks that's because of him.

What else explains the slow starts in playoff games? They think they've already arrived. All they have to do is show up. And this isn't just in the last one, it is in almost every one of them since Phillips took over.

The problem, and I do not see this changing until there is a GM change, is that the owner will not allow the HC to do his job. He even did it to Parcells with Owens. Parcells didn't want the #1 coach killer in the league and tried his tough love approach with "the player" only to have the owner double down and take him to breakfast every week to soothe his bruised ego. That same ego that had him on his third team because he couldn't get along with authority figures.

You can see FAS with the players. We saw that with Lawrence creating a nickname for a very mediocre DL, that's promotion. That's right down the owner's sweet spot. Promote it and sell it before it really exists.

And that's not the real problem, the real one is that he infects his players with it and does not allow the one entity that can keep that in check any real power.

I've always said, it's harder to coach a team with an 8-0 record than one with a 4-4 record. Their heads get too big for their helmets.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What qualifications do you have to question what Jerry does? I've posted with jazzcatt for some time and he's one of the most level guys in here. He's never over the top for being a optimist or a pessimist in regards to this team.
What qualifications do any of us have to question anyone unless we've done that job? jazzy and I have been sparring about Booger for years and I like him, we just are on different sides of this.

I would say that jazzy is an optimist and does lean over the top but that's OK, same for the pessimists or the Booger apologists. I can disagree and not be disagreeable.

As far as the job Booger has done, I give you 89-95 aka The Johnson Years v 96-21 aka The Booger Years. Does that answer the qualifications question? Or are results not to be considered?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who is giving him an alibi.
I said it has nothing to do with Jerry as it is on the coaches and the players.
Even though Jerry should just stay quiet. But the players need to execute the game plan and the coaches need to make adjustments.

Jerry is not on field, nor he comes to the sidelines anymore.

I made a true comment and fans are still trying to blame him. And if they do succeed, these same fans will not give him credit. It will be in spite of him they won.
I give him all the credit for going against the grain and hiring a college coach with a bleeding team. He was smart enough to let the people do their jobs.

The nepotism within this franchise is crippling it with nothing but yes people in sight.

Accountability and responsibility must be 100% to the HC. Even Mike Brown understands that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think we've gotten to the point as fans as we like to use Jerry as the excuse for why players don't play up to their potential and why our head coaches stink in crucial moments. To me it became evident that even Jerry gave Garrett enough rope to hang himself. He's doing the same with McCarthy. I don't believe Jerry is sitting there micromanaging the roster and determining how many snaps Zeke should get. I believe Mike likes Zeke because he's typically the type of back he's had on his previous teams. Pollard is his change of pace guy.
You are aware that Booger admitted to getting the game plan for approval each week? Do you think that is part of a GM's normal duties each week?

McVay went to Snead when he wanted to change from Goff to Stafford. He doesn't send the game plan to Snead for his approval, that's what he hired Mcvay for.

In any successful organization, every person in management must be accountable and responsible for their assignments. Every management job I ever had, I had total control and responsibility for what I had to do. That is the only way it works. Here's the rope, swing on it or by it.

Why do you think Booger kept Garrett for 10 years? Because he was more involved in the top level coaching decisions so how can he hold him accountable.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've always said, it's harder to coach a team with an 8-0 record than one with a 4-4 record. Their heads get too big for their helmets.
That begins when some become Cowboys.

When the Niners won their first one, DeBartolo built a brand new state-of-the art facility. Booger did that before they accomplished anything. Reward it forward.

The stadium and The Star? A better team deserves that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Then your misinformed. I guess you don’t want to believe .

But our owner has undermined our coaching staff . And not just this staff. It’s not in all facets but enough.

erod

Reaction score
The Cowboys are built to be topically relevant and provide a platform for the Jones family to feel like more than they are.

Nothing more.

This team used to be built to win championships.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys are built to be topically relevant and provide a platform for the Jones family to feel like more than they are.

Nothing more.

This team used to be built to win championships.
This is no longer the franchise most of us grew up with. And if not for Jimmy the entire Jethro era would be a Shonda.

Hardline

Reaction score

The Gospel truth.
Anyone who disagrees is dumber than a ******** billy goat with a traumatic brain injury.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Growing up and living in the DFW area most of my life and knowing personally thousands of Cowboy fans , I can’t name any who have been supportive of our owner since Jimmy left. Until I came on these fan forums.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That begins when some become Cowboys.

When the Niners won their first one, DeBartolo built a brand new state-of-the art facility. Booger did that before they accomplished anything. Reward it forward.

The stadium and The Star? A better team deserves that.
It takes so long to build a stadium that the team who deserves one would be long gone by the time it's finished.