CFZ False Achievement Syndrome

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Showing up for a playoff game is on the coaches and the players. It has nothing to do with Jerry and his ego.
They players are above that and need to motivate themselves. They do not feel they already have arrived because of the team or owner they play for.

This is a fan cop out because they need to justify their hate / dislike / displeasure for the FO and Jerry.

I agree somewhat but when you have 26 years of only one common thing....well where there is smoke there is fire. Again yes Coaches and players have a huge part of it, but if your honestly ***** how Jerry treats this franchise and how he keeps basically making sure the world knows he is in charge not his HC...well you reap what you sow.

fivetwos

Reaction score
And yet again, the dislike for Jerry gets in the way.
MM is in charge of on the field activities and game day.

Jerry doesn’t need to say …Mm is in charge….people know this, except the dislikers will not admit it…as
I said they need that for another reason to keep it all negative.
Right.....and if dudes like Demarcus Lawrence telling rookies not to pay attention to Garrett because Jerry is the one really in charge isn't a problem, then I don't know what to say.

Think it's different now because it's MM? He doesn't carry a single ounce of weight more than Garrett did and the players know it.

Or maybe we are just unlucky. I don't have a problem with anyone that wants to see it that way, just don't agree.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right.....and if dudes like Demarcus Lawrence telling rookies not to pay attention to Garrett because Jerry is the one really in charge isn't a problem, then I don't know what to say.

Think it's different now because it's MM? He doesn't carry a single ounce of weight more than Garrett did and the players know it.

Or maybe we are just unlucky. I don't have a problem with anyone that wants to see it that way, just don't agree.

That was with Garrett, and a mouthy DLaw. I don't really care for him and think he is over rated as a player. He talks to much and does not back it up. But that is on the field stuff.
I root for him as to make plays. But also will be ok once he is gone.

He hasn't mouthed off as much, if at all since MM has been here. So that tells me MM is more in charge than was Garrett. We have not heard "hot Boyz" talk for quite a while now. To me that is something MM put a stop too, not Jerry.
Too many fans hang onto the past way too much for such things. And as I said, they just look for reasons to bash Jerry and the FO when there is really nothing to it.
They want to cite 26 years, blah blah, but forget about the 3 SB's...oh, wait it was all Jimmy...no it was not....

fivetwos

Reaction score
That was with Garrett, and a mouthy DLaw. I don't really care for him and think he is over rated as a player. He talks to much and does not back it up. But that is on the field stuff.
I root for him as to make plays. But also will be ok once he is gone.

He hasn't mouthed off as much, if at all since MM has been here. So that tells me MM is more in charge than was Garrett. We have not heard "hot Boyz" talk for quite a while now. To me that is something MM put a stop too, not Jerry.
Too many fans hang onto the past way too much for such things. And as I said, they just look for reasons to bash Jerry and the FO when there is really nothing to it.
They want to cite 26 years, blah blah, but forget about the 3 SB's...oh, wait it was all Jimmy...no it was not....
The "Hot Boyz" crap was not stopped by MM, it was stopped because they underachieved, repeatedly.

And, personnel wise, not single thing of "them Super Bowls" was about Jerry Jones.

Maybe you were busy rooting for the Bengals then, but I recall it vividly.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Funny how the entire nfl laughed at Jerry for hiring jimmy. But Jerry gets no credit for hiring him. Jimmy thrived with Jerry's money. How did Jimmy do inMiami? That just showed you that you can't have success without a owner who doesn't give you the resources.
This is a very good point but things went off the rails when Jerry wanted to be more involved in the football operations and take credit where it was not due. Had Jerry continued to build the brand and let Jimmy continue with the team. Who knows what they could have done. Kinda like how Kraft lets Bellichek handle the team and he handles the brand. Worked out pretty good. Jerry couldn’t leave a good thing alone.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The "Hot Boyz" crap was not stopped by MM, it was stopped because they underachieved, repeatedly.

And, personnel wise, not single thing of "them Super Bowls" was about Jerry Jones.

Maybe you were busy rooting for the Bengals then, but I recall it vividly.

:facepalm:
typical hater talk and reaction.

fivetwos

Reaction score
:facepalm:
typical hater talk and reaction.
Nah that's me trying to respect your position for a while now, but about sick of you telling other people how to feel when you openly root for a second team.

Why don't you enjoy Burrow for a while and leave the rest of us to discuss what actually means something, as opposed to what you could take or leave?

The only real ammo you have is the ridiculously wrong use of the word "hater."

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah that's me trying to respect your position for a while now, but about sick of you telling other people how to feel when you openly root for a second team.

Why don't you enjoy Burrow for a while and leave the rest of us to discuss what actually means something, as opposed to what you could take or leave?

The only real ammo you have is the ridiculously wrong use of the word "hater."

I don’t tell anyone anything about telling how they should feel. If you are sick of me, there is an option for that.
Once again you are wrong.
Bengals and Burrow have nothing to do with this.
But as usual you insist on turning it all around. You offer nothing.

As for the rest of you and your discussion, as to your cronies, go start a haters only thread. Enjoy the misery.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
We see this in action in every walk of life and in sports and it is not better represented than by the Dallas Cowboys.

No NFL market gives more exposure to its NFL team than DFW, not even close. And this has been in place for a long time, well before the present ownership. This is only compounded by the national exposure enabling the owner to feed his insatiable ego and need for celebrity status.

The problem is two-fold. First, he wants to please his ego by making himself the face and voice of the team but the second one is the real achievement stopper. He allows his ego to extend to his players because he chose them, they are his and they must be better than the others just because they are his. He actually thinks every player wants to be a Cowboy but worse, thinks that's because of him.

What else explains the slow starts in playoff games? They think they've already arrived. All they have to do is show up. And this isn't just in the last one, it is in almost every one of them since Phillips took over.

The problem, and I do not see this changing until there is a GM change, is that the owner will not allow the HC to do his job. He even did it to Parcells with Owens. Parcells didn't want the #1 coach killer in the league and tried his tough love approach with "the player" only to have the owner double down and take him to breakfast every week to soothe his bruised ego. That same ego that had him on his third team because he couldn't get along with authority figures.

You can see FAS with the players. We saw that with Lawrence creating a nickname for a very mediocre DL, that's promotion. That's right down the owner's sweet spot. Promote it and sell it before it really exists.

And that's not the real problem, the real one is that he infects his players with it and does not allow the one entity that can keep that in check any real power.

The bucks start with the owner but the buck does not stop with the HC.

False Achievement Syndrome is simply they're just happy to be Cowboys.

The patriots have more achievements over the last 2 decades than any team will ever get again. That means nothing now. They are done, average, and even one of the top coaches of all time means nothing ( I think he knows who to thank for his achievements).

Achievements mean nothing the year after they are gone. Jerry is top of his money making game every year, no matter how the team does. That achievement speaks for itself.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don’t tell anyone anything about telling how they should feel. If you are sick of me, there is an option for that.
Once again you are wrong.
Bengals and Burrow have nothing to do with this.
But as usual you insist on turning it all around. You offer nothing.

As for the rest of you and your discussion, as to your cronies, go start a haters only thread. Enjoy the misery.
You don't rip people for giving their opinion when it's negative?

It's literally constant.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel like the biggest area of false achievement syndrome was last years 12 and 5 record. I feel like the 6 and 5 record outside the division was a much closer representation to what the team actually was as opposed to the 6 and 0 record in the division. Seems to me both players and fans had a false sense of what this team actually was: More of a 500 team as opposed to a 700 team,
That cuts me deep. We are so bad out of our division....I wonder why?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
This is a very good point but things went off the rails when Jerry wanted to be more involved in the football operations and take credit where it was not due. Had Jerry continued to build the brand and let Jimmy continue with the team. Who knows what they could have done. Kinda like how Kraft lets Bellichek handle the team and he handles the brand. Worked out pretty good. Jerry couldn’t leave a good thing alone.

Na, Brady made Bill look good most of his career. If Bill gets anywhere near a superbowl again we will see, but I doubt he gets close

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes there is constant negativity on here, you got that part right.
Well which point is it?

There's plenty of negativity here or you constantly rip people for being that way?

You're shocked when people are pissed about the last quarter century.

Say what you like, all fine, but we get it already.

To each his own, say your piece and I actually dont mind hearing it, but please stop telling others they are wrong for feeling a certain way.

Ya know, considering this is the EXACT place to do exactly that.

But it seems fun for you, so go ahead and block me. Cant beat, em, block em.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Na, Brady made Bill look good most of his career. If Bill gets anywhere near a superbowl again we will see, but I doubt he gets close
So Bellichek’s defense that shut down the greatest show on turf was all Brady? Or the defenses that shut down Peyton Manning’s prolific offenses , multiple times was all Brady. Or shutting down the Eagles or Rams in the Superbowls we’re all Brady? Got it. Makes perfect sense.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Your opinion and one I do not share.

Did you happen to hear McC say he had 0 involvement in the game plan or calling in the playoff game? Ever heard anything like that before? I haven't. Why would he say that? Think he stayed out of it on his own or was told to?
Would a leader do that?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
So Bellichek’s defense that shut down the greatest show on turf was all Brady? Or the defenses that shut down Peyton Manning’s prolific offenses , multiple times was all Brady. Or shutting down the Eagles or Rams in the Superbowls we’re all Brady? Got it. Makes perfect sense.

I said most of his career. But yes, if Brady was not on the other side, Peyton destroys the patriots all those years, and the majority of the defenses are not what they were. Bradys game winning drives, 4th quarters, and making players good, was really strong

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well which point is it?

There's plenty of negativity here or you constantly rip people for being that way?

You're shocked when people are pissed about the last quarter century.

Say what you like, all fine, but we get it already.

To each his own, say your piece and I actually dont mind hearing it, but please stop telling others they are wrong for feeling a certain way.

Ya know, considering this is the EXACT place to do exactly that.

But it seems fun for you, so go ahead and block me. Cant beat, em, block em.

Not even going to read your post. Nor any others on this topic. Not worth my time.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Showing up for a playoff game is on the coaches and the players. It has nothing to do with Jerry and his ego.
They players are above that and need to motivate themselves. They do not feel they already have arrived because of the team or owner they play for.

This is a fan cop out because they need to justify their hate / dislike / displeasure for the FO and Jerry.
Actually it is on the GM that hired the Head coach and selected the players to build the team. The GM should never be the face or leader of an NFL franchise. As great as Tex Schramm was being a GM, everyone knew the leadership of the team was the Head Coach, Tom Landry. After the Head Coach it is the QB if that QB is a leader of men (Meredith, Morton, Staubach, White, Aikman).

But it is impossible for a Head Coach to lead or a QB to lead when the GM is President, Owner, GM, and de facto Head Coach. When the press runs to the Owner/GM after a win or lost the NFL franchise is dysfunctional (see John Mecom Jr.).