Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who got the W? A banner day LOL. 4.7 yds LMAO
Passing 172 230
Comp-Att 16-25 24-44
Yards per pass 6.9 4.7
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Sacks-Yards Lost 0-0 5-40
But who was the better QB? If SF had a better QB game would have been over at halftime.

Deciphering and analyzing talent beyond or separate from the teams success takes more effort and insight.

Brax

Reaction score
But who was the better QB? If SF had a better QB game would have been over at halftime.

Deciphering and analyzing talent beyond or separate from the teams success takes more effort and insight.
The better QB was JG thru the full 4 quarters, if you believe otherwise that’s ok. It doesn’t take insight just watch the game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Garrett stayed as long as he did because Jerry did not want to admit his mistake. Until he really had no choice. If you remember when Garrett was let go Jerry was apparently still wanting him to stay and it was pretty much everyone else wanting him to go.
I mean...essentially that's what I said. He liked him and he thought he was his next Jimmy. But yeah, he didn't want to admit his mistake. For sure. Well...I don't know.....Jerry over the years has had no problems admitting a mistake. He's let guys go lately it seems. I think with Garrett...he was never bad enough to simply fire. He made the playoffs and when he didn't it seemed like he always had the excuse of this or that. Just to enough for Jerry to keep him employed. Had he gave us a few more 4 win seasons he probably wOuld've been gone.

75boyz

Reaction score
In the past 12 years Jerry has assigned 2 OCs to 2 different Head coaches before the HC was hired because he has little respect for head coaches.

500 coaches could coach this team to a trophy based off the talent I bring in still rings true.

Jerry remains the behind the scenes coach. Not the game day decision maker but he sets the culture, discipline and accountability of the team in all areas usually reserved for the appointed HC.

This is the foundation of the dysfunction.

Being accountable to Jerry and NOT the HC, this is not normal NFL team chain of command SOP.

It is unique to this organization alone.

So as the title of this OP suggests, the False Achievement Syndrome is alive and well and will continue as long as Jerry sees that the team is still run his way.
And that is to say, plenty of profit, plenty of publicity but ultimately resulting in plenty of post season failure.

And everything BUT Jerry himself will continue to be blamed for lack of onfield success because of an inability to accept the truth that the first head coach he hired was and still is the foundation to all the trophies that were won 27 years ago.

He is incapable of accepting this truth and yet these over qtr century's team results speak clearly for him.

Last edited:

Rodney308

Reaction score
I agree.

I think in part this is why Jerry runs his team like he does. You never know who to blame. The blame gets misplaced. We can sit here and blame Jerry but he's not the coach. The same issues Mike has had as a Cowboys head coach is EXACTLY what got him fired in GB. Jerry was to blame for that too? You can blame him for who he's choosing to hire but I can't sit here and blame him for players or coaches not doing their jobs.

So, do we blame Jerry for neutering his head coaches? Hiring Jason Garrett as an Offensive Coordinator before hiring a head coach is a move that no other GM would ever make. And I personally do not believe that Mike McCarthy would have kept Kellen Moore around unless it was a requirement of Jerry. Heck, Jason Garrett was still in the building when Mike McCarthy was hired. So, I agree that we cannot blame him for players or coaches not doing their job, but we can blame him for being a very horrible General Manager. I think it is clear to any reasonable person that the buck stops with Jerry and not with the head coach.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Go route for one of the 12 teams that never won a SB. :grin:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What you see in public is what they want you to see.
Contrary to your thoughts most have seen it for what it is. Believe what you will.

If you don’t see this ownership as meddling and toxic then you are of a very small segment. I guess you think Jethro is what’s best for Cowboys Football.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The better QB was JG thru the full 4 quarters, if you believe otherwise that’s ok. It doesn’t take insight just watch the game.
It’s not a matter of what I believe.

Shoot, there are some fans who think the winning teams QB is always the best QB that day.

Jimmy G wasn’t why SF won but Dak was why we had a chance regardless of other aspects we were dominated in.

If we had swapped QB’s 49ers with their dominance would have blown us out.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So, do we blame Jerry for neutering his head coaches? Hiring Jason Garrett as an Offensive Coordinator before hiring a head coach is a move that no other GM would ever make. And I personally do not believe that Mike McCarthy would have kept Kellen Moore around unless it was a requirement of Jerry. Heck, Jason Garrett was still in the building when Mike McCarthy was hired. So, I agree that we cannot blame him for players or coaches not doing their job, but we can blame him for being a very horrible General Manager. I think it is clear to any reasonable person that the buck stops with Jerry and not with the head coach.
Yep and why the results haven’t varied much this era regardless who our HC is. They are all puppets.

Fans who don’t realize how critical this toxic culture is aren’t paying attention. It’s why the other 30 teams don’t follow our model.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Your last sentence. Then why did he hire Parcells and acquiesce control of the coaches and players to him?

And you seem to be doing more ranting than I am, I am just pointing out my observations and using my shift key better than you are.
simple he hired parcels to hopefully improve the team, its what owners and gms do hire coaches they believe can help improve the team..

BTW Jerry allows Most of his coaches to do this, rare he doesn't, this isn't 1997-2000 where jerry was truly horrible. Its been different for a very long time and you are trying to read into narratives that aren't true about Jerrys micromanaging the coaches and forcing staff on them. Not true..

Jerry has right as any owner does to add to or build a new stadium anytime for any reason without a fan trying to tell him how and when it should have been done.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You confuse team and extracurricular activities with both Parcells and Johnson. Their concern was for them being available to play.

Lawrence Taylor was not a problem on the team, Owens was on two different teams and for the very same thing. If you think any HC is going to sit still for a player disrespecting a coach in front of the team, you never played ball. In that regard, football reflects the military.
sorry

its always been BMOC and always will be for the SUPERstars,,they are treated differently by ALL coaches including Parcells get passed it they allowed nonsense form small group regardless, ill take 2 TOS over any Amari cooper, any day because he was one of the truly greats and was very passionate like many dez, Irvin, and Keyshon etc cooper is not great, hes very good and cant hold candle to to even Dez in his prime, hes overrated..

its odd how many teams picked up those players and in today's game how many chances did Brown get on good teams with great coaches because he was great?? its still going on if you can play you are treated differently, period. I mean how did brady allow it how did Arians allow it i mean other teams pick these payers up regardless of antics.

Lastly, i played HS football and what you dont realize is this isnt HS or college nor is it the 60s-80s where the giant contracts, salary caps, and FA effected the game to point you can not just cut or sit these superstars. its not the same and hasnt been for a while,

that makes ownership and being a GM much different as well..nothig close to the military in the NFL not since the 90s..thasts over the unions, cap, and star power of the giant contracts has changed that..they can't even practice very hard without fines etc

Brax

Reaction score
It’s not a matter of what I believe.

Shoot, there are some fans who think the winning teams QB is always the best QB that day.

Jimmy G wasn’t why SF won but Dak was why we had a chance regardless of other aspects we were dominated in.

If we had swapped QB’s 49ers with their dominance would have blown us out.
I respect your opinion but Dak had 2 chances to win the game in the final minutes and didn’t impress. I don’t go by what if , maybe or if pig’s can fly, I go by what happened and unfortunately Dak had another poor game when it counted.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I respect your opinion but Dak had 2 chances to win the game in the final minutes and didn’t impress. I don’t go by what if , maybe or if pig’s can fly, I go by what happened and unfortunately Dak had another poor game when it counted.
I agree. We had a very poor game.
We really had no business even being in that game.

But our QB play wasn’t our greatest weakness . As a matter of fact only reason we had a shot in the end.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
simple he hired parcels to hopefully improve the team, its what owners and gms do hire coaches they believe can help improve the team..

BTW Jerry allows Most of his coaches to do this, rare he doesn't, this isn't 1997-2000 where jerry was truly horrible. Its been different for a very long time and you are trying to read into narratives that aren't true about Jerrys micromanaging the coaches and forcing staff on them. Not true..

Jerry has right as any owner does to add to or build a new stadium anytime for any reason without a fan trying to tell him how and when it should have been done.
Do you believe Jethro being owner and GM is an advantage or disadvantage for Cowboys Football?

Brax

Reaction score
I agree. We had a very poor game.
We really had no business even being in that game.

But our QB play wasn’t our greatest weakness . As a matter of fact only reason we had a shot in the end.
I don’t want to turn this into a Dak thread, he wasn’t the greatest weakness but he was responsible for the end of the game screw up and poor play for the majority of it. You can have the last word if you feel the need it is what it is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t want to turn this into a Dak thread, he wasn’t the greatest weakness but he was responsible for the end of the game screw up and poor play for the majority of it. You can have the last word if you feel the need it is what it is.
I’m not sure why we expect our QB to bail out an otherwise poor team performance and blame him for the loss. When he was the only chance we had in a game we were dominated in.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You blame Jerry for all of that. McCarthy knew if he came here Kellen was gonna be apart of his staff. He also knew Nolan sucked and still brought him in…..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Contrary to your thoughts most have seen it for what it is. Believe what you will.

If you don’t see this ownership as meddling and toxic then you are of a very small segment. I guess you think Jethro is what’s best for Cowboys Football.
I hate when you guys can’t back your point up so you resort to the “you think Jerry is what’s best for Cowboy football” drivel that no one ever said. It’s lazy and insulting.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hate when you guys can’t back your point up so you resort to the “you think Jerry is what’s best for Cowboy football” drivel that no one ever said. It’s lazy and insulting.
The info I referred to was out there for anyone who follows the Cowboys closely. You didn’t deny it , you just dismissed it as info they wanted us know Jethro intentionally wanting to make his HC look bad. Yea right.

And I’ll ask again so I know where you stand , do you think our owner is an advantage or disadvantage to Cowboys Football.