Fate of Davis - Board Says?

Reaction score
Well I think it's safe to assume so far that he wasn't getting up at 5:00 AM to go to church, unless he was considering some woman he was with for the missionary position.

Parcells has always been about not putting yourself in positions where bad things can happen to you. No matter where you live, the news on Saturday or Sunday mornings is usally the same - some guy somewhere gets stabbed, shot, killed etc and it always happens after 1:00 AM and they're always at parties where alcohol and drugs are present. Not usually an NFL player, but it's always someone. Don't go there, and bad things are significantly less likely to happen to you.

Maybe this was the one time that it doesn't hold true, but given his previous history of getting shot, well I think I know where the smart money is betting this one.

superpunk

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
The fact of the matter is that if he had not been at the wrong place, at the wrong time, he would not be in this situation.

This is probably true for most innocent people that get shot, don't you think?

There is serious DOUBT. I just think everyone should stop talking like they know something - stop acting like they know Davis could have avoided this. For all you, or anyone else, know - Davis is simply a victim. You can speculate all you want, but it's pretty lame to be casting stones for this. He can be castigated all you want for lying - that was exceedingly stupid. But other than that - there is nothing to suggest he was anything but a victim.

He went to a party - he came home late - he got shot. Any relationship between those things has yet to be established - so stop acting like it has.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
superpunk said:
This is probably true for most innocent people that get shot, don't you think?

There is serious DOUBT. I just think everyone should stop talking like they know something - stop acting like they know Davis could have avoided this. For all you, or anyone else, know - Davis is simply a victim. You can speculate all you want, but it's pretty lame to be casting stones for this. He can be castigated all you want for lying - that was exceedingly stupid. But other than that - there is nothing to suggest he was anything but a victim.

He went to a party - he came home late - he got shot. Any relationship between those things has yet to be established - so stop acting like it has.

LOL...... your cute.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep him, let him earn his place on the team. Nothing has been proven to this point. So we judge a player for going to a private party, well i'm not. Nothing says if he had been drinking, or doing drugs. How many of us been to private party's and left in the early morning hours. I know I have. Let him be, unless other facts come out suggesting something worse was going on.

Now I can see BP & JJ letting him be a marginal player, maybe even looking for a reason to cut him on performance, and not this incident only. We all will just have to wait and see how it unfolds.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
Keep him, let him earn his place on the team. Nothing has been proven to this point. So we judge a player for going to a private party, well i'm not. Nothing says if he had been drinking, or doing drugs. How many of us been to private party's and left in the early morning hours. I know I have. Let him be, unless other facts come out suggesting something worse was going on.

Now I can see BP & JJ letting him be a marginal player, maybe even looking for a reason to cut him on performance, and not this incident only. We all will just have to wait and see how it unfolds.

I've been out late to parties too, but, I'm not a rich football player for the Dallas Cowboys, driving a rigged out car, leaning back in the "gansta position", on my way to Church at 5:00 am, bringing along a hooker to have her saved by the Pastor...and I was not shot a few years earlier...

How about you?

:star:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars said:
I've been out late to parties too, but, I'm not a rich football player for the Dallas Cowboys, driving a rigged out car, leaning back in the "gansta position", on my way to Church at 5:00 am, bringing along a hooker to have her saved by the Pastor...and I was not shot a few years earlier...

How about you?

:laugh1: good point, but that was not the point I was getting at. Let's not hold these guys to a higher standard here. Yes, the are highly paid, rich sports stars, however we are not talking about Einsteins here. Yes, you think, they would think, before they do anything stupid, but they as many non-sports people do, they don't think.

I'm just saying I'll have a wait and see approach.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
:laugh1: good point, but that was not the point I was getting at. Let's not hold these guys to a higher standard here. Yes, the are highly paid, rich sports stars, however we are not talking about Einsteins here. Yes, you think, they would think, before they do anything stupid, but they as many non-sports people do, they don't think.

I agree with you...I was just being stupid!

:)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:

How would you characterize this as holding them to a higher standard?

I understand going to parties. I understand chasing women. I understand all that goes along with being 25 years old, or so.

I also understand being without a job. I understand how rare an opportunity it is to make millions of dollars in any given field.

This is not about understanding young poeple. It's about understanding the fact that regardless of age, you are expected to have a certain amount of commen sense. This is true at any age, about anybody, in any profession.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
we arent good enough at FS for us to be cutting players that are at least decent, if we had signed Smith then yeah i would probably would have said Cut his ***!!!

superpunk

Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
we arent good enough at FS for us to be cutting players that are at least decent, if we had signed Smith then yeah i would probably would have said Cut his ***!!!

We drafted Inspector Gadget.

kenobi_011.jpg

You are not concerned.

MONT17

Reaction score
I would cut Davis because he has ugly goatee? and a dorky name!!!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY said:
LOL...... your cute.

His cute....what?

Perhaps I can clear this up: SuperPunk is right, and ABQCOWBOY is wrong.

Your welcome.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Well It looks like majority of the fans wants Keith Davis to stay.:starspin

AND KEITH DAVIS WILL STAY.:)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

As long as Bill say so or until the next time he is shot. :lmao2:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

Sure he will.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Had he never been out at 5 AM in the morning, "On his way to Church" apparently, he never would have been shot. Had he been focused on staying out of potential trouble situations, he probably would have elected to not be on the streets at 5 in the AM.

I'm not making anything up. I'm simply laying out what has already been reported.

the only thing Keith Davis was guilty of that lead him to get shot, was driving in a nice vehicle, you got nothing dude