Favorite Beatles Song

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
This is awesome! Possibly the best interview I've ever seen! Hey @Trouty, you see this?
I don't know but I'm diving in, Runny. I've seen so many. Would love for this to be a first.

edit -- haven't and loving it. @Vtwin. Thanks man. Digging the hell out of this. Paul is so gorgeous. What a good sport and vivacious soul, even has he gets into his later years.

I'm madly, madly in love with Paul.

Love this.

Edit further, this is tearing me up.

Edit again -- Paul playing When I'm 64 on the piano, letting loose, this is really fantastic.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Dude, this should almost have a thread of its own!
It should. It's incredible. I have no blithering clue how I've missed this.

LOL Hard Days Night to a unsuspecting group of pub goers. LOL! WOW

NO HE ISN'T DOING Ob-La-Di now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then Back in the USSR and now Hey Jude. End me. I would've paid a grand to be in that pub.

Top-5 The Beatles interview I've ever seen. I will watch this many, many times when I get drunk. @Vtwin

Truly, thank you for posting this.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Let it Be.

As much as I dislike James Corden this interview with McCartney was fantastic.

Did you discover this on your own or did someone turn you on to it, brother? I don't know the host.

My most recent content that was fresh was Eight Days a Week on Hulu, which was incredible.

Thanks again, V. You just made my day. This is part of my The Beatles lexicon forever.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Paul and John go in to Paul's living room to sing "She Loves You" to Paul's musician father, and after hearing them play the whole song, Paul's father replies: "it's a nice song guys... but there's enough of these Americanisms around, couldn't you sing "yes yes yes"" :laugh::laugh:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
" Blackbird " is absolutely up there in the top three of their tunes with me,,,"Hey Bulldog" is probably #1 on my chart.
It’s my number three all-time, Mel. It’s exquisite in its simile and imagery. And the Anthology (I know I keep harping on this) version is perfection.

Hey Bulldog, wow! Nice one! Yellow Submarine is such a wonderful album. At one point, when I first was discovering The Beatles, this was my favorite album (due, mainly, because of All You Need is Love; but it led me to the album). I know it gets **** on, but never by true fans of the band. And there is so much similarity to Lady Madonna, beyond the piano. Upbeat. Catchy. Just a gorgeous melody.

Side note: Lady Madonna is a top-ten song for me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Did you discover this on your own or did someone turn you on to it, brother? I don't know the host.

My most recent content that was fresh was Eight Days a Week on Hulu, which was incredible.

Thanks again, V. You just made my day. This is part of my The Beatles lexicon forever.
He's the host of The Late, Late Show. I forget what network, but you may have seen him in the Keurig commercial, where he goes into a neighborhood, hawking the coffee maker to "random" denizens of the area.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
He's the host of The Late, Late Show. I forget what network, but you may have seen him in the Keurig commercial, where he goes into a neighborhood, hawking the coffee maker to "random" denizens of the area.
No clue. Not a fan of late night TV now that Letterman is gone. Still, appreciate the background info, Runny

Also, I brew my coffee the old school way, **** Keurig :muttley:

With that said, he was excellent (minus the canned laugh tracks — they just don’t ever do it for me — reminds me “TGIF” sitcoms; somewhat distracting from full immersion), the interview and bits were pure perfection.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

Glad you enjoyed it Trouty.

Corden is the host of the Late Late Show on CBS. I work second shift and got home and turned on the TV just as this was getting started. Thankfully my wife had been watching that channel before she went to bed.

The sincerity in Paul and in the people he encountered was very powerful. To the point of choking me up a bit a time or two.

I can't even imagine being in that pub.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
George Martin was such an amazing talent/mgr. And Phil Spector was always bizarro. But a wizard.

If y’all ever have the time, I highly, highly suggest The Anthology (book). I’ve never been delivered more content from this band. I last read it in, like, 2005. But I remember when I first read it in 2002 and was blown away.

George Martin has always stuck with me. From the initial reading. But more than anyone, Brian Epstein. When The Beatles lost him, they lost their guiding force and the man keeping them in line, imo, they crumbled (despite him being over his head in their financial dealings). it was only a matter of time after he died before they fall apart.

Gosh that book is so good. This thread is making me want to dig it out of wherever dark corner it is sitting

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I may have screwed up starting this thread. Now I will have to adjourn to the patio later and begin chronologically listening to the Boys From Liverpool and I have avoided most memory music making me melancholy (damn, the boy can flat out nail this alliteration thingy) but can't avoid that forever. The early Beatles weren't just music, they were the fabric of our lives and so much of our lives together involved their music.

When we first started dating, we used to go to the Pizza Hut because they didn't card and the two songs that were played on the jukebox the most were "Michelle" and "Norwegian Wood" and the night I proposed to her parking at the overlook of the Arkansas river, "Michelle' was playing on the radio. I think I might have to just bypass those two for now, if I get that far. Know how strong a connection to a song can be? I have not heard those two songs without smelling pizza since those days and when we made it at home, those two were always played.

Too many great songs put up here that have already evoked memories but at some point I must stop the past from haunting me and let it comfort me. Maybe I subconsciously started this thread? Maybe I had an unknown purpose? I am going to try visiting the past like a vacation, not living in it. We always like going on vacations but we must come back home.