Favorite Beatles Song

Xelda

Reaction score
How can I put anything above Yesterday or Let It Be or Hey Jude or Strawberry Fields Forever or Here Comes The Sun or Across The Universe or Revolution or Don't Let Me Down or Happiness Is A Warm Gun or Helter Skelter or Blackbird or Back In The U.S.S.R. or We Can Work It Out or A Day In The Life or Baby, You're A Rich Man or Rain or I've Just Seen A Face or Golden Slumbers or The Long and Winding Road.... I could go on, but you get my point.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you for the thread Coach, but for me to name one Beatles song above the others is impossible.
Xelda, I made this tough on purpose and didn't even give folks the choice of early, middle and late Beatles and some like Biggie cheated anyway and had the audacity to throw in "and many more".

The Beatles are one of those bands that I can't just listen to one song, they all start connecting. But as I was thinking about my early, middle and late favs, I thought what one song really exemplifies their contribution, what motivated all those young musicians to get outside the box that was formula rock n roll. Not only musically but from the old 3 minute format that radio just about demanded to get airplay. They were big enough to break the mold.

It had to be from Sgt. Pepper because that's what began the change, imo. Not only for them but for all musicians and composers in the genre.

The Beatles are not my favorite band but they are the most important one in the last 60 years. They forced the move from 45's to LP's while forcing Top 40 radio to modify it's format and were the instigator of the creation of Album Oriented Rock. Not to mention their effect and influence on fashion, pop culture and lifestyles.

Our parents were right to fear them because they changed everything. I wouldn't necessarily say that is good or bad but it all began with them.

Xelda

Reaction score
I saw an interview with Paul McCartney where he discussed what The Beatles were going to be about. He said when they realized their platform was having an impact on the public, they could have gone into darker stuff, but they chose to sing about love instead. The Beatles are one of my favorite bands. I'm actually quite loyal to my music, home, family and NFL team.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He would do anything for a laugh. That bit he did with Patrick Swayze took a hell of a lot of guts. He's like Belushi to me, I wonder where they would have taken it?

I always think about that when someone so young and talented passes away so early. Where and what would they be doing today?
I just would hope he didn't let it go to his head, to where he thought he could do anything and people would love it...like Andy Kauffman.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Not a big fan of them but I like 2 songs: Eleanor Rigby and Obladi oblada.
I like more of Paul McCartney and Wings.
Eleanor Rigby is a masterpiece. I have that one in my link earlier, with a couple takes on the song.

Ob-La-Di is such a fun song. Some good story behind it. Desmond was a real person. The Anthology version is amazing.

Side note: The Anthology, 1-3, are immaculate (esp 2 and 3). Half the time them goofing around, but mostly just bared down acoustic bliss. The Anthology’s version of Blackbird is heart melting. Hey Jude, never better represented or rendered, imo. Hard to find online to share, tho. An essential have in any music library. The whole set is perfection in every way. And I do believe most or all of 2 and 3 was recorded after their stay in India. When they all became new, more conscious-driven musicians. I think some of the recordings are of them while still in India, but I may be wrong

Last edited:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I actually had a poster in another thread say that YES was a better band than The Beatles and Led Zepplin......I couldn't even respond.......I wish we had a "you can't fix stupid" emoji...........if not for Elvis and The Beatles, todays music would be much different.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Eleanor Rigby is a masterpiece. I have that one in my link earlier, with a couple takes on the song.

Ob-La-Di is such a fun song. Some good story behind it. Desmond was a real person. The Anthology version is amazing.

Side note: The Anthology, 1-3, are immaculate (esp 2 and 3). Half the time them goofing around, but mostly just bared down acoustic bliss. The Anthology’s version of Blackbird is heart melting. Hey Jude, never better represented or rendered, imo. Hard to find online to share, tho. An essential have in any music library. The whole set is perfection in every way. And I do believe most or all of 2 and 3 was recorded after their stay in India. When they all became new, more conscious-driven musicians. I think some of the recordings are of them while still in India, but I may be wrong
Great post Trouty did not know Desmond was a real person..loved that song since first time i heard it back in 93.