Favorite Beatles Song

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Well, I may have screwed up starting this thread. Now I will have to adjourn to the patio later and begin chronologically listening to the Boys From Liverpool and I have avoided most memory music making me melancholy (damn, the boy can flat out nail this alliteration thingy) but can't avoid that forever. The early Beatles weren't just music, they were the fabric of our lives and so much of our lives together involved their music.

When we first started dating, we used to go to the Pizza Hut because they didn't card and the two songs that were played on the jukebox the most were "Michelle" and "Norwegian Wood" and the night I proposed to her parking at the overlook of the Arkansas river, "Michelle' was playing on the radio. I think I might have to just bypass those two for now, if I get that far. Know how strong a connection to a song can be? I have not heard those two songs without smelling pizza since those days and when we made it at home, those two were always played.

Too many great songs put up here that have already evoked memories but at some point I must stop the past from haunting me and let it comfort me. Maybe I subconsciously started this thread? Maybe I had an unknown purpose? I am going to try visiting the past like a vacation, not living in it. We always like going on vacations but we must come back home.
You DID NOT screw up, CC. Speaking for myself. But I hear ya, re:”the pain” some of these songs conjur up. Lady Madonna can I only listen to on my most high flying days, or I go dark. I’ve spoke of this before here, in the music thread, and even recently.

And MAN, The Beatles, DEAD ON, have the same effect on me as your last paragraph. There are some of their songs that, when I listen to, crumble me to my knees out of pure sentimentality of the past (Lady Madonna isn’t the only one), as it was the love of my life (we’ll, my mom, too, but I digress) that guided me to this band. At times, I can’t remove the band from my past life and doings and encounters, as often it was the sound track of whatever we were up to. Gotta push past it, brother, as hard as it is. I’ll try taking my own advice

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their early stuff — as hard as it is to wrap one’s head around, just because this band is so acclaimed — is incredibly underrated rock n roll

Nail on the head.

Toi me what they created early on outshines what they did later on in the decade BECAUSE everyone was creating similar (if inferior) music in the late 60's (give some props to Brian Wilson and the Beach Boy's "Pet Sounds" for influencing much of that).

But listen to the top 40 songs at the end of December 1963 and then listen to the top 40 in the end of March of 1964...

The difference is stunning.

They literally changed music in February of '64.

But everyone points to their later stuff as being the best.

Good yeah, but not genre changing like what happened in '64.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, I may have screwed up starting this thread. Now I will have to adjourn to the patio later and begin chronologically listening to the Boys From Liverpool and I have avoided most memory music making me melancholy (damn, the boy can flat out nail this alliteration thingy) but can't avoid that forever. The early Beatles weren't just music, they were the fabric of our lives and so much of our lives together involved their music.

When we first started dating, we used to go to the Pizza Hut because they didn't card and the two songs that were played on the jukebox the most were "Michelle" and "Norwegian Wood" and the night I proposed to her parking at the overlook of the Arkansas river, "Michelle' was playing on the radio. I think I might have to just bypass those two for now, if I get that far. Know how strong a connection to a song can be? I have not heard those two songs without smelling pizza since those days and when we made it at home, those two were always played.

Too many great songs put up here that have already evoked memories but at some point I must stop the past from haunting me and let it comfort me. Maybe I subconsciously started this thread? Maybe I had an unknown purpose? I am going to try visiting the past like a vacation, not living in it. We always like going on vacations but we must come back home.
Your words, @CouchCoach

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/morning-pops.158657/page-839#post-8254308

Xelda

Reaction score

I think we all have music we're avoiding, just most of us can't credit The Beatles for the memories we want to side step. We're here for you Coach. If you need us.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
So many great Beatles tunes this thread could go on ad infinitum.

And this which McCartney played every instrument on, the demo was eventually given to Badfinger which had success with it. The only stipulation Paul gave them was that their version had to follow his verbatim

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
That was friggin' hilarious!!
LoL,,,ya, like "Lovely Rita" isn't of typical British rigidity from front to back ,,,:lmao:

The early Beatles weren't just music, they were the fabric of our lives and so much of our lives together involved / the night I proposed to her parking at the overlook of the Arkansas river.

"I saw her standing there",,,:thumbup:

:starspin::):starspin:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Nail on the head.

Toi me what they created early on outshines what they did later on in the decade BECAUSE everyone was creating similar (if inferior) music in the late 60's (give some props to Brian Wilson and the Beach Boy's "Pet Sounds" for influencing much of that).

But listen to the top 40 songs at the end of December 1963 and then listen to the top 40 in the end of March of 1964...

The difference is stunning.

They literally changed music in February of '64.

But everyone points to their later stuff as being the best.

Good yeah, but not genre changing like what happened in '64.

:clap::clap::clap:
As you/ yourself are on record MICHAEL,in proclaiming the vectored venues " rock-roll" music was taking by yer' mention of fandom of the "Dave Clark 5" music,,,

*I've since discounted yer' myriad of perceived negative forum friendly attributes,EVER since stacking them up against that SINGLE proclaimed TRUTH, Buddy!:thumbup:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LoL,,,ya, like "Lovely Rita" isn't of typical British rigidity from front to back ,,,:lmao:

"I saw her standing there",,,:thumbup:

:starspin::):starspin:
She was actually sitting there but nice tie-in to the thread. We should have had to use nothing but Beatles lyrics here for effect.

Someday I will share the story of how we met, women love this story and have asked me to repeat it. May truly be one of those some people were meant for some people and fate would eventually arrange a meeting.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we all have music we're avoiding, just most of us can't credit The Beatles for the memories we want to side step. We're here for you Coach. If you need us.
Appreciate that, me little bird. Ya see what happens when I go overboard on the British music?

I don't have the hair any longer but I was still a wild pirate for this "yeah, yeah, yeah's". I must have either been loud or really good as my neighbor had company and I didn't see them and they applauded after one of my "performances". I think they were thinking 'applaud and maybe he'll stop' because he knows were here and that worked.

Interesting fact that I did not know, and this was true of a lot of the British Invasions bands, until "Hard Day's Night", they did not have an album of solely their songs. The Stones first album was all covers and one tune by them. The difference was, unlike tribute bands, they were doing them in their own style, taking some artistic license.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Appreciate that, me little bird. Ya see what happens when I go overboard on the British music?

I don't have the hair any longer but I was still a wild pirate for this "yeah, yeah, yeah's". I must have either been loud or really good as my neighbor had company and I didn't see them and they applauded after one of my "performances". I think they were thinking 'applaud and maybe he'll stop' because he knows were here and that worked.

Interesting fact that I did not know, and this was true of a lot of the British Invasions bands, until "Hard Day's Night", they did not have an album of solely their songs. The Stones first album was all covers and one tune by them. The difference was, unlike tribute bands, they were doing them in their own style, taking some artistic license.

Exactly!

"Dave Clark 5" the same thing... A bunch of covers originally.

But the covers did the trick because they sounded so different.

Praxit

Reaction score
...Paul the musician gave us Yesterday and Blackbird. John the anguished philosopher gave us: In my life, Imagine, Dont let me down, Revolution and geez.....I could go on. So, John's songs really bring the brass to the bone. My favorites as well.