Favorite Candy Bar

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Mars bars were good too. For movie theater candy it had to be Dots or Junior Mints.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, kinda reminded me of a Milk Dud in bar form. And Sugar Daddies and Sugar Babies without the chocolate, yuuuuuuum.

My favorite movie theater candy for years was a roll of Neccos. Unlike LifeSavers, they were better about not putting the same flavor next in the roll because I was all about the variety.

One candy that almost disappeared and I never got why, Hersheyettes. They were better than M&M's because they had Hershey's chocolate in them. They still make them but they stopped marketing them.

I like Sixlets more than M&M's, kind of the same idea as Hersheyettes.

Anyone remember Volcano Rocks candy? That was my absolute favorite.....tangy yet sweet candy while nothing like Nerds.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate peanuts, like peanut butter, and love reese's. The latter two taste nothing like the former.
Must be the consistency you don't like. I know people that don't like peanuts but they don't like anything peanut. And you mentioned you would eat a Snickers.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mars bars were good too. For movie theater candy it had to be Dots or Junior Mints.
Yeah, and Milk Duds, Goobers and Raisinets.

My favorite hard candy was Charms and when they came out with those big suckers, that was great.

Xelda

Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of these?
zero_bar.jpg
That was my best friend's favorite candy bar. I had a couple, but didn't enjoy them as much.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember the original small but high quality bars called Gold Brick and Chunky? Man, I had to sacrifice quantity of quality and in my younger years, that was a tough sell but that Gold Brick was about as good as it could get and reminded me of the designer chocolates that are so prevalent today. And I never, repeat, NEVER, ever ride a horse naked without my Lady Godiva chocolates. Not in this heat though, melt too fast.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Junior Mints stored in the freezer are wonderful.
Those mini 3 Musketeers are great in the freezer too.

A friend of mine has always had a weight problem because of her sweet tooth and she read this article about how to satisfy the craving, which for her was like nicotine, really strong because she also suffers from depression. The craving and depression were co-dependents. A nutritionist wrote the article and she had a weight problem before she discovered this way to satisfy the craving. Mini 3 Musketeers in the freezer. When the craving hits, just put one in the mouth and let it dissolve, NO CHEWING ALLOWED!! My friend started that and then moved onto the Atkins and has lost 80lbs. She lost 20 alone in 5 weeks before starting Atkins with that 3 Musketeer trick. She said that by the 4th week, she wasn't even letting it dissolve, she was tired of it and spit the rest out. She had successfully tricked her mind out of the craving and her depression subsided to a more tolerable level.

Xelda

Reaction score
Those mini 3 Musketeers are great in the freezer too.

A friend of mine has always had a weight problem because of her sweet tooth and she read this article about how to satisfy the craving, which for her was like nicotine, really strong because she also suffers from depression. The craving and depression were co-dependents. A nutritionist wrote the article and she had a weight problem before she discovered this way to satisfy the craving. Mini 3 Musketeers in the freezer. When the craving hits, just put one in the mouth and let it dissolve, NO CHEWING ALLOWED!! My friend started that and then moved onto the Atkins and has lost 80lbs. She lost 20 alone in 5 weeks before starting Atkins with that 3 Musketeer trick. She said that by the 4th week, she wasn't even letting it dissolve, she was tired of it and spit the rest out. She had successfully tricked her mind out of the craving and her depression subsided to a more tolerable level.
Thanks Coach. On daddy's side of the family, I inherited a fierce sweet tooth. I am acquainted with 3 Musketeers and can understand why your friend spit them out. One of my cousins last meal before he died was Southern Maid donuts. Momma thought it was sad. I thought it was the perfect meal. Hot and fresh after 4 PM every day except Tuesday, closed. I have a doctor over there, they told me there are a lot of patients won't come on Tuesday.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Must be the consistency you don't like. I know people that don't like peanuts but they don't like anything peanut. And you mentioned you would eat a Snickers.

No, not a snickers.

Skippy is my least favorite peanut butter because I think it tastes more like the nuts.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, not a snickers.

Skippy is my least favorite peanut butter because I think it tastes more like the nuts.
You tried the others like Almond and Cashew Butter? They need a new product just for you. No Peter Pan Peanut Butter. "We took the nuts out for you".

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You tried the others like Almond and Cashew Butter? They need a new product just for you. No Peter Pan Peanut Butter. "We took the nuts out for you".

I love Peter Pan (but almost never eat PB anymore due to the calories). I have not had almond/cashew butter.

Bizwah

Reaction score
You hate peanuts???????? Does that mean you also hate peanut butter?...and therefore, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups???????????????
Right on. Hate is a strong word....but there is a dislike of peanut butter. I'll eat it, but I'm not happy about it.

Bizwah

Reaction score
The texture of peanut butter does bother me.

But the smell for some reason bothers me. I can't explain it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The texture of peanut butter does bother me.

But the smell for some reason bothers me. I can't explain it.
Peanut butter is one of those things I can't even imagine not liking. I've said many times that if I was allergic, I don't know what I'd do. I probably eat some form of peanuts or pb every day.

Big_D

Reaction score
Reeses PB cups.

As for peanut butter 'Skippy with honey' is awesome!! I Love it..