Favorite Cowboys game you ever attended?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
1991 pre season game vs the Raiders. Even though it was a loss it was the only game I attended with my grandpa.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I went to a flag football game between the Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers super bowl teams at 3 Rivers Stadium in the early 80's that was for charity. Roger Staubach and I believe Terry Hanratty were the starting qb's but gave way to backups later in the game. I got to sit right behind the Cowboys bench area. It was a charity event and the game got pretty competitive the longer it went. Players got huffy believe it or not a few times. Lynn Swann got miked up and he got his nose busted up while playing and he then switched sides late in the game to be a Cowboy. The Cowboys won and let me tell you Staubach was still ripping the ball back then. Was a fun event for all. Terrible towels were full in vogue that night. I've actually never wanted to go to a real game. I like my big tv and comfort that my wallet isn't being cleaned out while doing so but for those who want the experience or have loads of cash to spare in this troubled economy I say go for it if that is something you feel you need or want to do.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It wasn't my favorite game by any means (Cowboys lost to Tennessee), but Facebook just reminded me that my first game at Jerryworld was 12 years ago today.

My faves would probably be my first and last games at Texas Stadium (both wins over the Giants), and two blowouts of Pittsburgh in Three Rivers Stadium in the 90s.

mathew1184

Reaction score
The only regular season game I ever attended. Early December 2004, against the Seahawks. Julius Jones rookie year, Testeverde at QB, Keyshawn at WR. It’s was an awesome game we came back from I believe 27-10 to win in overtime. JJ ran for 198 yards. Great time with my dad.

jsb357

Reaction score
Staubach Ring of Honor Induction at Texas Stadium.

Also saw Tony Dorsett's last game and the last game Tom Landry coached.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Easy.

MNF @ the Meadowlands. "Parcells Return Game"

Giants kick apparent "GW" FG with 11 secs left to complete the comeback and send me home heartbroken.

I'm ready to roll out getting jeered by goddy Jints fans.

RamJam's Black Betty starts rocking over the PA. It's one of my "spirit jams". My brother is with me. He says hang out... maybe Zuriel goes the distance- crazier things have happened".

Then- the impossible happened. One of the greatest games in Cowboys history.

Thomas82

Reaction score
They have all been away games. I would say 1995 at the Georgia Dome....Deion's first game as a Cowboy.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Every game I've been to when Tom Brady was on the other side. It's a freath of bresh air seeing a talented QB. Something we haven't seen since Romo.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
New Giants/jets stadium, Dez first or second year. PR for td and receiving td.
Hit some of the speediest places on earth after the game lol

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
1992 NFC Divisional playoff game Philly at Dallas. I swear you could actually feel the hatred towards Philly throughout the stadium.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I can not pick only one. I have 3. Sorry guys and gals, but here they are.

1st one is, October 10, 1976: First Game at the new, at the time Giant stadium. The Cowboys beat the Giants, 24-14. First and only time I got to see Staubach, Landry and company in person.

2nd one is, Jan. 2, 1994. The Emmitt Smith Shoulder game, when the Cowboys won the NFC East on the last game of the season.

And # 4 is, September 24, 2000, The T.O. Star Game. My First ever Game at the old Texas Stadium. It sucked that that the Cowboys lost the game but it was cool to finally see the Cowboys play at Texas Stadium. I had been watching them play there on TV since 1972.

Shane612

Reaction score
1978 MNF Baltimore Colts vs Dallas Cowboys.
Tony Dorsett went crazy that night.
Cowboys win 38-0.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I've only been to 3 unfortunately. It's kind of a 3 way tie. I saw them beat the Giants on a Sunday Night game many years ago and the final was 33-32 I think.
And I saw them play the final regular season games before both SB 10 and SB 13 and both times I rushed the field with 1,000 fans and got up close to some Cowboys who were slow to get off the field.
It was very cool. I see myself in the NFL Films video for the 75 season.

I need to make a trip to Dallas some day

dfense

Reaction score
Drove 22 hours straight from upstate NY to Dallas for the Leon Lett Thanksgiving game, back when you could afford a game/hotel package. Unexpected ice storm turned our nose bleed seats into nice 50 yard line seats with all the no shows. We only had sweat shirts and people were in snow suits. Lett was an unblockable monster, sacks, blocked kicks. Too bad he's only remembered for the dumb play at the end. On the way back home got pulled over speeding by a NY state trooper. When we told him where we came from, he started chatting us up about Leon and let us go with a warning. I'll never forget it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have been to 5 games that were all in Texas stadium. Have yet to go to AT&T stadium yet.

My favorite game was the Thanksgiving Jason Garrett game. Cowboys were down by half-time but came roaring back in the second half. Emmitt Smith turned it up and Garrett just threw the ball deep to his receivers. Great game.

Cowboys/Bucs game some 32 years ago. Michael Irvin was a 2nd or 3rd year WR and he caught the game winning bomb TD down the sidelines in Tampa Stadium. Its was the beginning of the 90's dynasty. It started with that game.

Bull Frog

Reaction score
The 94 Div game against GB when Harper went 94 yards. The 95 Turkey day game against the Chiefs when Dale Carter got ejected and Prime walked out on the field waving goodbye. 2011 when Romo beat SF with a punctured lung. Those were my 3 favorite games I attended.
I was at that Packers game in 94. He beat T Buck if i recall correctly.

JMech

Reaction score
Being from NJ, I was really expecting these friendly country folks..lol. As we were walking in I saw about 5 full beer cans be thrown at a group of dallas fans, thats when I realized I misread the group. But have to say you could hear a pin drop in that parking lot on the way out. It was great. i believe its the first game that the team that allowed a pick6 and a kickoff return TD, won. As Dallas started coming back I turned to the obnoxious tools behind me and said, you guys better not lose this game. Also there was a bills fan girl sitting near me that would literally scream in my ear the whole game. I never got more satisfaction out of abusing an entire section as I did that day.

Yes I recall this fondly.

Quietly but firmly yet gently, you suggested to them that they better not lose the game.

And certainly the humility and humanity that you expressed to fans with their faces in their hands at the conclusion of the game, screaming at the top of your voice…most certainly so that they would hear you..

They should have given you keys to the city and given you a humanity award!

JMech

Reaction score
At Bills 2007 Monday Night Football. Romo 5 ints but they win anyway! Most obnoxious fans ever. But I abused them properly as they sat there heartbroken. It was fantastic.

like I said, you should have won a Mother Theresa medal.

JMech

Reaction score
it was great. I told them to get their sh— and go home you blanking losers. It was delightful after dealing with them all game.

But remember you delivered the message in a cheerful and inspiring fashion. Of course Drogon wasn’t available for a call up. You did a nice imitation.