Inspirational
Never gave up
Great character
Humble
A fighter
Great scrambler and passer
Basically invented the 2 minute drill
A winner in football and life

Staubach without a doubt. ....who else would win the Heismann Trophy and then serve their FULL team of military duty, asking no favors for early release, come back and perform just like he left off. HOF career, amazing athlete, runner and passer, but most of all a great family man . And life after football was just what you would think it would be. He was the perfect QB for America's Team. :bow:

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Romo was the reason I fell in love with football so him. A lot of other greats past and present however

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
E.Smith
Woodson
Roy Will(Safety)
Ware
Tony Romo
Dez
Zeke in year 1
Micah

Creeper

Reaction score
I have many favorites.

Tony Dorsett
Erik Williams
Larry Allen
Bob Lilly
Roger
Robert Newhouse
Dan Reeves
Troy
Michael
Emmitt
Leroy Jordan

Can't pick just one.

GMO415

Reaction score
s-l500.jpg

Blackrain

Reaction score
Roger Staubach was the greatest player to ever put on the cowboy uniform.

TC and mojo gave very accurate descriptions so I won't revisit

But Roger Staubach represented everything that was good about football and sports he was respected by everyone in the NFL.

To gain an appreciation for his ability and impact on the game watch the '70s playoff game between the Cowboys and the John brody-led 49ers where Roger brings us back in the fourth quarter with touchdown passes to Billy Parks and Ron Sellers.

Having been able to watch him play through his whole career was an absolute privilege.

In the era of football we are in now were the quarterback is so protected and receivers are unmolested he would dominate like no other.

Einstein

Reaction score
Everson Walls, undrafted in a 12 round draft era, and then just catches more interceptions than any other DB as a rookie. And then is one of the best human beings post football (look up his friendship with Ron Springs if you don't know why).

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Robert Newhouse.
Underrated RB. He performed beyond is natural talent.
Newhouse was an old school beast for sure, and just a little story but true story. ..
His mother used to take the seam out of all his pants and alter them because his thighs were so massive as a teenager.
Newhouse had some massive thighs.

EGTuna

Reaction score
As a kid, it was Danny White. But now, as a 50 year old with proper wisdom and perspective it’s Michael The Playmaker Irvin. As another poster wrote, he was the heart and spil of those 90s teams. He was the emotional leader and the team followed his lead. I kind see something similar with Micah Parsons.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I have many favorites.

Tony Dorsett
Erik Williams
Larry Allen
Bob Lilly
Roger
Robert Newhouse
Dan Reeves
Troy