Favorite guitar player

Hardline

Reaction score
Dick Dale and The Beach Boys are different genres. I love that you know and like Dale, but I don’t see much of a Beach Boys/Dale crossover.

It certainly isn’t Pet Sounds. Brian Wilson is a god in the indie/psychedelic music scene. Animal Collective, Panda Bear owe their sound to Brian Wilson.

Curious, what Beach Boys album was influenced by Dale?
Dick Dale and the Beach Boys style of guitar play is virtually identical. At least the early Dick Dale is very similar.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
my favorite is Angus Young
have a soft spot for a rarely heard of now passed guitar player named Chris Whitley (rip)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rock - Tommy Bolin, replaced Richie Blackmore "Deep Purple, and died far too young, Steve Vai

Jazz - Lee "Captain Fingers" Ritenour and Stanley Jordan

Classical - John Williams

Blackrain

Reaction score
my favorite is Angus Young
have a soft spot for a rarely heard of now passed guitar player named Chris Whitley (rip)

Have seen Angus live at the old Spectrum in Philly . He is incredible live guy really gives his all . One of a kind

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Gary Rossington
Randy Rhoads
Brian May
Angus Young
Eddie Van Halen
Glenn Tipton
Rik Emmett
Alex Lifeson
Stevie
Mick Ralphs
Billy Gibbons
just to name a few..
Shocked you didn't have the Greatest/Master listed at all. Very sad he died so young. Amazingly he was so good that he WAS recognized.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Dick Dale and The Beach Boys are different genres. I love that you know and like Dale, but I don’t see much of a Beach Boys/Dale crossover.

It certainly isn’t Pet Sounds. Brian Wilson is a god in the indie/psychedelic music scene. Animal Collective, Panda Bear owe their sound to Brian Wilson.

Curious, what Beach Boys album was influenced by Dale?

Jack White (of the White Stripes) covers Dick Dale's Nitro as his intros into Let's Shake Hands.